Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER CAM

Cam with a walk off at his post game PC. I'd say he has no class, but I guess that would be racially insensitive.

If only good PR could win Super Bowls.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Cam with a walk off at his post game PC. I'd say he has no class, but I guess that would be racially insensitive.
    I thought there was something strange about the guy from the start of the game. What up?

Also, after they scored the TD and didn't give the ball to a kid, I'm thinking that's very bad karma, it will come back to bite you in the ass - and I don't believe in karma...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He didn't do a dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    He didn't do a dance?
    He didn't even dab.

Sad really.

Cam with a walk off at his post game PC..
    Why? What was he being asked?

Cam Newton has A LOT of learning left to do. This is the kind of crushing defeat that can derail the promising future of a QB who is known more for athleticism than reading defenses and having great accuracy. He didn't show a lot of leadership tonight. He was supposed to be the young guy with all the flash...but he was gimping around like he was the guy about to turn 40. No fire. No intensity. Looked at a fumble on the ground that was THE final make or break point of their season, and he backed away like it was a hand grenade.

Walking off the interview platform is absolutely low class. 49 other QBs went through painful defeats before him...how many of them just got up and walked out when the questions got tough? I think the questions he will get from some teammates may be tougher though.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Looked at a fumble on the ground that was THE final make or break point of their season, and he backed away like it was a hand grenade.
    some guys throw themselves on the grenade, some guys run away. Very, very interesting.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    some guys throw themselves on the grenade, some guys run away. Very, very interesting.
    King Friday is right, he jumped AWAY from the damn thing.....Charlotte NC is lighting him up.

To be honest, he doesn't seem like a bad guy but he needs to grow up some.

He didn't answer many questions at all, was more down than Belichick without scissors and a new sweatshirt. Lasted 3 + minutes with not much said to any question.

On the fumble, at first I thought he stood still immediately after he spotted the ball in front of him, but it was a trick of the camera angle. From another angle he took two steps toward it, but then stopped when Ware dove for it. Then he threw his weight backward to stop his momentum and avoid Ware. The theory there is that he had been favoring his shoulder since earlier in the game and didn't want to take a direct hit on the ground.

When Ware didn't get it Newton went to the ground to get it, but was literally folding his legs under himself to get low because the ball was directly under him now. He might have gotten a finger on it but it was knocked well away.

Its not fair to day he gave up, but I think its fair to say he didn't give it his all.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

yeah, that shoulder was bothering him from an earlier hit. He favored it another time too. Denver knocked the spirit out of him, but I still think something was wring from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its not fair to day he gave up, but I think its fair to say he didn't give it his all.
    Given the game situation, isn't giving less than his all tantamount to giving up?

Given the game situation, isn't giving less than his all tantamount to giving up?
    No worse than punting on 4th down in the 4th quarter down two scores, I would say.

But it depends on his injury. How many more shots could it take before he could not stay in? He was their only offense and has to stay on the field. There has to be some sense of self preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No worse than punting on 4th down in the 4th quarter down two scores, I would say.

But it depends on his injury. How many more shots could it take before he could not stay in? He was their only offense and has to stay on the field. There has to be some sense of self preservation.

All true, but it still looks bad.

Some dude quoted on Charlotte paper:

"Someone said this about Cam recently: He is the world's best winner and the world's worst loser. Tonight showed that again."

seems legit.

There is a Twitter video of two angles I will grab and post tomorrow perhaps. Looking at it now, looks less like he was preserving his shoulder and more preserving his legs. Or, he thought Ware had successfully one-handed it. Regardless, it was not an all out play.

"Someone said this about Cam recently: He is the world's best winner and the world's worst loser. Tonight showed that again."

seems legit.
    I think that has been said about Paul O'Neill as well.

I just saw the video of Cam's press session......what a chump. Glad I wasn't off base in hoping this clown went down. He's gotta grow up.

Michael Irvin and Deon Sanders were VERY critical of Newton. Sanders emphasized that he was just named MVP, the face of the league, and said "You can't do that."

seems legit.
    Pretty much this. He's a very emotional player, but he lets the lows get to him instead of using it to fuel his play.

Same criticism that was aimed at him as a rookie. Weak leader and very prone to the lows.