View Poll Results: 2015 Turd Award goes to......

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rodgers

9 32.14%
  • Lacy

5 17.86%
  • Adams

7 25.00%
  • Cobb

2 7.14%
  • Other

5 17.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Biggest Offensive Bust this Year

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You really think something will happen in the postseason to affect your vote? Seems to me the die is cast. The offense is broken and won't be fixed this year. Any chance of playoff success rests with the defense.
    For me yes, just because I'm on the fence between a couple guys. It's possible one of them separates themselves with some leadership and playmaking during the biggest game of the season. I'm putting a lot of weight on what happens Sunday.

I put a lot on Lacy. He needed to step up when the WRs were banged up, and he was too busy staring at titties or video games. He got BENCHED for off the field related issues, which to me is completely unacceptable.

Adams is a very close second...the early injuries just seemed to derail his entire season and when he got back he was pressing too much and then lost confidence.

Cobb and Rodgers played poorly as well, but Cobb was constantly double teamed and Rodgers was playing behind a makeshift OL for half the season. They needed others to step up, and that rarely happened.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I think what amazes me the most is that James Jones, a free agent pick up cut by two teams, is the most productive offensive player on the team. In contrast, the rest of the skill position players, for whatever reason, have had poor seasons. In many cases, the worst of their career. A Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, Adams, even Starks, have failed to produce on a consistent basis, and have had physical and mental errors that have lead to losses. I believe Patler mentioned in one thread that this offense is basically unable to score a touchdown inside the red zone. He's right. That's a strong indictment on the total lack of playmakers on this team. It also shows why I can't vote on this poll. Other than Jones and possibly R Rodgers, everyone is culpable. This offense, since the San Diego game, is the Cowboys offense minus Tony Romo.
    And that his best year was this year. He had his highest season yardage total at a whopping 890 yards receiving.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Why wasn't this in the poll?

Where did you find Fritz's college pics?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Now there...some informative intelligence in that post.

There is hope for you on the planet Zoorf !
    I guess you would know, you illegal alien Zoorfian. Has everyone else on Zoorf had their brain removed?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Joe, you beat me to it. Couldn't search for this at work:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I voted 'other'

ProBowl bound Error Rodgers.

Went with Adams. Also considered Cobb. Offensive line more deserving of a spot on the ballot than Lacy, as far as I'm concerned.

So many turds, only one vote. Sigh.........

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    ProBowl bound Error Rodgers.
    Error Rodgers, Errin' Rodgers. I like it. If it stops now.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Went with Adams. Also considered Cobb. Offensive line more deserving of a spot on the ballot than Lacy, as far as I'm concerned.
    Shocking!! When he goes off this weekend I will be ready to spoon feed you the shit you will have to eat.

Adams was a disappointment only with respect to hopes for his performance. Yes, he had way too many drops, several brain farts and looked lethargic at times. I was disappointed in what he showed this year. On the other hand, he had 12 more receptions in 3 fewer games than in 2014. He didn't come close to what I hoped he would achieve. But, he is an unproven commodity. Our expectations for him were based on off season comments by coaches and AR, somewhat based on a solid, but not spectacular rookie season.

Cobb and AR on the other hand underperformed expectations based on past performances and the commitments of the organization as demonstrated by the contracts they were given, contracts that made them among the highest paid at their positions. These are the guys the organization has committed to. They are the ones who are expected to come through in the clutch, perform in adversity, etc. Both have been mediocre based on what we have seen from them in the past.

No comparison in my mind. Rodgers and Cobb were much more disappointing than Adams.