Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lions Week II

"He (Montgomery) hasn’t made much progress, and I’m sure there’s going to be some more testing and so forth," McCarthy said. "There’s different thresholds you try to reach through your rehab, and we’re just not quite getting there. Obviously, we’ve got to do some more research."
    Doesn't sound like we'll see him any time soon. Tough year for the WR group.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Grade 3 ankle sprain. Takes non-athletes a month to get off crutches. A year to a full recovery, if ever. He won't be the player we saw earlier in the year when he returns. Should be 100% for next season.
    Isn't that torn ligaments? As in, "no longer connected together at all" torn?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Isn't that torn ligaments? As in, "no longer connected together at all" torn?
    Yes. If it's a 3, we won't see him this year.

Did someone see an actual report of diagnosis on Monty or is this just speculatin on hypotheses?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Did someone see an actual report of diagnosis on Monty or is this just speculatin on hypotheses?
    Its speculation based on M3 saying there had not been much improvement in Monty over the last week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Doesn't sound good for Monty. The worst ankle sprain I ever had was grade 3 and it was my lower ankle. I was still in decent shape and a decent athlete and it took a full 3 months to recover to the point where I could run and do some light cutting, base running was a struggle after a month. I could usually tough out ankle injuries without assistance, but I remember hopping into a wheelchair at the grocery store. I went to physical therapy for 3 weeks, so it wasn't like I just ignored it either.

If it was torn completely, whatever grade that might be referred to, he would have had to immobilize the foot to allow the ligaments to reattach I believe. There have been no reports of him being in a cast, walking boot or even large brace that I am aware of. In some cases, surgery is necessary to help reattach.

So as long as he is out walking around at practice and not immobilized or off his feet, my assumption is that its less than a full tear. But even that doesn't mean it couldn't be multiple weeks yet.

I blew out my ankle playing basketball in an ROTC pickup game. Took me about two weeks before I could stand without significant pain from the localized swelling. I could run after 8 weeks, but couldn't play racquetball or practice martial arts anywhere near my pre-injury levels for like 6 fucking months. So frustrating. Doctor told me if fibula had fractured, I'd have been better off.

Mostly hopped around on one leg and left the crutches by the door.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I got jalepeno juice in a hangnail once. That smarted. After some therapy, both physical and mental, I was able to drive past a Taco Bell again.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Well, he won't be around, so it'll be up to the remaining receivers to try not to make the Lions' decrepit secondary look like a bunch of Revises.

At this point, would Abbrederis or Janis be any worse that Davante Adams has been? Couldn't they run a few four wide receiver sets with both those guys and Adams and Cobb occasionally, and set Richard "Slow" Rodgers on the bench?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, he won't be around, so it'll be up to the remaining receivers to try not to make the Lions' decrepit secondary look like a bunch of Revises.

At this point, would Abbrederis or Janis be any worse that Davante Adams has been? Couldn't they run a few four wide receiver sets with both those guys and Adams and Cobb occasionally, and set Richard "Slow" Rodgers on the bench?
    Abbrederis breaks every time they use him. To have a chance they need to revert to what the Bears used to do in the 70s when they had Walter Payton and a bunch of nothing. Run Lacy 35 times, mix in an occasional pass to Cobb to keep the defense from stacking the box with all eleven, and hope the punting and defense give you enough for a 15-12 win.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Abbrederis breaks every time they use him. To have a chance they need to revert to what the Bears used to do in the 70s when they had Walter Payton and a bunch of nothing. Run Lacy 35 times, mix in an occasional pass to Cobb to keep the defense from stacking the box with all eleven, and hope the punting and defense give you enough for a 15-12 win.
    This is better than your 12-2 scenario.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

When are we going to see Alonzo Harris again? Is he worth running out there on 3rd downs? can the guy catch a pass?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    When are we going to see Alonzo Harris again? Is he worth running out there on 3rd downs? can the guy catch a pass?
    I think he might be slower than Bulaga. They tried a screen pass to him a few games ago, but that was before they remembered how to run them.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Get Monty some stem cell injections!!!!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think he might be slower than Bulaga. They tried a screen pass to him a few games ago, but that was before they remembered how to run them.
    I must have missed both plays they used him this season,
    C.H.U.D.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 14m14 minutes ago
    They should fire everyone except Janis.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I wonder when they would cut bait on Montgomery's season to have the roster spot for someone who could at least be some help to the team. I give you the secret weapon from the practice squad:

Williams, Ed WR 6-0 196 24 R Fort Hays State
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Get Monty some stem cell injections!!!!
    Or maybe Russell Wilson can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I wonder when they would cut bait on Montgomery's season to have the roster spot for someone who could at least be some help to the team. I give you the secret weapon from the practice squad:
    Williams, Ed WR 6-0 196 24 R Fort Hays State
    It could happen when (if) they decide to activate Quarless. They will need a roster spot for him.