Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I think i might stay here...

I think i might stay here...

so yesterday, i posted on the jsonline message board a little "talk" i got from my buddy that works with a scout in green bay. i said from the start, don't take it as the gospel, don't even have to believe it. it was just a little draft talk i wanted to share. AND WOW...so i might hang out here, and get blasted by more people i know a little better through posting's. if anyone though wants to know the little chat i had with my buddy i'll be more than happy to share it with you if you didn't see it on the jsonline message board.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

I read those responses... pretty crazy if you ask me. I thought the info was interesting and the folks responding were pretty rough. Glad to have you here.

What's the information?

well hey harvey! haven't talked in a long time.....the info was...

expect only defense in the first round. the top 5 they have are mario, aj, huff, ngata, and jimmy williams, those are the 5 they are expecting for them to draft at #5. even if lavarr is signed, don't be surprised if AJ is still a pick of ours. here is the weird one, vernon davis isn't their top rated TE, but is rated as one of their top 10 players, and is a #3 value pick of theirs at #5...i don't know what all that means though...there is a good possibility of trading down, and if Young/Leinart are there, it increaces the chances more of a trade.

i think that's about it.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Re: I think i might stay here...

Quote Originally Posted by ND72
    so yesterday, i posted on the jsonline message board a little "talk" i got from my buddy that works with a scout in green bay. i said from the start, don't take it as the gospel, don't even have to believe it. it was just a little draft talk i wanted to share. AND WOW...so i might hang out here, and get blasted by more people i know a little better through posting's. if anyone though wants to know the little chat i had with my buddy i'll be more than happy to share it with you if you didn't see it on the jsonline message board.
    Ah shutup you chowderhead! What do you know anyways? You're making this all up, and you 'buddy' probably mops floors at the local Denny's - he go his information from the patrons

jk of course - do you feel at home now?

Ya, I read the thread too. It got ugly fast.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Hi ND,

Could you post them here also?

I read them and they were FASCINATING! Rocked my world.

Thanks....

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    That was some very good info that you posted. Sounds fairly reasonable to me. I can't beleive you got torched so bad over there. I can't beleive the number of people who have completly wrote off Brett Favre and are preparing for Aaron Rodgers.

? HOFer
    If he is the 3rd best value at number 5, assuming the first four picks are all based on value, that means that he is the 7th highest rated player in their eyes. Being the 2nd rated tight end means there is another tight end rated higher. Weird.

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    If he is the 3rd best value at number 5, assuming the first four picks are all based on value, that means that he is the 7th highest rated player in their eyes. Being the 2nd rated tight end means there is another tight end rated higher. Weird.
    Possible they're rating him as a WR rather than a TE?

Just a thought....

That makes no sense. That has to be wrong. There's not another TE with that type of value. Most of the information you posted was intriguing, but I have to believe this little tidbit is way off-base.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    That makes no sense. That has to be wrong. There's not another TE with that type of value. Most of the information you posted was intriguing, but I have to believe this little tidbit is way off-base.
    Yes the thing that tossed the credibility of the post was the deal on Vernon Davis but ND72 said he didn't know what to make of it all or even understand the jargon ie 3rd rated at #5 or that Davis was valued as third best if the Packers picked at #5.

ND72.That was brutal, what some of those fellas tossed at you last night, and congrat's. on standing in there. To come out and flat out call you ' a lier ' was too heavy handed . Uncalled for cruelty. You deserve credit for staying cool.

It can be rough over there at times, not the same here ND72. I will say.Don't allow that experience last night to harm you. You belong as much as the rest there.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    ND72, I haven't read the JSO post (and limit my time there because of the presence of hackers), but from what people have said about the treatment, it doesn't surprise me. I think everyone here respects everyone else's opinions, regardless of the validity or reality. Posters at JSO are just too freakin' atagonistic and are looking for a fight.

I think the bottom line here is that nobody really knows what the heck the Packers are going to do, so torching someone for having an opinion is just plain dumb. If you got your info from a Packer source, then cool, but that doesn't mean the Packers are going to go that route. Heck, draft day chaos dictates what the Packers will do. Maybe they have a map of where they want to go on draft day, but there's no way they'd leak that. Your speculation, or the speculation of a Packer scout, is as good as any armchair GM on any chat board. Nobody knows what will go down on draft day.

All that aside, welcome to Packer Rats. Great to have you here.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ND72 - Welcome, our casa es tu casa.

I read that on JSO. I honestly love rumors even if it's just wild speculation.

PackerRats is looking for some inside dish stuff for the homepage rumors section that is coming soon. Would you be interested in contributing on a regular basis? If you can get stuff weekly would be excellent.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    ND72 - Welcome, our casa es tu casa.

I read that on JSO. I honestly love rumors even if it's just wild speculation.

PackerRats is looking for some inside dish stuff for the homepage rumors section that is coming soon. Would you be interested in contributing on a regular basis? If you can get stuff weekly would be excellent.
    Agreed. Your speculation and rumors are definitely welcome here. Starts good conversation among *mature* fans. Please consider Mad's offer. We are looking for people to generate content for the PR site.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Blog Entries

I SAW THAT ND, and to be quite honest I almost copied and pasted it in here and also wondered why you didn't post it in here. We like juice like that. That stuff is the stuff that belongs in this group of posters.

I found it outstanding, but I only post in JS when somebody really ticks me off when I lurk at times, and the only one who seems to have that effect on me in here is Blondie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

ND explained this on JS that Davis was not the #2 rated TE; he was first. Not sure how, but he was the top rated TE. What I found intriguing is that Davis was the Packers #3 options at pick #5, which is absolutely where he should be.

1. Hawk
    2. Williams
    3. Davis

Hey guys...thanks for the vote of confidence here. I agree with the one post on here earlier, non of us know what is going on, and i'm sure right now, neither does any one sitting in Lambeau. In NFL hours, it is seriously just too far away to honestly know what anyone is doing. espeically with people still working people out, the Jets could still make that trade up to #2, and so on. Here's my question that i asked on that page and no body responded to. I hear the Texans bringing in guys, i hear the Titans bringing in guys...where are the packers? are they bringing in any of hte rookies into Lambeau?

Blog Entries
    Hey guys...thanks for the vote of confidence here. I agree with the one post on here earlier, non of us know what is going on, and i'm sure right now, neither does any one sitting in Lambeau. In NFL hours, it is seriously just too far away to honestly know what anyone is doing. espeically with people still working people out, the Jets could still make that trade up to #2, and so on. Here's my question that i asked on that page and no body responded to. I hear the Texans bringing in guys, i hear the Titans bringing in guys...where are the packers? are they bringing in any of hte rookies into Lambeau?
    I haven't heard GB bring a single rookie into Green Bay as of yet. Why amazes me. I've heard TT and others attending all the workouts; maybe they are interviewing players there. But no rumors or reports of a rookie stepping foot in GB yet.

I don't see why we would not bring in AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, Huff, or others we are considering. TT must be too busy with free agency

Senior Rat All-Pro

I read your post yesterday, ND, and I found it very interesting but like someone said, some of the responders were a little rough. I started reading the message board at jsonline back in November, never did join up, I'd just decide to do it and then all hell would break loose over there. (especially with Da Bears) Visited C-E a few times, tried [/u]4 times to register and after I'd finish, I'd get a message saying my user name or password were invalid, please try again. But that's ok, then I found this board and it is neat !! Feel more at home here.

So ND, haven't seen much, if any, blasting over here, and the only time I get really upset is when someone starts going after Brett !! Thanks for the swell board, guys, nice to meet you all![/u]

Blog Entries
    This is a pretty tight group in here ND and you fit in well with the knowledge and stuff you come up with. Next time post the rumors first in here plz and you'll get some good responses.

There is another poster, I think Atown, who also posts rumors that are shot down over there.

Even if not completely true, we like debating them anyways.

Cheers,
    B