Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy Takes Back Playcalling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    He did, but two years later when he had an opening because O'Brien took the Penn State job.
    If MM were to rehire Philbin, somebody needs to go.
    There would be an opening if Clements can't stay (or see himself staying).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Hoody took McDaniels back after he failed as an HC.
    Ya, but Philbin never called plays in GB, did he?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Stubby

so, clements job today is to pretty much hold the challenge flag for Mcstubs

Last spring, buth Murphy and Thompson seemed doubtful that it was wise for McCarthy to give up play calling, but said it was his decision and they would support it. They also asked him to think about it for a couple days before enacting the change. I wonder if they put any pressure on him to take the job back?

we went from blow to suck when he gave up playcalling duties

when he feels that the new guy calling the plays is sucking just as bad as he was blowing, then maybe after m3 blows for the rest of the season as bad as clements was sucking, someone in the organization will figure out that maybe the guy who blows actually sucks

Well, they're moving the ball and scoring in the first half. Maybe the change is helping with consistency of somethingorother.

#smallsamplesizes
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Was this the first game this season without a stupid timeout because they couldn't get the play in fast enough? Looked much more "oiled" today.
    Love the commitment to the run.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Was this the first game this season without a stupid timeout because they couldn't get the play in fast enough? Looked much more "oiled" today.
    Nope. There was a stupid time out. Couldn't make them jump offside so had to burn one.

Pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Nope. There was a stupid time out. Couldn't make them jump offside so had to burn one.

Pay attention.
    That was on Rodgers though. They did seem to be doing a better job of getting the plays in on time.

dp

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post

Pay attention.
    He used two separate hard cadences there, seemed like it was the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I don't know if was the first game but that screwing around as the play clock ran drove me crazy this year. Only one time did we have to waste a TO yesterday.

Yup..

But still a stupid time out.

Baby steps

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't think that TO was a mistake at all. I think the plan was to draw D offsides and if they get 'em throw the bomb. There was single coverage on the outside. After the TO, I believe they changed personnel. I'll check.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't think that TO was a mistake at all. I think the plan was to draw D offsides and if they get 'em throw the bomb. There was single coverage on the outside. After the TO, I believe they changed personnel. I'll check.
    They did. It was Starks. Then it was Lacy after TO.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Evidently McCarthy made this change last Monday. I don't recall hearing anything about it until this morning! This was one well kept secret for sure.

Anyone think we saw different plays or even sequences of plays?

This looked like execution to me. Especially O line this week. Decent protection against a talented front four (and some blitzing for some reason) and a run game.

Also saw some of same problems versus man coverage. Not sure team is out of woods yet. Monty will help more.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Anyone think we saw different plays or even sequences of plays?

This looked like execution to me. Especially O line this week. Decent protection against a talented front four (and some blitzing for some reason) and a run game.

Also saw some of same problems versus man coverage. Not sure team is out of woods yet. Monty will help more.

This was my perception. I don't know enough or at least don't track the playcalling closely enough to know if the playcalls were really very much different than what they'd been doing. But what I did see were holes, big holes, to run through.

For all the joy in Whoville, too, that offense from the end of the second quarter through the third - five punts in a row - looked like the same offense we've been watching for much of the season. So where was Stubby's playcalling magic during that stretch??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack