Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupidly Early Mock Draft

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think Jihad has taken on a different or more limited meaning than it had 20 years ago.
    When I was young, some boys were named Gay. Not so much anymore.

In December, a company that has been around at least a few decades changed its name and as a result, its stock symbol. For decades it was....."ISIS". They found it had become a detriment.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Gay Brewer

Gay Brewer

Gay Brewer
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think Jihad has taken on a different or more limited meaning than it had 20 years ago.
    When I was young, some boys were named Gay. Not so much anymore.

In December, a company that has been around at least a few decades changed its name and as a result, its stock symbol. For decades it was....."ISIS". They found it had become a detriment.
    I hope they sued the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. That's a serious offense.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Appointment television.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know some here disclaim B/R yet for what it may be worth to others:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-top-prospects

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Full Order and 1st-Round Predictions for Top Prospects

By: Ryan McCrystal , Featured Columnist ... Jan 22, 2016

21 Washington Redskins Jarran Reed DL Alabama

22 Houston Texans Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

23 Minnesota Vikings Darron Lee LB Ohio State

24 Cincinnati Bengals Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame

25 Pittsburgh Steelers Eli Apple CB Ohio State

26 Seattle Seahawks Jack Conklin OT Michigan State

27 Green Bay Packers Joshua Perry LB Ohio State

28 Kansas City Chiefs Noah Spence LB Eastern Kentucky

29 Denver Broncos Robert Nkemdiche DL Ole Miss

30 Arizona Cardinals Kyler Fackrell LB Utah State

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Here is my crack

27: R1P27
    ILB REGGIE RAGLAND - ALABAMA

57: R2P26
    DT JARRAN REED - ALABAMA

88: R3P25
    TE NICK VANNETT- -OHIO STATE

122: R4P27
    RB AARON GREEN- -TCU

151: R5P24
    OT JOE HAEG- -NORTH DAKOTA STATE

182: R6P25
    OLB JOE SCHOBERT - WISCONSIN

216: R7P27
    S JORDAN LOMAX - IOWA

Rob Rang's post-SB mock has us passing on Jaylon Smith at 26. Yeah nope.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    To be honest if Jaylon Smith can play within the first 8 games 2016 Thompson might select him. If he is going to miss most of the year I don't think Thompson will put himself in the position to take an injured player with the first round pick. Because if this team regresses from 2015 his ass will be fired for taking Smith.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...ry_793846.html

This prospect looks fine. He certainly looks the part of meeting the prerequisite of 'Packer People' we're all to familiar with here:

**a force as a linebacker for the Buckeyes and as a conscientious and proactive team leader ...

**Joshua Perry/s a true senior, and a vet of 39 games and 24 starts.

**He's was a candidate for the Lott IMPACT Award, which honors athletic ability but also character attributes such as integrity, maturity, performance, academics, community and tenacity ... see below as well.

** He had an outstanding JUNIOR SEASON (2014) and led the College Football Playoff national champions in tackles with 124, a total that ranked second in the Big Ten.

** Joshua Perry is No. 1 on the team in career tackles (193) and solo tackles (114) and is within reach of a possible Top 10 standing -- all-time -- in career tackles at Ohio State with another productive year or last season (2015).

See how well he made out in 2015 ....LINK Below:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...1/joshua-perry

** Through his Junior Year.....He's considered consistent (dependable), with at least five tackles in 20 consecutive games and in 23 games total ... he has also produced games of 10-or-more tackles four times.

** He has credits as a high achieving scholastic student....he was an OSU Scholar-Athlete following the 2012-13 academic year ...plus...he went to Costa Rica as part of the "Soles 4 Souls" program and spent a week distributing shoes to those in need...thus he has some humanitarian credentials.

he was an OSU Scholar-Athlete following the 2012-13 academic year.

GO PACK GO ! GO TT GO !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    To be honest if Jaylon Smith can play within the first 8 games 2016 Thompson might select him. If he is going to miss most of the year I don't think Thompson will put himself in the position to take an injured player with the first round pick. Because if this team regresses from 2015 his ass will be fired for taking Smith.
    When you put it like that is sounds exactly like Thompson.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

1. Jack Conklin - OT - Michigan St.
    2. Austin Hooper - TE - Stanford
    3. Deion Jones - LB - LSU
    4a. C.J. Prosise - RB - Notre Dame
    4b. Joe Haeg - OT - North Dakota St.
    4c. Javon Hargrave - DT - So. Carolina St.
    5. De'Vondre Campbell - OLB - Minnesota
    6. Jordan Lucas - SS - Penn State
    7. Brandon Allen - QB - Arkansas
    Last edited by Joemailman; 02-09-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    1. Jack Conklin - TE - Michigan St.
    2. Austin Hooper - TE - Stanford
    3. Deion Jones - LB - LSU
    4a. C.J. Prosise - RB - Notre Dame
    4b. Joe Haeg - OT - North Dakota St.
    4c. Javon Hargrave - DT - So. Carolina St.
    5. De'Vondre Campbell - OLB - Minnesota
    6. Jordan Lucas - SS - Penn State
    7. Brandon Allen - QB - Arkansas
    And we thought DickRod was a slow TE. Conklin is going to be very slow.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When you put it like that is sounds exactly like Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And we thought DickRod was a slow TE. Conklin is going to be very slow.
    Fixed. Although with Conklin we'd at least have a TE who can block.

Junior Rat Rookie
    No way they take 1st round pick on OT from Michigan St. The last time the Pack did that was 1989 and look how that turned out.

DL seems to be the consensus of all the mocks I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    DL seems to be the consensus of all the mocks I've seen.
    That's because Raji and Guion are free agents. And the people doing the mocks don't really know about Mike Pennel. And they probably don't know free agency hits the Packers offensive line in next year. If there's an OT available at #27 that TT has a 1st round grade on, I think he'll take him

DL is the consensus because there is a plethora of great DL talent. Good chance the BPA by a wide margin is a DL.

If Ragland for some reason drops the Packers will take him, otherwise it will be DL or an OLB. I would see the Packers only going offense if one of the top tier OTs drops to them. The Packers have all their starters coming back and although it is a need especially at right tackle I don't see the Packers drafting OL out of the gate. It is more of an issue with depth, same at WR.

The only real hole this team has is at inside linebacker, and even that is ok if you consider Matthews and ILB.

Also Peppers says he wants to play in 2016 and the report also states that the Packers are willing to pay his 8 million, which seems ridiculous. I see Peppers as a down linemen in our nickel package. I see him getting 30 snaps a game doing nothing but pass rushing.

With Guion being signed, the Packers could be in a position to let Raji go. It is better than having both of them leave free agency but there will be a roster spot available.

This is a draft that the Packers should look to move up in the first round if they can secure Ragland. He had a really good Senior Bowl and can make an immediate impact to the Packers defense. Ragland and Ryan in the middle with Matthews moving back outside. I know a lot of you are not sold on Ryan, but I feel like he had a decent rookie year, had a quality game in the playoffs against the Cardinals and can be a steady player for the Packers.

If Ragland is not available I think the Packers might be in a good position to trade out of the first round. I like the depth of second round talent and third round talent where the Packers can draft quality depth players that could play significant snaps if needed. I am talking about offensive line, wide receiver, outside linebacker, defensive line, running back, and in the secondary. All units can and should be improved going into next year. They could make a good trade for their #1 for a second, and third, depending who they trade with.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    If Ragland for some reason drops the Packers will take him, otherwise it will be DL or an OLB. I would see the Packers only going offense if one of the top tier OTs drops to them. The Packers have all their starters coming back and although it is a need especially at right tackle I don't see the Packers drafting OL out of the gate. It is more of an issue with depth, same at WR.

The only real hole this team has is at inside linebacker, and even that is ok if you consider Matthews and ILB.

Also Peppers says he wants to play in 2016 and the report also states that the Packers are willing to pay his 8 million, which seems ridiculous. I see Peppers as a down linemen in our nickel package. I see him getting 30 snaps a game doing nothing but pass rushing.

With Guion being signed, the Packers could be in a position to let Raji go. It is better than having both of them leave free agency but there will be a roster spot available.

This is a draft that the Packers should look to move up in the first round if they can secure Ragland. He had a really good Senior Bowl and can make an immediate impact to the Packers defense. Ragland and Ryan in the middle with Matthews moving back outside. I know a lot of you are not sold on Ryan, but I feel like he had a decent rookie year, had a quality game in the playoffs against the Cardinals and can be a steady player for the Packers.

If Ragland is not available I think the Packers might be in a good position to trade out of the first round. I like the depth of second round talent and third round talent where the Packers can draft quality depth players that could play significant snaps if needed. I am talking about offensive line, wide receiver, outside linebacker, defensive line, running back, and in the secondary. All units can and should be improved going into next year. They could make a good trade for their #1 for a second, and third, depending who they trade with.
    I think it could be an interesting year. I agree, it is easy to see the Packers trading up in the first, or out of the first for a high second round pick and an additional mid-round pick. Either way could work. If they are awarded two compensatory 4ths, they will go into the draft with six picks in the first four rounds. They don't need bodies, so trading some of those picks to move up in the first, or to pick up an additional second round pick could work well.

If they have three 4ths going into the draft, it's too bad it isn't 2017. Starting next year, compensatory picks will be tradeable. Of course, they could be looking at some good compensatory picks next year, too. I expect Hayward and at least one of Raji, Neal and Perry to leave, if not all three.