Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions Week II

Lions Week II

Abbrederis and Linsley practiced today. T.J. Lang, Randall and Montgomery only players not practicing. MM said Quarless will not be activated today, but did not rule it out this week. Practice was really just a jog through in sweats and helmets. Real practice tomorrow.

Linsley back at practice with the ones. Good thing or bad thing?

Discuss.

I kinda think its a bad thing. Tretter was really helping with the run game. Cory might be the better choice in power situations, but down in and down out, Tretter got Lacy more yards.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They did seem to be running better with Tretter, but he also cost them at least three points against Chicago with that worm-burner snap of his. Three points during that drive would have been huge.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    They did seem to be running better with Tretter, but he also cost them at least three points against Chicago with that worm-burner snap of his. Three points during that drive would have been huge.
    I think you can fix a shotgun snap (although this year I might not bet heavily on it). Not sure another week and an injury rehab is going to make Linsley any better at getting out on a LB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 52m52 minutes ago
    McCarthy not a fan of the Thursday-Thursday schedule. "But that's the beauty" of the NFL, he says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 51m51 minutes ago
    McCarthy: It's important for Randall Cobb to be a big part of our offense, that's a focus each & every week.

AS FAR AS A STATEMENT OF FIRST PRINCIPLES, I AM OK WITH THIS

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 50m50 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Andrew Quarless will start practicing today.

NOT SURE HE IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE WILKERSON AWARD, BUT WILL CONSIDER A WAIVER

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57m57 minutes ago
    Quarless will practice today, MM says. .... If Randall can't play, MM likes what he's seen out of Henry Rollins Band.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 54m54 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Jeff Janis has "done a really good job" on kickoff returns. "We're definitely looking at him for this week."

HE HAS TAKEN A FEW TOO MANY OUT, BUT ITS HARD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A 4/165/41.3AVG STAT LINE

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 43m43 minutes ago
    Julius Peppers, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Ty Montgomery and Demetri Goodson didn't practice. Andrew Quarless and Damarious Randall were back.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 43m43 minutes ago
    Julius Peppers, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Ty Montgomery and Demetri Goodson didn't practice. Andrew Quarless and Damarious Randall were back.
    No update on Bulaga? His injury was originally called 'minor'.

Montgomery sure seems to be following an awful long road back.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    No update on Bulaga? His injury was originally called 'minor'.

Bulaga did the walkthrough Sunday. His absence seems to say all was not well.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
    The #Packers now listing Jeff Janis as their No. 1 kickoff returner on depth chart, ahead of Abbrederis, Hyde and Montgomery

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
    The #Packers now listing Jeff Janis as their No. 1 kickoff returner on depth chart, ahead of Abbrederis, Hyde and Montgomery
    given current injury status, that's not saying much!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    given current injury status, that's not saying much!
    I also think that M3 basically admitted the PR staff puts that chart together, not him. But let's not rain on the facts parade.

Janis is #1.

I am going on record as predicting a 12-2 loss at Detroit. And there will be a historical moment in this game: the only GB points will come on a defensive two-point conversion.

I also think that M3 basically admitted the PR staff puts that chart together, not him.
    Tauscher?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I am going on record as predicting a 12-2 loss at Detroit. And there will be a historical moment in this game: the only GB points will come on a defensive two-point conversion.
    I love you and hate you for this all at once.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
    #Packer injury report: Bulaga (ankle), Goodson (illness), Montgomery (ankle), Peppers (not injury related) did not participate.

IF YOU PIECED TOGETHER BULAGA, GOODSON AND MONTY FRANKENSTEIN-STYLE, YOU COULD MAKE A DECENT TIGHT END I THINK.

PEPPERS (AGE).

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    #Packers Injury report: G T.J. Lang (shoulder), C Corey Linsley (ankle), LB Nate Palmer (foot), G Josh Sitton (back) were limited.

PIECE THESE GUYS TOGETHER AND ITS JUST ANOTHER GUARD.

As a NFL Head Coach who is M3 "required" to communicate with in the media? Presser after games? Twice a week? Not sure.....

The reason I bring this up is I heard M3 on the Dan Le Batard show a few weeks ago and it was the worst interview I have ever heard, and was a complete waste of time for a HC.
    C.H.U.D.

He has League mandated availabilities, but those are relatively minimal. If he is on a national radio show, its usually because he does two or three extra national ones a week.

He used to be on Brian Billick's Sirius radio show often.

They might have special requirements for NFL Network.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m11 minutes ago
    The #Packers brought in WR Larry Pinkard for tryout. Eligible to re-sign after injury agreement expires this wk. Made big catch in PS finale

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    He has League mandated availabilities, but those are relatively minimal. If he is on a national radio show, its usually because he does two or three extra national ones a week.

He used to be on Brian Billick's Sirius radio show often.

They might have special requirements for NFL Network.
    Like speak in complete sentences?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Grade 3 ankle sprain. Takes non-athletes a month to get off crutches. A year to a full recovery, if ever. He won't be the player we saw earlier in the year when he returns. Should be 100% for next season.