Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Packers Lions Game Day Thread - Part 2 Thursday Night Edition

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Offical Packers Lions Game Day Thread - Part 2 Thursday Night Edition

The Packers are stumbling as the enter the home stretch of the 2015 season. Just like the loss to DET 3 weeks ago really started the talk of a collapse. Tonight's convincing victory will put the Packers back on track to make a long push into the post-season.

The O starts clicking and the D will hold Det to less than 300 yards again. The Pack win a laugher 38 - 10.

ThunderDan is starting an 8 week run capped by live posting from SF at the Super Bowl.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think this is Detroit's last national game. Everyone is playing for their job in Detroit or for whatever team picks them up in the off season. They love to take on the Packers and will play very hard. They are playing well and will give the Packers everything they can handle. I'm not sure the Packers have righted the ship, but they are still the better team. Predicting Packers 27-24, but will require an extraordinary play to make it happen - like a return TD from ST or defensive pick 6.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't know if either team will score that much.

19-17 Packers. (Thank you Mason Crosby)

I am going to Ford Field tonight. I am not feeling sanguine about this one, not at all, but my wife tells me I better buck the fuck up.

As I have said, last time I went was in 2010, on December 7th, I think it was. The Packers lost, the Lions' fans were hooting and hollering about next year being in the SB, the Packers were done - and Green Bay went on to lose to New England the following week, dropping them to 8-6.

Then they won the SB.

So, if they win tonight I will be very happy. If they lose tonight I will try to remember 2010.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I wish the game would start already. We're reduced to talking about backups to our backup center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Maybe you could do that Mr. Miyagi healing clap and rub on Rodgers shoulder. Or Cobb's shoulder. Or Bulaga's ankle. Or Jones' hamstring.

Now that I think about it, a clap and run usually runs you double, Cotton.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The defense needs to score in this one....STs as well. No reason they can't win this one...work some magic Dom and Company! Oh.....run the fucking ball Stubby.
    C.H.U.D.

Who is starting on the Oline tonight?
    C.H.U.D.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Well this is the game that will firmly entrench the Pack into second place in the North...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Who is starting on the Oline tonight?
    You and Captain Kickass are on the right side. Good luck and God speed.

How fast does God let you go? Speed of light? Expansion of the universe immediately after the Big Bang? The Flash?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    24-17 Detroit. Rodgers can't win on the final drive. His manhood gets questioned by the audacious media, He tells them that it is a good size, a murmur of snickering is audible.

A few days ago I said Detroit 12-2 over GB but now my intuition says Packers get completely blown out of the stadium. Let's say 41-10.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Yeah, not feeling really good about this game, along with millions of other fans across the country, which means the packers win handily 30 - 17.

Culprit found:

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 9m9 minutes ago
    The Packers have promoted RB John Crockett from the practice squad and released RB Alonzo Harris, per a source.... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21...162929752246-4

Thanks Bob!!

'Crocs' is back!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    24-17 Detroit. Rodgers can't win on the final drive. His manhood gets questioned by the audacious media, He tells them that it is a good size, a murmur of snickering is audible.

Then Tom Silverstein calls Olivia Munn to ask her about this, and TJ Lang goes off on Silverstein. Munn stays mum.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kris Gösser ‏@krisgosser 1h1 hour ago
    @jasonjwilde at the Milwaukee airport

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    One change to expect on #Packers D tonight: Rookie Jake Ryan will either start or have a more prominent role at ILB over Nate Palmer.

Weird, since Palmer seemed to perk up after his injury/benching. Though there was that crossing route he (or possibly Matthews) whiffed on 3rd down versus the Bears.
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-03-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Kris Gösser ‏@krisgosser 1h1 hour ago
    @jasonjwilde at the Milwaukee airport

LORD FAVRE!!!