Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FRITZ! DID YOU STAY UNTIL THE DAGGER?

FRITZ! DID YOU STAY UNTIL THE DAGGER?

Well, tell us all about it!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    He was probably in the Go Pack Go cheering section when RR gave his on-field interviews!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Even if he did leave early, there's no way he'd admit it, and neither would I.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    He was probably in the Go Pack Go cheering section when RR gave his on-field interviews!

That's EXACTLY where we were! Section 122 in the corner. And hell yes we stayed!!!

The play started on our end so the Packers were moving away from us. When the defense gave up that third-and-12 pass earlier, I thought it was over. But I kept saying to my wife, "you know, it's about time they win one of these last-second games." I kept the faith - I bucked the fuck up, as I mentioned early in the game thread.

The second-to-last play, it did look like a face mask from where we sat. The crowd, which had been raucous off and on, was mostly quiet before that last play. The Lions sent three but split double-teams easily, and I'm pretty sure Bach and Barclay should've been called for holding/block in the back.

When Rodgers launched it, I'll never forget that ball arcing high and sailing away from us, as if it were heading into the rafters. I saw a Packer in white go up, two arms over his head, and most amazingly, no Lion in front of him, only one on either side, it seemed. I saw the catch, him bringing it down, and for a beat the whole place hung silent. Then everyone exploded, and our section of Packer fans went berserk.

As I said to my wife as we left, you could watch football for another ten years and not see another play like that, much less be a part of it.

I couldn't stop smiling. My voice is shot. I will treasure that moment always.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Nice, Fritz!

What a finish. I'm smiling as I type this.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As I said to my wife as we left, you could watch football for another ten years and not see another play like that, much less be a part of it.

Very cool that you were there to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Very cool that you were there to see it happen.
    It was very, very cool. And fun to be sitting with the Packer fans.

It was chaotic, too. I didn't even know who caught the ball until we were outside of the stadium, walking to the car.

You could tell which fans were which, even without identifying colors. Every fan who was smiling and high-fiving - just idiotic grins plastered to faces - was a Packers' fan. Every person who was wandering, dazed and vacant and sputtering, was a Lion's fan. Or a homeless person. Or both.

Packer fans are fun. I met a lot of cool people there.

KYPack

That's cool that you got to be there.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

That's great you were there Fritz.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    One of my favorite things about road games is to hear and/or participate in the Go Pack Go cheer. Especially late in victories when the cheer gets really loud and there are no loser home fans left to drown it out.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now that's White privilege!! Did you buck the fuck up when you got home foolio??

cool that you were there. longest last-play hail-mary for-a-win in nfl history.

Wow Fritz, that sounded amazing. So cool to hear!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

That's EXACTLY where we were! Section 122 in the corner. And hell yes we stayed!!!

The play started on our end so the Packers were moving away from us. When the defense gave up that third-and-12 pass earlier, I thought it was over. But I kept saying to my wife, "you know, it's about time they win one of these last-second games." I kept the faith - I bucked the fuck up, as I mentioned early in the game thread.

The second-to-last play, it did look like a face mask from where we sat. The crowd, which had been raucous off and on, was mostly quiet before that last play. The Lions sent three but split double-teams easily, and I'm pretty sure Bach and Barclay should've been called for holding/block in the back.

When Rodgers launched it, I'll never forget that ball arcing high and sailing away from us, as if it were heading into the rafters. I saw a Packer in white go up, two arms over his head, and most amazingly, no Lion in front of him, only one on either side, it seemed. I saw the catch, him bringing it down, and for a beat the whole place hung silent. Then everyone exploded, and our section of Packer fans went berserk.

*** " I kept the faith - I bucked the fuck up, as I mentioned early in the game thread. " ....Fritz

I was right there too in the first half the team just simply couldn't look worse. Then that fumble into the end zone recover by who else Randall Cobb gave me all I needed to get straightened out and back to straighten up and have the faith. It's really 'in my Irish' ALL ABOUT the CORRECT KHARMA' Packerrats. Lose the faith and take the dagger up your ass's. Damn most here are dedicated Packer fans but some of us act weak..... when it doesn't go just our way. Heck...in LIFE where we might choose to know/realize ....that doesn't work that way.

We must know with the GOOD exists the BAD. Football is all about overcoming adversity and proper fan support certainly assists that.

*** " The second-to-last play, it did look like a face mask from where we sat. " ....Fritz

In reality we caught a break there but the Zebras missed the obvious Pass Interference call on the previous play. The real sense of it is that was a react to it call and Aaron Rodgers head rotated to the sideline dramatically and his helmet was all twisted so it appeared to be a Face Mask Call that was in order. Heck let's just call it an act of Good for the Green Bay Packers KHARMA. I TRUST that most Packer fans were dialed in with faith/hope on that last gulp Dipsy Doodle play and the last play 'the Hail Mary' that will forever immortalize The Rodgers's (former) California Bears in Green Bay Packer Lore.

Anyone.....Have you ever seen a more exciting well executed play by any offense and just how a team shouldn't defend against such a last ditch effort. The Lions HC needed to call a TO and get the team's collective defensive heads properly focused. Aaron was fortunate to escape a sack on the scramble right and he made a tremendous Rainbow Throw with Richard Rodgers in just the right place with the Lions defense positioned behind some wall of Packers looking for a chance to haul the pigskin in.

Any Packer fan FAITH was rewarded for just that Packerrats.

*** " When Rodgers launched it, I'll never forget that ball arcing high and sailing away from us, as if it were heading into the rafters. I saw a Packer in white go up, two arms over his head, and most amazingly, no Detroit Lion in front of him, only one on either side, it seemed. I saw the catch, him bringing it down, and for a beat the whole place hung silent. Then everyone exploded, and our section of Packer fans went berserk. " ... Fritz

I'm HAPPY for you and your wife that you attended this amazing result game and comeback like we will never see again on behalf of the Green bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Many Packerats enjoyed that here on the Game Night Thread. You and your wife and so many Packer fans (many traveling to Detroit) get a leg up seeing it at Lambeau Field. While down home in New Brunswick, Canada at an event for a cancer victim @ the Gladstone Curling Club in Fredericton Junction; I met a young woman a former Colt fan who married a Packer fan and Honeymooned in Green Bay taking in a Packer game. She said to me over and over...she was drinking tequila hahaha " Eddie.....you just must attend a Packer game at Lambeau Field as this place is utterly amazing....awesome packer fans /people and I had the very best time in my 28 years of life. Her name ...Shawna Mott. An exuberant now.....Packer fan. Fully behind her husbands love of the Green Bay Packers. All across Canada the OPackers are KING. At my place I n Greenfield Park, Quebec I'm just 5 minutes walk to Hooters....the official Packer Sports Bar for the Greater Montreal Greenfiels Park is Home for the Greenfield Park Packers Minor Football Program that uses as I recall it....NFL rules. This league has an exception over the NFL....Better Refereeing ..... TRUE !!!

NFL Officiating SUCKS out loud. Officiating now dominates the NFL game. Hirte full time Professional officials NOT school; teachers, Dentists and plumbers that weasnt o

I hate it that the Officials are too often.....such a negative factor in game outcomes. Damn as fans we need to concentrate on the games play...NOT the way the Officials arrive at their latest screw up.

*** I couldn't stop smiling. My voice is shot. I will treasure that moment always ...Fritz

Fritz....In some 57n yrats as a die hard Packer fgan. I've never got so excited following a huge game deciding pklau for our side. Mae saw mee leap to the ceiling well close to that....hahaha as Richard Rodgers went up so high to snatch that amazing throw from ARod. The ball traveled 64-65 yards and the arc was something I've never seen before. Favre was like that long and deep but I don't recall his throws so high and arcing. Aaron did that to allow his receivers to get to the end zone. That was a practised play ( and thankfully hahaha .....again ) the Lions were all over their ass's being the Detroit Lions and not in any way, shape or manner set to defend that pass. As I posted easrlier. Before that play went to the LOS....Detroit needed a TO called to go over the possibilities and much before that know how to defend such. They went to school there but all the same they are ............the Detroit Lions. Translation....they lose a whole lot to the Green Bay Packers.....i9n the modern Era certainly that's been the case.

Final Comment:

CONGRATULATIONS Fritz >>> to you and your Wife. Congratulations to any Packerrat who saw this finish LIVE....a special two thumbs up..... to all here at Packerrats who hung with the Game Thread.....and believed with all their might in a Packer comeback victory. It's you Packerrats that are the WINNERS.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-05-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    cool that you were there. longest last-play hail-mary for-a-win in nfl history.
    No kidding !

I loved Richard Rodgers and his attitude and grown on smile in his post game interview. He was so ' a class act'. Then we learn what Eddie Lacy did late Wed. night. That shit can't go unpunished. The Packers need to fine him for such selfishness when then team is son fricken up against it now.

I love Eddie but that crap needs to be punished...he made an example of. If TT and MM allow that to0 simply pass they are screwing up.

Eddie Lacy need a heavy fine.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Now that's White privilege!! Did you buck the fuck up when you got home foolio??
    Oh yeah. What could be a bigger turn on than seeing that Hail Mary play live?

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Oh yeah. What could be a bigger turn on than seeing that Hail Mary play live?
    Now we know that fritz got laid.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

It was a good night.

KYPack