Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lions Week II

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Fire McGinn!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Yeah, when you are relying on deep psychological analysis of someone you barely know to support your point, you have officially gone off the deep end.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Fire McGinn!
    That would certainly make me work harder.

OK, now he has me hooked. 7 players to jettison, 2 starters.

On offense it could be Jones or Rodgers. But I am not sure even Bob is advocating cutting your TE off to spite your offense. So Jones on offense.

Masthay on ST? Might deserve it, and punters are the one commodity you can usually find in a day laborer line.

On defense it could be Guion (what was that contract?) since Pennell is taking his snaps, Palmer or Mulumba at LB and I am guessing Hayward at CB.

So I have six, but 3 starters. Anyone else?

Backups could be anyone on PS, hardly a challenge. Backups on roster: Backman, Tolzien (? maybe he looked funny at Michael Cohen), Goodson (goldbrick with illness), Gunter (be inactive on the unemployment line), Kuhn (age discrimination my ass), Janis (? counter-intuitive Bob pick-if Packers don't trust him, why keep his around?).
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-02-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bob's prescription?

Fire some players. You think you are hurt Cobb? Watch me cut James Jones. That'll heal you right up.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...360085831.html

Funny. Bob was singing hosannas about Nowak prior to Week 1.
    Yay! More sensationalist, scare-tactics journalism! I'm already reading more articles!
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Is McGinn feeling the heat from the merger?

Firing as a performance motivational factor?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Is McGinn feeling the heat from the merger?

Firing as a performance motivational factor?
    bingo
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Have the Patriots and Seahawks won that many more Super Bowls than the Packers the last 10 years?

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 12m12 minutes ago
    DBs w/ lowest burn %

Revis 40%
    Porter 40%
    V.Davis 43%
    Norman 43%
    Fuller 43%
    Gilmore 47%
    House 47%
    Darby 48%
    Kirkpatrick 48%
    Breaux 48%

Maybe we expected too much from Adams versus old man Porter.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 11m11 minutes ago
    QBs w/ lowest comp % vs. blitz

Tannehill 47.8%
    Kaepernick 48.7%
    Winston 50.5%
    Cutler 52.6%
    Luck 52.8%
    Rodgers 53.5%
    Bortles 54.1%

OOOF!

Tannehill 47.8%
    Kaepernick 48.7%
    Winston 50.5%
    Cutler 52.6%
    Luck 52.8%
    Rodgers 53.5%
    Bortles 54.1%

OOOF!
    Didn't he used to rank with the Mannings in the top 3?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

OK, now he has me hooked. 7 players to jettison, 2 starters.

On offense it could be Jones or Rodgers. But I am not sure even Bob is advocating cutting your TE off to spite your offense. So Jones on offense.

Masthay on ST? Might deserve it, and punters are the one commodity you can usually find in a day laborer line.

On defense it could be Guion (what was that contract?) since Pennell is taking his snaps, Palmer or Mulumba at LB and I am guessing Hayward at CB.

So I have six, but 3 starters. Anyone else?

Backups could be anyone on PS, hardly a challenge. Backups on roster: Backman, Tolzien (? maybe he looked funny at Michael Cohen), Goodson (goldbrick with illness), Gunter (be inactive on the unemployment line), Kuhn (age discrimination my ass), Janis (? counter-intuitive Bob pick-if Packers don't trust him, why keep his around?).
    Questionable character - Guion for sure. I think he also advocated releasing Quarless immediately, didn't he?
    Injury history - Abbrederis has to be at the top of that list. Shields could be there too. Neal, Perry, Bulaga. Lots of candidates here.
    Age - Kuhn, they have a replacement available anyway
    Performance - any non starter. Guion, Masthay, Palmer, R Rodgers, Adams. The first two might be released, the others merely demoted.

Releasing James Jones would be just the opposite of what you want to encourage. This is a guy who is always available, even when injured, and never complains. It's not his fault he is thrust into more of a role than he is suited for.

Tannehill 47.8%
    Kaepernick 48.7%
    Winston 50.5%
    Cutler 52.6%
    Luck 52.8%
    Rodgers 53.5%
    Bortles 54.1%

OOOF!
    Well, I think that reflects his season in general. His current completion percentage of 60.5 is the lowest of his career as a starter, and is 23rd in the NFL.

Questionable character - Guion for sure. I think he also advocated releasing Quarless immediately, didn't he?
    Injury history - Abbrederis has to be at the top of that list. Shields could be there too. Neal, Perry, Bulaga. Lots of candidates here.
    Age - Kuhn, they have a replacement available anyway
    Performance - any non starter. Guion, Masthay, Palmer, R Rodgers, Adams. The first two might be released, the others merely demoted.

Releasing James Jones would be just the opposite of what you want to encourage. This is a guy who is always available, even when injured, and never complains. It's not his fault he is thrust into more of a role than he is suited for.
    I agree the messages will be mixed for a lot of these. Is any player going to not go to the tub if they cut Abby? He's missed so much time some of his teammates don't know who he is yet.

Jones would be production drop-off. But that could cost everyone but Tretter and Lang their jobs on the O line.

Bob is just an idiot. Seahawks' Nowak wasn't released as part of some get tough, shape up or ship out effort. They blew their O line position to smithereens last offseason and they are still rebuilding it.

Have the Patriots and Seahawks won that many more Super Bowls than the Packers the last 10 years?
    Only the Giants and Steelers have done it twice in the last 10 years. And the Steelers had 2 different HCs. Tom Coughlin sits alone as the winningest HC of the last decade.

All hail Grandpa Coughlin!

Pass the Werthers!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.