Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worthy traded

Worthy traded

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
    So to repeat, per @ChafieFields, who is #Packers DE Jerel Worthy's agent, @I_AM_Worthy99 has been traded to #Patriots, pending physical.

Of those eight picks in the 2012 draft, only Nick Perry, Casey Hayward and Mike Daniels now remain.
    Last edited by denverYooper; 08-12-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

What'd we get. A bag of peanuts in return?

What a waste

This is probably a good move, regardless of what they got in return (probably not much). With the emergence of Daniels, and drafting Boyd and Thornton the last 2 years, I'm not sure Worthy really had a role here.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I can't begin to fathom why they are investing in defensive linemen when they don't play them much anyway... there really is a complete disconnect between TT and the coaching staff.

If we play nickel 80% of the time, and we only have 2 DL on the field that entire time, why the fuck does TT keep drafting all these linemen - while we wallow along with 2 of lousiest ILB's in the league??

The Packers, as an organization, suck to high heaven at evaluating defensive talent. They should outsource drafting on that side of the ball to me
    wist

this is bullshit. I can't gloat about my prediction that he gets cut now.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I can't begin to fathom why they are investing in defensive linemen when they don't play them much anyway... there really is a complete disconnect between TT and the coaching staff.

If we play nickel 80% of the time, and we only have 2 DL on the field that entire time, why the fuck does TT keep drafting all these linemen - while we wallow along with 2 of lousiest ILB's in the league??

The Packers, as an organization, suck to high heaven at evaluating defensive talent. They should outsource drafting on that side of the ball to me
    Since Bellicheat traded for him does he also suck at evaluating talent?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Pick up a draft pick on a guy who most likely wasn't making the roster. #win

Guessing the young guys Thornton and Pennel are playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Pick up a draft pick on a guy who most likely wasn't making the roster. #win

Guessing the young guys Thornton and Pennel are playing well.
    Worthy is a second round draft pick. This is rather quick to give up on that investment. Maybe the guy really stinks, which is a major bad mark for TT. This is lousy news in any event.

Packers get a pick IF Worthy makes the team. And even then, it's probably a 6 or 7.

Would be stokex if they got a 5h rounder for him. Do you think they were holding him out of practice for this reason? Worthy himself said he has beeb ready to see the field and was not given the okay to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Would be stokex if they got a 5h rounder for him.
    Sure. Often these trades are for a 2032 7th round pick and a sandwich to be named later. In other words, the Packers decided they were going to cut him, and they let N.E. have the guy without waiting for him to clear waivers. In return, N.E. owes Ted a solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Sure. Often these trades are for a 2032 7th round pick and a sandwich to be named later. In other words, the Packers decided they were going to cut him, and they let N.E. have the guy without waiting for him to clear waivers. In return, N.E. owes Ted a solid.
    That would be my guess

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    So to repeat, per @ChafieFields, who is #Packers DE Jerel Worthy's agent, @I_AM_Worthy99 has been traded to #Patriots, pending physical.

Of those eight picks in the 2012 draft, only Nick Perry, Casey Hayward and Mike Daniels now remain.
    And I wouldnt be too quick to hand perry a roster spot at this point either

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 3m
    DE Kendall Reyes was guy #Packers wanted in 2012 D2. When he went 49 to #Chargers, GB panicked & traded up for Worthy at 51. Bad fit for 3-4
    Damn I had us picking Perry and Reyes in he 2nd in my mock draft that year...almost.

Worthy's entire game was based upon anticipating the snap against college talent. When he could not do that against NFL offenses, he was worthless.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

With saying that....FUCK MCGINN!!

I've stated already that I thought Worthy would be put on PUP and probably wouldn't play this year. But trading him for a late draft pick irritates me a little. If your gonna trade him, at least get a player for him.

Whatever....

He probably wont even pass the physical. Word on the strret is that Worthy needs (lower) spine surgery. Cross those fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think he's better at knowing what talent he needs and getting those kind of players. Not trying to force players into schemes they will never fit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    a very good question

hoody genius is the best coach in the NFL

He's also a terrible gm; so the answer above would be yes.

his trades make sense but the patriots miss scott pioli....desperately
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?