Thread: Stupidly Early Mock Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Packers will pass on Ragland, I'm almost certain of it. He can't cover at the pro level. He's a 2-down linebacker. He's good at what he does, but I have to think we'll pass on him if we have any confidence in Barrington being capable as a 2-down player, whatsoever.

If we're going ILB in round 1, I think we have to look for trade partners and try to get Jaylon Smith. Otherwise, we can try to trade back from our rd 1 pick or trade up from our rd 2 pick and take an ILB or TE.

Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo is like a young James Jones or Anquan Boldin. I could see him being a steal in the 4th or 5th round. Great body control. Doesn't drop passes. Tall and big enough (but not a giant). His knock is his top-end speed.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Packers will pass on Ragland, I'm almost certain of it. He can't cover at the pro level. He's a 2-down linebacker. He's good at what he does, but I have to think we'll pass on him if we have any confidence in Barrington being capable as a 2-down player, whatsoever.
    I'm leaning this way, as well. I'll have to evaluate him more, but I don't think the Packers will take a two down ILB in round 1.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    If we're going ILB in round 1, I think we have to look for trade partners and try to get Jaylon Smith. Otherwise, we can try to trade back from our rd 1 pick or trade up from our rd 2 pick and take an ILB or TE.
    Before their bowl game, I would have been all for this. Now, I will be disappointed if that is how the Packers use their 1st round pick. Unfortunately, I doubt he will play this year. His "camp" keeps proclaiming that he sustained no nerve damage, as feared initially. That means he must have sustained nerve damage.