Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I heard on Rich Eisen's show that there is real enthusiasm in the NFL for Item #1 in Joe's quote. Entertainment complexes are apparently the next big revenue driver, in addition to owning the overall stadium revenue and hosting other events. If the Chargers move with them, the stadium would need to be scaled back since Spano's pockets aren't as deep.

Weirdly, that factor might help smaller franchises get help to stay in their current cities. I wonder how long that will last.
So we come full circle. When I was but a lad, I saw my first NFL game in Tiger Stadium in Detroit. They just ran chalk lines right over the dirt of the infield, and there was about a seventy-five yard space behind the sidelines up to the first row of seats in the stadium's left and right field corners.

Little did we know it was an "entertainment complex." Later, I watched the Packers play the Lions in the old Pontiac Silverdome, which also hosted monster truck shows and tractor pulls. Another "entertainment complex."

Maybe they could host a seventh-grade science fair at Lambeau Field, and - wala! - another "entertainment complex" will be born.