Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupidly Early Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Because this is the kind of dumb shit I do when I can't sleep...

R1 Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
    R2 Adolphus Washington, DE, Ohio State
    R3 Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford
    R4 Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
    R5 Bronson Kaufusi, OLB, Brigham Young
    R6 Bryce Williams, TE, East Carolina
    R7 Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas

Drafting three Williamseses, because, why not?

Actually, two of those guys might be well unavailable in the spots I put them. (WR) Mike Williams might have been the #1 receiver taken but he fractured a vertebra in his neck and missed the season. If he checks out medically, he'll be gone by the 4th round. If he doesn't, we won't pick him. (RB) Jonathan Williams had a foot injury and missed time. If he is healthy, he'll get taken before the 7th.
    An early Mock Draft speaks mountains to this Packerrat:

Thanks smuggler....I know how much effort it takes to get a decent Mock completed.

You pretty much covered our needs. I'm thinking another DB (BPA ....CB or safety) should be added to the mix.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

R1 ILB Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame
    R2 NT Jarran Reed, Alabama
    R3 WR Will Fuller, Notre Dame
    R4 TE Nick Vannett, Ohio State
    R4 DE Adam Gotsis, Virginia Tech
    R4 G Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas
    R5 FS DeAndre Houston-Carson, William & Mary
    R6 OLB Joe Schobert, Wisconsin
    R7 WR Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa

Probably the least TT-like of any mock I've done. A Wisconsin player and a bunch of big-school picks. Jaylon Smith has an outside chance of falling to us because of his knee injury earlier in the month. He would be great in our defense. Jarran Reed (some people have him as a 1st rounder) would be a good contingency for Raji's ultimate departure. Speaking of Raji, comp pick Sebastian Tretola has a similar expression in some of the pictures I saw of him. Kind of funny, really.

I really like TE Nick Vannett. I think he was wasted as a receiver with Ohio State because of all their talent. I'm really hoping we can get him, I think he has a good chance to be an all-around good tight-end in the style of Jason Witten, if not as awesome.

I wanted to find a RB in there somewhere. I guess we could go with C.J. Prosise instead of Gotsis, but then we've got 3 players from Notre Dame in one draft. Oh well.
    Last edited by smuggler; 01-25-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I personally think Joe Schobert will go much higher than round 6. Call me a homer, but here is the thing. The guy will test off the charts at the combine.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    R1 ILB Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame
    R2 NT Jarran Reed, Alabama
    R3 WR Will Fuller, Notre Dame
    R4 TE Nick Vannett, Ohio State
    R4 DE Adam Gotsis, Virginia Tech
    R4 G Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas
    R5 FS DeAndre Houston-Carson, William & Mary
    R6 OLB Joe Schobert, Wisconsin
    R7 WR Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa

Probably the least TT-like of any mock I've done. A Wisconsin player and a bunch of big-school picks. Jaylon Smith has an outside chance of falling to us because of his knee injury earlier in the month. He would be great in our defense. Jarran Reed (some people have him as a 1st rounder) would be a good contingency for Raji's ultimate departure. Speaking of Raji, comp pick Sebastian Tretola has a similar expression in some of the pictures I saw of him. Kind of funny, really.

I really like TE Nick Vannett. I think he was wasted as a receiver with Ohio State because of all their talent. I'm really hoping we can get him, I think he has a good chance to be an all-around good tight-end in the style of Jason Witten, if not as awesome.

I wanted to find a RB in there somewhere. I guess we could go with C.J. Prosise instead of Gotsis, but then we've got 3 players from Notre Dame in one draft. Oh well.
    I read Jaylon Smith will be out of commission and in rehab his entire rookie year. That won't fly in GB IMO.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Smith had the bad news type of knee injury, he tore more than just his ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Smith had the bad news type of knee injury, he tore more than just his ACL.
    Yes, it was ACL and the LCL as well. The LCL will heal on its own without surgery, typically, unless it's completely torn. There was supposedly no meniscus damage, which is a good sign. There was fear of nerve damage in his knee, but those fears (according to what I have read) seem unfounded.

It's possible he would be on PUP and could only participate after the first 6 weeks. It's also possible he misses the whole season. At a certain point, teams are going to ask themselves whether missing 6, 10, or 16 games from a guy is worth "trading up" to get a top-10 linebacker. Since it's quite possible he would not even produce in 2016, contending teams might not be inclined to invest in him. That could mean, if he gets beyond pick 18-22 range, it would take a rebuilding team trading up back into the first round for him to get snagged in the first round. I think it's a savvy long-term investment, if his knee checks out.

I personally think Joe Schobert will go much higher than round 6. Call me a homer, but here is the thing. The guy will test off the charts at the combine.
    I have seen him listed as a 3th rounder in places. In others he's a 6 or 7. It's quite possible his stock will improve with him combine. He's a little undersized for a 3-4 OLB (which is the position he best projects to, according to my reading), but with the NFL focusing more and more on specialization (and pass rush), he could maybe sneak into the 2nd round, if a team falls in love. Only one team has to value him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder to ruin my mock placement, which is more than possible.

I really like my original mock draft. I want to do another one, but whats the point?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think it is difficult to find a player that can play every down as an undersized ILB. I like the idea but to find a player like Thomas Davis for the Panthers is like finding a needle in a haystack. Davis was an all-american SS for Georgia and was drafted by the Panthers and ended playing OLB.
    Ryan Shazier fits the mold. But yes, a very rare player.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I really like my original mock draft. I want to do another one, but whats the point?
    Why mess with perfection??

Yeah, I agree. Not sure about the measurements but him and Hayden both look like good NFL players to me.

I like the SS from USC to play a Rover type role. He is a thick safety that can tackle. Though he didn't stand out to me against UW. I would love a shot to trade up for Jack or Smith at ILB, but that isn't going to happen. They are going to get picked top 10 in my opinion.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    from: FANSPEAK'S On the Clock Simulator...http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=zbxtgl

The simulator isn't set up for compensatory picks yet, but my stupidly early mock draft is:

27: R1P27
    OT JACK CONKLIN
    MICHIGAN STATE

57: R2P26
    G SPENCER DRANGO
    BAYLOR

88: R3P25
    OT BRANDON SHELL
    SOUTH CAROLINA

122: R4P27
    OT JOE DAHL
    WASHINGTON STATE

151: R5P24
    OT AVERY YOUNG
    AUBURN

182: R6P25
    G PARKER EHINGER
    CINCINNATI

216: R7P27
    OT WILLIE BEAVERS
    WESTERN MICHIGAN
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Willie Beavers is a magical name.

Well that's enough linemen for two offenses.

Well that's enough linemen for two offenses.
    Lacking centers.

I don't want a very young tackle from Auburn, I want a veteran.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Joe Schobert is apparently a 3-4 ILB according to several anonymous scouts who got his numbers from the Shrine Circus. (6' 1 1/2", 247 and short arms)

Bretsky will be along tomorrow to start the draft Joe the Show thread.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't want a very young tackle from Auburn, I want a veteran.
    Don Barclay is a veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Don Barclay is a veteran.
    Avery Young = a very young

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Avery Young = a very young
    Don Barclay is still a veteran.