Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just 1 healthy WR

Just 1 healthy WR

Sounds like Janis is the only healthy WR on the roster.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...359822921.html

Montgomery doesn't seem to be anywhere near ready to practice.

Adams won't talk about it, but Cobb and Van Pelt say his ankle is bothering him a lot. Per Van Pelt; " "Did you see him running today? He's struggling. He's toughing it out but..."

Cobb insist he is still affected by the shoulder injury, per the article above.

Jones has a bad hamstring, the severity of which is unknown. But we know from two years ago when he played with broken ribs that he will gut it out, regardless, so it could be affecting him more than we know.

Abbrederis is Abbrederis.

Which leaves Janis.................

Forgot about the Jones hammy. Makes the week to week fluctuations seem less strange.

More Perillo.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Forgot about the Jones hammy. Makes the week to week fluctuations seem less strange.

More Perillo.

Run the wishbone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Run the wishbone.
    I will be honest, that is one of the things I thought M3 might try. Why keep sending out 3 or 4 injured guys?

Send out Perillo and Ripkowski with Kuhn and threaten them with run.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bring back Taco Wallace
    Go PACK

It was pretty easy to see Jones was hurting starting several weeks ago. He was never fast, but all of a sudden it just looked like it was downright ackward for him to move.
    Seems like it would be a pretty damn good time to get VERY committed to the running game. Not stubby committed either, like 75% running plays committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sounds like Janis is the only healthy WR on the roster.
    Now if all the TEs and FBs get hurt Janis will play.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    If Jones and Cobb are really hurt why are they not being held out? Let them heal its not like they are doing much playing hurt!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    If Jones and Cobb are really hurt why are they not being held out? Let them heal its not like they are doing much playing hurt!
    Who would they put in to replace them?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I will be honest, that is one of the things I thought M3 might try. Why keep sending out 3 or 4 injured guys?

Send out Perillo and Ripkowski with Kuhn and threaten them with run.
    Absolutely. Ripper gets a 20 yard check down, brutalizes the opposition, and is totally forgotten about. Perillo catches passes up the seam with visions of Gronk/brewer mascot dancing in his head, and then is summarily dismissed. These stout/Fat players want their moment in the sun. They will not puss out with little hand checks like D'on (get stupid) Adams.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Who would they put in to replace them?
    the Tight ends. Gronk gets hurt and the Patsies throw out whichever TEs they have left, and despite phantom penalties, Brady just tosses the rock to them for 40 yards. Go for the gusto, Stubby!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bring back the U-72 and add a fullback to the mix. Or play for draft picks, it's probably not too late to squeeze into the top 15!

Janis is the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Run the wishbone.
    That's only valid on Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    the Tight ends. Gronk gets hurt and the Patsies throw out whichever TEs they have left, and despite phantom penalties, Brady just tosses the rock to them for 40 yards. Go for the gusto, Stubby!!!
    Stubby ain't Belichick, and Rodgers sure as hell is no Tom Brady this season.

Belichick's offense for the Packers would work a lot better if Monty was healthy. That injury cost them a lot of flexibility.

yeah, I'm thinking he was the reason they could be productive without Nelson. The guy has a knack for getting open short and breaking a few tackles. Unlike James Jones, Davante Adams, and Richard Rodgers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm thinking Jones would be fine if he was a bit more healthy. Of course that could be said for most of the WR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Stubby ain't Belichick, and Rodgers sure as hell is no Tom Brady this season.
    Feel free to dream the impossible dream. Open your heart to the possibility for hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Feel free to dream the impossible dream. Open your heart to the possibility for hope.
    I can only dare to dream for one of those, I think stubby is the bigger miracle so that's the one I'm going for.