Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *other Packers forum no worky?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    IT seemed to me that, seeing the other site was down, and a poster was showing up here, that a different approach, say a welcoming approach, might have served better, rather than stuffing the thread behind the login wall.

For example, instead of "FYI Bullshit move and next time you make a thread like this in the Packers area I will do more than move your thread."

try: "Welcome back to Packerrats Captain Kickass! Make sure to tell your buds over at the other forum to check us out. This is a freewheeling forum where we talk about everything, and allow a lot of fun latitude in the main forum, and also have forums for stuff that is specifically and intentionally off-topic. Tell 'em to sign up if they want access to that stuff, but have 'em sign up to post on Packer stuff regardless. We have a great group of posters and alway welcome more!"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Your routine is old.
    What are you doing here? I thought the Packers won yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    What are you doing here? I thought the Packers won yesterday.
    LOL
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    IT seemed to me that, seeing the other site was down, and a poster was showing up here, that a different approach, say a welcoming approach, might have served better, rather than stuffing the thread behind the login wall.

For example, instead of "FYI Bullshit move and next time you make a thread like this in the Packers area I will do more than move your thread."

try: "Welcome back to Packerrats Captain Kickass! Make sure to tell your buds over at the other forum to check us out. This is a freewheeling forum where we talk about everything, and allow a lot of fun latitude in the main forum, and also have forums for stuff that is specifically and intentionally off-topic. Tell 'em to sign up if they want access to that stuff, but have 'em sign up to post on Packer stuff regardless. We have a great group of posters and alway welcome more!"
    Hahahahaha! So you want me to lie to them? Based on your constant whining none of that is true.

But regardless trying to swoop in on the sites posters is a bitch move. I am sure they know about this site and if they want to come post they will register. But actively trying to steal posters is wrong. If the site never comes back up then feel free to be their Moses.

well, you can rise above or not. It's up to you.

^^^

The word is ' masochism'.

" Death to the betrayer."....comes to mind
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau