Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
I think the key right now is whether Adams can pick himself off the mat, or whether his season will continue to be a bust. Lacy is back to being Lacy, but they still need someone to take some pressure off Cobb. If Adams can be some semblance of the player we expected, this could still be a very interesting season.
I thought bevaux had a great take in another thread, that they just needed to accelerate Adams's responsibilities in the offense out of need. I thought M3's comments about some players needing to stop worrying about how they run their routes, etc and just play ball were most specifically pointed to Adams. I have the narrative in my head at this point that most of his issues stem from being force fed Jordy's role and responsibilities and that's why the Packers keep throwing him the ball.

Adams will probably improve but I have to wonder if they will scale that back or change up the offense soon to mitigate his issues. I don't know yet but the time has got to be drawing close on a decision.

Of course Monty and Abbredaris coming back could make everything moot. If they can get a #3/4 on the field to present some new matchup problems, then it might not matter.