Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupidly Early Mock Draft

No, that was Dane Brugler of NFLScout.com...

He has Rankins at #8... was hoping he'd drop to us at 27, but the cat is out of the bag on him. Other guys I liked that were lower ranked a few weeks ago, are shooting up the board... have to reevaluate what we can get at 27 I guess.
    wist

2016 Mock Draft Muncher

Mocks We Munched for the Green Bay Packers.

Comment woodbuck27:

The popular choices:

Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama 8

Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech 4

Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas 4

Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama 4

Just looking at the results overall of those top 27 Mocks. It shows that there's a 2 out of 3 chance we'll end up with a pick for the DL in the 1st Round.

Now TT may decide to forgo his option in the 1st Round. After all he's got to be 'the Bean Counter' now with all that cash out the door to Aaron Rodgers and CM III.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    2016 Mock Draft Muncher

Mocks We Munched for the Green Bay Packers.

Comment woodbuck27:

The popular choices:

Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama 8

Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech 4

Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas 4

Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama 4

Just looking at the results overall of those top 27 Mocks. It shows that there's a 2 out of 3 chance we'll end up with a pick for the DL in the 1st Round.

Now TT may decide to forgo his option in the 1st Round. After all he's got to be 'the Bean Counter' now with all that cash out the door to Aaron Rodgers and CM III.
    The only guy I like out of that group Woody, is Ragland.

I definitely don't want either Butler, Reed, or Henry with the first 2 picks, and Ragland will likely be gone by 27.

Rankins is surely out of reach. Other guys I like, that may or may not be there are:

Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor (Dom could abandon the middle of the field of everyone except Billings - and I'd think we were okay up the middle Billings is a fire hydrant)

Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

William Jackson III, CB, Houston
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The only guy I like out of that group Woody, is Ragland.

I definitely don't want either Butler, Reed, or Henry with the first 2 picks, and Ragland will likely be gone by 27.

Rankins is surely out of reach. Other guys I like, that may or may not be there are:

Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor (Dom could abandon the middle of the field of everyone except Billings - and I'd think we were okay up the middle Billings is a fire hydrant)

Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

William Jackson III, CB, Houston
    Noted for a follow-up.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
    ALABAMA

TE HUNTER HENRY
    ARKANSAS

WR PHAROH COOPER
    SOUTH CAROLINA

RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
    ARKANSAS

DT WILLIE HENRY
    MICHIGAN

G DENVER KIRKLAND
    ARKANSAS

OLB VICTOR OCHI
    STONY BROOK

OLB YANNICK NGAKOUE
    MARYLAND

ILB NICK KWIATKOSKI
    WEST VIRGINIA

Latest draft.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

27: R1P27
    OT TAYLOR DECKER
    OHIO STATE

57: R2P26
    OLB JOSHUA PERRY
    OHIO STATE

88: R3P25
    WR TYLER BOYD
    PITTSBURGH

126: R4P27
    WR LEONTE CARROO
    RUTGERS

132: R4P33
    RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
    ARKANSAS

138: R4P39
    TE TYLER HIGBEE
    WESTERN KENTUCKY

164: R5P24
    CB RASHARD ROBINSON
    LSU

201: R6P25
    OT NICK RICHTER
    RICHMOND

249: R7P27
    G JORDAN WALSH
    IOWA

Actually, here's a pretty good comedy option draft:

27: R1P27
    RB EZEKIEL ELLIOTT
    OHIO STATE

57: R2P26
    WR JOSH DOCTSON
    TCU

88: R3P25
    TE AUSTIN HOOPER
    STANFORD

126: R4P27
    WR LEONTE CARROO
    RUTGERS

132: R4P33
    TE TYLER HIGBEE
    WESTERN KENTUCKY

138: R4P39
    RB C.J. PROSISE
    NOTRE DAME

164: R5P24
    C EVAN BOEHM
    MISSOURI

201: R6P25
    G ISAAC SEUMALO
    OREGON STATE

249: R7P27
    OT CLAY DEBORD
    EASTERN WASHINGTON
    Last edited by smuggler; 03-15-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    CBS has Ragland dropping to the Packers, as some of the defensive tackles have moved up the draft boards.

That would be great! I suspect we will still need to draft a DT high. I am torn. In some ways I'd rather stand pat and play the odds of having more picks to find a good player or two, but on the other hand we aren't keeping 9 new people on the roster next year from the draft.

I tend to think the Packers will be looking at a DL in round 1 because some team will snatch Ragland before he gets to them. It doesn't seem like TT values MLB that highly, but I could be wrong.

I think if Ragland is there that TT should draft him. He is a first round talent and that is what Thompson would be most concerned about. He won't fill a need position if he feels he is reaching.

The Packers now face a need with Raji retiring, and suspension. but I don't think they need to go first round as they can get talent at the DL in the second and third rounds if Ragland is not there when they pick at 27. In fact if Ragland would be gone I would even suggest that the Packers move out of the first round and gain second round and a possible 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    CBS has Ragland dropping to the Packers, as some of the defensive tackles have moved up the draft boards.
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...016&genpos=ILB

I believe Packer Nation would be delighted with that pick by TT if 'in fact' Reggie Ragland is available. He is such a good fit for a Packer priority need at ILB. That allows a clear option and the use of CM III.

This man is our new TE.

Don't think Ragland will drop the 27... doubt Billings will be there either.

If we miss out on Ragland, I'd take Deion Jones... later on. Not sure where his value is now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-lsus-pro-day
    wist

I've soured on Ragland a bit. He's an old school ILB with very average measurables. Personally, I'd like to add speed and coverage to the position, and I'd be all for taking a guy like Deion Jones in the 2nd or 3rd round. Joshua Perry might be able to give you something similar to Ragland, but a round or two later. I like Billings and Jackson. Vernon Butler is more of a 1 technique than a 0 technique. D.J. Reader is a big NT that I like later in the middle rounds.

Hunter Henry moved back into first round consideration with a good Pro Day.

Henry put up a strong workout. He completed 21 reps at 225 pounds in the bench press, which was more than all but two tight ends who bench pressed at the combine. Henry also showed off his speed with a 4.68 40-yard dash that would have been the second-best time at the combine. He also showed off his athleticism in the broad jump.
    Pro Day numbers can be misleading (some, not all), but even if this is a little padded, it's what he needed to get back into first round conversation. I still like Nick Vannett in round 3 or 4. He plays faster than he timed.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

The call on Ragland will be whether or not you think he can be an every-down backer. I think he can, but he'd have to be protected against getting caught in mismatches; most of his coverage responsibilities should be zone based regardless.

Other than Deion Jones, another guy I like further down is Jatavis Brown. He's listed as an OLB, but I'd move him inside. He's 5'11", 221 lbs, and ran a 4.52 40. Really like what I've seen of him on tape.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The call on Ragland will be whether or not you think he can be an every-down backer. I think he can, but he'd have to be protected against getting caught in mismatches; most of his coverage responsibilities should be zone based regardless.

Other than Deion Jones, another guy I like further down is Jatavis Brown. He's listed as an OLB, but I'd move him inside. He's 5'11", 221 lbs, and ran a 4.52 40. Really like what I've seen of him on tape.
    He played well at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. I was a bit surprised he didn't get a combine invite.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Speed is a great thing to have, but in Capers 3-4 you have to have inside linebackers that can scrape off blocks and fill gaps, not players that run around blocks or shoot gaps to avoid blocks. Ragland fits the bill in that regard. He is an excellent blitzer and an aggressive player. If he drops he is a no brainer for the Packers.

^ They must have 1 ILB that can take on a block an defeat it. With exceptions, the D has a one man numerical advantage inside, more so when they double the nose.

The problem is when that player doesn't get to the ball, there is an abandoned gap. If the other ILB gets blocked, its wide enough that Travis Jervey could find it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A player I would welcome in round 1 is Leonard Floyd. I bet he is a perennial pro bowler in short order. Looks super athletic on youtube.

If Joshua Perry is still there in the 2nd, it would be good fortune. I don't see a scenario where he falls to us in the 3rd.

Haven't liked what I've seen of Perry... he is 6'4", is a long-strider, and has a high-cut build. I think that limits him athletically. Despite being 6'4", he can't play outside, or with a hand in the dirt. You would think his height would translate to length, and therefore pass rush potential, but it doesn't in his case.

He can't play outside, and I don't think he can thrive inside on the NFL level.
    wist