Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 14 vs Cowboys

More Banjo: Week 14 vs Cowboys

Sweet revenge. For one of those losses in the 90s.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6m6 minutes ago
    #Packers rushing today:
    Lacy: 24-124, TD
    Starks: 11-71, 2 TD
    Rodgers: 3-27
    Cobb: 3-9
    Kuhn: 1-2
    Tolzien: 2-(-3)
    TOTAL: 44-230, 5.2-yard avg
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

How is Shields?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    How is Shields?
    No word that I know of. If it's a concussion, probably won't really know anything until mid-week.

Rodgers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3h3 hours ago
    Rodgers on play-calling: Not going to get into that. What's important is that we won the game tonight & we had a good 4th quarter.

Rodgers on Eddie Lacy: He's a big, strong, powerful runner. We have to run the ball in winter...Eddie ran the ball really well. #DALvsGB

Rodgers on Lacy & James Starks: We need that 1-2 punch. #DALvsGB

Rodgers: We're putting ourselves in position to get in the playoffs...We've just got to keep winning football games. #DALvsGB

Rodgers: It all starts with the run game. The offensive line played great & battled. Proud of those guys. #DALvsGB

McCarthy

McCarthy: Excellent team victory today. Very proud of our team. We beat a good football team in the Dallas Cowboys. #DALvsGB

McCarthy on offense: The balance I thought was critical to our success. #DALvsGB

McCarthy on play-calling: It's an adjustment in our process & this is the way we'll go forward. #DALvsGB

McCarthy: It always starts with the run. The guys up front did a phenomenal job. #DALvsGB

McCarthy: I always believe in Eddie...He needed to re-focus. He did that & you could see it when he stepped on the field. #DALvsGB

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCarthy

McCarthy: Excellent team victory today. Very proud of our team. We beat a good football team in the Dallas Cowboys. #DALvsGB

McCarthy on offense: The balance I thought was critical to our success. #DALvsGB

McCarthy on play-calling: It's an adjustment in our process & this is the way we'll go forward. #DALvsGB

McCarthy: It always starts with the run. The guys up front did a phenomenal job. #DALvsGB

McCarthy: I always believe in Eddie...He needed to re-focus. He did that & you could see it when he stepped on the field. #DALvsGB
    Well, that's just flat out false.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Yeah, I think it's just a coaching reflex. You wonder if it's more of the winning coach throwing the losing team a bone or just to say to keep things positive. Would he say that if they had just beaten the Browns?

To me, it's better to just focus comments on your team's effort.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post

No, it's not. The Cowboys are in the thick of a battle for the NFC East title!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Cowboys have everything but a quarterback.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The Cowboys have everything but a quarterback.
    yup. Romo out there yesterday and it's a whole different ball game. 50-50 Packers lose.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I have never understood all the Romo love. Over his career, he has found almost as many ways to lose important games as Jay Cutler has.

"I don't think it was the punt height," said Whitehead. "I wasn't getting the right time to make a move.

"I watched film, especially of the punter. I know he likes to shank the ball a lot, and I wanted to get a bead on him. I felt I did that, and Janis just had a good game."
    MASTHAY!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...361754961.html

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I have never understood all the Romo love. Over his career, he has found almost as many ways to lose important games as Jay Cutler has.
    Romo > Cassell

Don't need to go farther than that.

Well they are a playoff team with him and dog shit without him. The Bears are dog shit without Cuttler, but only mediocre with him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Whatever the case with Romo, it's clear the Cowpokes needed more from the QB yesterday.

Romo > Cassell

Don't need to go farther than that.
    So what? That doesn't mean the Packers would have lost if Romo had played, as several have suggested.

So what? That doesn't mean the Packers would have lost if Romo had played, as several have suggested.
    Would have been more competitive, don't you think?

Not saying its a guaranteed loss, but he is clearly better equipped to use Bryant and Witten. Jimmy Johnson said the Cowboys should test the Packer DBs deep, Cassel could never do it.

Would have been more competitive, don't you think?

Not saying its a guaranteed loss, but he is clearly better equipped to use Bryant and Witten. Jimmy Johnson said the Cowboys should test the Packer DBs deep, Cassel could never do it.

Agreed. Maybe Dez would've had seven or eight drops if Romo had played.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack