Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupidly Early Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Does anyone like his Mock for the Packers?
    Pretty much hate that draft from top to bottom woody, lol...

I like Murray, but I'd pass on everybody else in that draft for other players.
    wist

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    27: R1P27
    ILB REGGIE RAGLAND ALABAMA

57: R2P26
    TE HUNTER HENRY ARKANSAS

88: R3P25
    DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON OHIO STATE

125: R4P27
    DT MALIEK COLLINS NEBRASKA

131: R4P33
    RB AARON GREEN TCU

137: R4P39
    DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

163: R5P24
    OT JOE HAEG NORTH DAKOTA STATE

200: R6P25
    QB JAKE COKER ALABAMA

248: R7P27
    OT AVERY YOUNG AUBURN
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    ThunderDan, which Board in Fanspeak did you use to get these results?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    ThunderDan, which Board in Fanspeak did you use to get these results?
    I used the Fanspeak board.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I used the Fanspeak board.
    I've been playing with Fanspeak for a while and the challenge is using a Board that reflects some realism. A couple of them are just plain bizarre. I like the CBS and NFL ones. Fanspeak ain't bad either.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    ILB REGGIE RAGLAND ALABAMA

TE HUNTER HENRY ARKANSAS

DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON OHIO STATE

DT MALIEK COLLINS NEBRASKA

RB AARON GREEN TCU

DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

OT JOE HAEG NORTH DAKOTA STATE

QB JAKE COKER ALABAMA

OT AVERY YOUNG AUBURN
    I am a self-professed draft dummy. But I would love this draft.

BPA Draft, FANSPEAK Big Board... (I literally picked the top player listed and let the Board choose the Best Player Available for me at any position)

OT JACK CONKLIN
    MICHIGAN STATE

DT VERNON BUTLER
    LOUISIANA TECH

TE AUSTIN HOOPER
    STANFORD

WR KENNY LAWLER
    CALIFORNIA

DT JAVON HARGRAVE
    SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

CB BRIEAN BODDY-CALHOUN
    MINNESOTA

WR MALCOLM MITCHELL
    GEORGIA

DT NILE LAWRENCE-STAMPLE
    FLORIDA STATE

QB BRANDON ALLEN
    ARKANSAS

BPA Draft, NFL Big Board...

ILB REGGIE RAGLAND 6.4
    ALABAMA

RB DERRICK HENRY 6.1
    ALABAMA

DT KENNY CLARK 5.9
    UCLA

G DARRELL GREEN 5.5
    SAN DIEGO ST.

DT ADAM GOTSIS 5.5
    GEORGIA TECH

K ROBERTO AGUAYO 5.5
    FLORIDA ST.

QB CODY KESSLER 5.4
    USC

CB BRANDON WILLIAMS 5.3
    TEXAS A&M

WR ROGER LEWIS 5.1
    BOWLING GREEN

BPA Draft, DRAFTTEK Big Board...

QB PAXTON LYNCH
    MEMPHIS

TE HUNTER HENRY
    ARKANSAS

DT CHRIS JONES
    MISSISSIPPI ST

RB PAUL PERKINS
    UCLA

WRF WILHELM BOEHRINGER
    GERMANY

ILB TYLER MATAKEVICH
    TEMPLE

DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
    TEXAS

TE DAVID MORGAN II
    UTSA

OLB STEPHEN WEATHERLY
    VANDERBILT

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I was listening to Sirius XM NFL Radio's "Moving the Chains" on my commute home today and they did their last fan mock draft where they had a prominent caller from each team's fan base (some of these guys are like minor celebs from all the times they call in). The guy who picked for the Packers chose Reggie Ragland at #27. The very next pick by Kansas City's fan rep was A'Shawn Robinson.

Here is a link to their entire fan draft: https://www.facebook.com/siriusxmnfl...type=3&theater

In the real draft, if Ragland and Billings are gone by #27, I wouldn't be opposed to getting Robinson if he's there.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

27: DT JARRAN REED - ALABAMA
    57: OLB DEION JONES - LSU
    88: TE NICK VANNETT - OHIO STATE
    125: R4P27 RB C.J. PROSISE - NOTRE DAME
    131: CB ERIC MURRAY - MINNESOTA
    137: DT D.J. READER - CLEMSON
    163: G SPENCER DRANGO - BAYLOR
    200: DE D.J. PETTWAY - ALABAMA
    248: OT PEARCE SLATER - SAN DIEGO STATE

27: OT TAYLOR DECKER - OHIO STATE
    57: OLB DEION JONES - LSU
    88: TE NICK VANNETT - OHIO STATE
    125: DT D.J. READER - CLEMSON
    131: OT JOE HAEG - NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    137: RB C.J. PROSISE - NOTRE DAME
    163: CB ERIC MURRAY - MINNESOTA
    200: OT AVERY YOUNG - AUBURN
    248: TE TANNER MCEVOY - WISCONSIN

I have seen several projections of CJ Prosise going to the Packers. He is an interesting player, for several reasons:

- good size at 6'1", 220 or so
    - was recruited as a safety and did play there a couple years
    - asked to work also at WR and ended up leading the team in yards per catch at 17+ on 26 receptions 2 years ago
    - then was asked to work also at RB because of need this year, and quickly moved up the depth chart
    - Special Teams Player of the Year for work on coverage teams, he didn't return kicks.

The kid is just a football player, willing to do whatever he is asked to do. Tackles well, good route runner, good hands, willing to run inside. Decent speed. Just plays football and his results are always good. Obviously raw at RB, but has shown a willingness to learn.

Could be an interesting pick.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    C.J. Precise needs a spell checker. Or a prufereeder.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    C.J. Precise needs a spell checker. Or a prufereeder.
    Ya, but I'm not a media outlet in the business of publishing written text!!

Round Position Pick
    1 (27) DT Andrew Billings
    2 (57) OT Le'Raven Clark
    3 (88) DL Sheldon Day
    4 (125) ILB Joe Schobert
    4* (131) CB DJ White
    4* (137) TE Tyler Higbee
    5 (163) FB Glenn Gronkowski
    6 (200) WR Ricardo Louis
    7 (248) OLB Victor Ochi
    Last edited by Farley Face; 04-24-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farley Face View Post
    Round Position Pick

3 (88) DL Sheldon Day
    I wouldn't mind this, if it wasn't for the fact that Daniels is on board for the long term, and they seem to think a lot of Christian Ringo, too. Day will be another from the same mold, undersized high effort guys. If he should fall to them later in the draft I wouldn't mind, but I think there will be better uses for their third round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I wouldn't mind this, if it wasn't for the fact that Daniels is on board for the long term, and they seem to think a lot of Christian Ringo, too. Day will be another from the same mold, undersized high effort guys. If he should fall to them later in the draft I wouldn't mind, but I think there will be better uses for their third round pick.
    Jordan Howard? I've been trying to find a RB to fit in the third. My assumption is Prosise is gone by then and the UCLA kid is too small to inherit lead back duties if/when we let Lacy walk after this year for a comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Farley Face View Post
    Jordan Howard? I've been trying to find a RB to fit in the third. My assumption is Prosise is gone by then and the UCLA kid is too small to inherit lead back duties if/when we let Lacy walk after this year for a comp pick.
    To be honest, as far as who might be available in the third round, I haven't the slightest clue. I don't look into the players that much too have an opinion about who will go where in the draft.

I don't think Lacy is going anywhere, unless his performance is miserable this year. The clouds that hung over him as a draft prospect haven't cleared, even if they have changed a bit. I don't think there will be an outrageous offer out there for him, such that the Packers will let him walk. In fact, I think he comes back as good as ever, and he gets extended this season, both as compensation for being a bargain under his rookie contract and as a reward and incentive for refocusing his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    To be honest, as far as who might be available in the third round, I haven't the slightest clue. I don't look into the players that much too have an opinion about who will go where in the draft.

I don't think Lacy is going anywhere, unless his performance is miserable this year. The clouds that hung over him as a draft prospect haven't cleared, even if they have changed a bit. I don't think there will be an outrageous offer out there for him, such that the Packers will let him walk. In fact, I think he comes back as good as ever, and he gets extended this season, both as compensation for being a bargain under his rookie contract and as a reward and incentive for refocusing his career.
    \

I agree, Pat. In a walk year, with everything on the line, perhaps even seeing his former AL teammate TRich flame out (OK, he's got one last chance with the Ravens), I think Lacy will be a man on a mission. Starks is a good compliment, and hopefully can find some stickum and hang onto the ball better. I really like John Crockett. He came out of a good FCS school that ran the ball effectively. He showed some promise last year. Does that mean they don't need another back? No. Does it mean they can wait until late in the draft or priority free agency? Perhaps.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    \

I agree, Pat. In a walk year, with everything on the line, perhaps even seeing his former AL teammate TRich flame out (OK, he's got one last chance with the Ravens), I think Lacy will be a man on a mission. Starks is a good compliment, and hopefully can find some stickum and hang onto the ball better. I really like John Crockett. He came out of a good FCS school that ran the ball effectively. He showed some promise last year. Does that mean they don't need another back? No. Does it mean they can wait until late in the draft or priority free agency? Perhaps.
    +1

You can kind of tell what TT is thinking when he signed guys like Crockett and Ross Scheuerman. He's looking for a change-of-pace guy who is quick, can run routes and catch the ball with good hands. Crockett may be the guy, but it doesn't hurt to draft a guy late to push him with competition.

SB Nation has a cool consolidation of many mock drafts, complete with pie charts showing by percentage which players are predicted to go to each team in the first round. The article said that they will update all the way up to the draft. Looks like most expect Green Bay to choose a DL.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...encies-experts

Interesting, today I saw Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock draft and it has the Packers selecting Javon Hargrave. Hadn't ever seen that one before.