Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
Ok, here goes....This season is down the toilet, they are dead in the water and just circling the drain. But that is not the worst of it. If you're not in ascension then you are by definition in decline, and that is what the Packers are today. They may be the youngest team in the league but they are already dead. Nelson will be 30 and coming off a major knee injury, so they need to draft his replacement and groom him for a couple of years. Peppers is all but finished, and past history suggests it will take TT about four years to find his replacement. The offensive line is incapable of staying healthy for an entire season. The writing is on the wall with Lacy, whose body and running style will cause him to break down early. Adams would rather play video games than work on improving his questionable hands and route running.
That is certainly a possibility. I wrote in another thread that what we are seeing could be the start of a directional change, a precursor to a significant roster upheaval the next several years. I have long feared that Lacy could be John Brockington II, a guy who will have a 3-5 year career, then disappear.

But, I think it is just as likely that the train got derailed for some reason, and it can be back on track next year if not yet this year.

Time will tell.