Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JS-----JANIS deserves the chance to win the #3

Blog Entries

JS-----JANIS deserves the chance to win the #3

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    interesting article by somebody else who apparently does not buy into the Fresno Fraud
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Many a physically gifted receiver has never made a breakthrough in the NFL (anyone besides KYPack and Rand remember Willis Adams?).

Janis needs to grow up: see if this sounds familiar

"It takes reps," Nelson said. "For everyone. That's going to be all in practice and in the film room. There are questions that get asked in the film room, and the way you answer those makes a difference. And the way you practice on a daily basis makes a difference. It's all about reps, and it's reps with Aaron, not just reps on the field. Every rep counts, but reps with Aaron weigh more."
    Running a wrong route in practice isn't death unless its something you continually do.

The funny thing is, that description above (along with other comments last year) make Janis seem like Robert Ferguson. Just never got into the grind and the game mentally. Coasting on physical gifts.

Davante Adams did more as a rookie. The odds are still in his favor.

Time to grow up Peter Pan.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Nelson's comment was in response to a specific question about Janis, it can be read as an implied criticism of Janis' preparation, focus and effort. If it was in answer to a general question about what it takes to become a key member of the WR corps, or what it took him to get where he is, it means nothing with respect to Janis specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Many a physically gifted receiver has never made a breakthrough in the NFL (anyone besides KYPack and Rand remember Willis Adams?).
    Packer fans have their own 1st round WR flop to lament........Barry Smith. All-American, FSU Hall of Famer, etc. (and outperformed in the NFL by Wills Adams.)
    Last edited by Patler; 06-05-2016 at 06:47 AM.

I'll put my money on 'Mr. Dee' Adams to secure NO. 3.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Janis is clearly the better player, but if Adams is healthy, I wouldn't put it past the coaching staff to prop him up and put Janis on the shelf again. I hate it when they do that sort of thing. Either way, we're loaded at WR.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'll put my money on 'Mr. Dee' Adams to secure NO. 3.
    If Montgomery is healthy, it could be an interesting competition.

Silly article. The battle for the 3rd WR spot is just the kind of wedge the beat guys like to drive in Packer Nation. Take the people's champion and prop him up against the well-heeled aristocracy.

At the end of the day he will get a chance to gain more playing time. Maybe if he can start catching slants he'll start to make his way up the depth chart.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Vertical stress is nice and all, but it doesn't necessarily solve their issues against elite defenses. They need a guy who can take a seam and consistently pry open the cracks. Greg Jennings was great at it.

I'm thinking that Montgomery will be the #3 if healthy. He showed some nice hands, an ability to get open quickly and plenty of speed to stress the opposing defense.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If Nelson's comment was in response to a specific question about Janis, it can be read as an implied criticism of Janis' preparation, focus and effort. If it was in answer to a general question about what it takes to become a key member of the WR corps, or what it took him to get where he is, it means nothing with respect to Janis specifically.
    I don't recall the specific time or place, but I believe his own QB pointed out his efforts in practice last year. I think the head coach did too.

Given his popularity and seventh round status, Janis isn't going to get called out directly unless he falls further behind.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Man, don't remember anything about Adams.

Barry Smith?

Yeah, maybe the biggest flop receiver (outside of the Ferg) ever.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Vertical stress is nice and all, but it doesn't necessarily solve their issues against elite defenses. They need a guy who can take a seam and consistently pry open the cracks. Greg Jennings was great at it.

I'm thinking that Montgomery will be the #3 if healthy. He showed some nice hands, an ability to get open quickly and plenty of speed to stress the opposing defense.
    Monty's an interesting guy. Little bit of Cobb. Maybe a little bit of Jennings. Lot of parts with this WR group. It'll be interesting to see how it all fits together.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Janis is clearly the better player, but if Adams is healthy, I wouldn't put it past the coaching staff to prop him up and put Janis on the shelf again. I hate it when they do that sort of thing. Either way, we're loaded at WR.
    Well, he is better at special teams.

The rest is ridiculous.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Everybody loves the late round WRs. There is a reason they arent drafted in the first 4 rounds. These guys usually are extremely althetic but raw. Some develop, like DD. Most are out of the leagle in a year or two.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

That's a silly article.
    Janis would be lucky to be #4 WR, nevermind the #3. I could see Adams starting out as the #3 and being overtaken by Montgomery.

Janis is a very good athlete, but -- unless he's made strides -- nowhere as developed of a WR as Adams. He'll make his mark on ST and get a few snaps here and there. If he can't figure out the offense and how to run the routes, he'll be a version of Kaseem Osgood.
    I'm curious to see how Davis does. He's also got speed to play outside as a deep threat, and probably runs better routes than Janis. There will be a lot of competition for roster spots.

Do they have a Greg Jennings type on the roster right now? Go back and watch the games from the 2010 playoff run and Jennings stands out. I think Adams or Janis are much different players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If Montgomery is healthy, it could be an interesting competition.
    Montgomery to me is a MUCH better route runner; IMO he has the ability to best real NFL CB's.

I think Adams needs to be matchup with with the #3-5 CB on the roster to be effective

Blog Entries
    I found the article interesting

Buried below all the words to me was an obvious conclusion by the author.

Janis has serious potential and to get that he thinks Janis can offer we should let Janis learn and work through some of the mistakes so in the end, to be honest, we have something Davante Adams offers little of.............upside................

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I found the article interesting

Buried below all the words to me was an obvious conclusion by the author.

Janis has serious potential and to get that he thinks we should let Janis learn and work through some of the mistakes so in the end, to be honest, we have something Davante Adams offers little of.............upside................
    Janis is entering his 3rd year though. At some point he has to show he knows the offense. There are tons of WR's who have lots of physical talent who don't make it in the NFL because they can't handle the mental part of the game. It's time for Janis to show he can be trusted to run his assignments correctly.

I think the issue with Janis is simple, he is still learning how to run routes. Even he admitted that he didn't really run routes in college, he just took off and beat guys with speed. His first year they said he struggled getting off the LOS against anyone in his face. Last year they said at times he trashed DBs who tried that, but was inconsistent. I suspect his work as a gunner on the punt team has helped in that regard.

Speaking of STs Chris Banjo made the comment that no one was surprised when things started clicking for Janis on STs, because he asked questions constantly and he was passionate about wanting to excel at whatever he was given to do.

We know he is smart, as I recall his Wonderlic score was in the 30's. Of course, that doesn't make him football smart.

Maybe he never will learn the nuances of a good route runner, so maybe he is destined to be a special teams stud who gives you a big, strong and fast 4th or 5th receiver, and there is nothing wrong with that.

One thing is for certain, he makes things happen even as a WR. He may not look refined, but he seems to have a knack for creating yardage, last year even by drawing long PI calls. Maybe he is not a guy you can build an offense around because of inconsistency, but he looks like a guy who should have a few plays designed around him for those times when you need to stir things up a bit