Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rams

Rams

Cleveland Rams 1936-45
    Los Angeles Rams 1946-94 (Anaheim 80-94)
    St. Louis Rams 1995-2015
    Inglewood Rams 2016-

I have not yet gotten completely past referring to them as the LA Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Who cares about this right now? What's important is the game Saturday against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Pack can win if they can get some pressure on Jim Hart, though.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I feel bad for Oakland. That stadium is a disaster.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Who cares about this right now? What's important is the game Saturday against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Pack can win if they can get some pressure on Jim Hart, though.
    Forget Hart. They need to get pressure on Lomax, otherwise, without Shields, Roy Green will go nuts on us.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This story isn't over.

It now seems evident that the NFL's preference is for just one team to relocate to the Los Angeles area.

Rooney emphasized the need to establish a program that will allow the communities of San Diego and Oakland to keep their franchises. McNair similarly stressed the opportunity for the Chargers and Raiders to find a solution in their current markets.

While Goodell revealed the $100 million assistance package, he did not disclose the relocation fee.

Here's what else we learned from the Los Angeles Rams' relocation press conference:

1. Goodell raved about the plans for Kroenke's Inglewood property as a stadium that will be the centerpiece of "one of the greatest complexes" in the sports world. It was important to the NFL that the stadium suit the Los Angeles market, doubling as an entertainment complex.

2. Spanos offered no clues as to whether he plans to exercise his option and join Kroenke in Inglewood. "I'm going to take a day off," a weary Spanos said. "I'm going to look at all of our options." The City of San Diego is hosting a June vote for $350 million in public funding toward a new facility to replace Qualcomm Stadium.

3. While Davis congratulated Kroenke on the owners' approval, he conceded that the results were "not a win" for the Raiders. "We're looking forward to giving Raider Nation a proper home," Davis added. "Don't give up. We'll get there." At this point, it appears the Raiders will be playing the 2016 season in Oakland.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    If the Rams do go back to LA, I hope they use the "blue and white" outfits for their throwbacks. I always favored the simplistic look over the blue/yellow deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This story isn't over.

1. Goodell raved about the plans for Kroenke's Inglewood property as a stadium that will be the centerpiece of "one of the greatest complexes" in the sports world. It was important to the NFL that the stadium suit the Los Angeles market, doubling as an entertainment complex.
    I heard on Rich Eisen's show that there is real enthusiasm in the NFL for Item #1 in Joe's quote. Entertainment complexes are apparently the next big revenue driver, in addition to owning the overall stadium revenue and hosting other events. If the Chargers move with them, the stadium would need to be scaled back since Spano's pockets aren't as deep.

Weirdly, that factor might help smaller franchises get help to stay in their current cities. I wonder how long that will last.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Weirdly, that factor might help smaller franchises get help to stay in their current cities. I wonder how long that will last.
    teams better figure out pretty fast (if they haven't already) how to make their facilities attractive for other events. 10 events a year is an absurdity, especially if the locals are paying taxes for it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    teams better figure out pretty fast (if they haven't already) how to make their facilities attractive for other events. 10 events a year is an absurdity, especially if the locals are paying taxes for it.
    I was stunned it wasn't a bigger issue in Brown County last time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yup, I've struggled with that one too, although I do remember that Hart retired!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Now you don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I was stunned it wasn't a bigger issue in Brown County last time.
    I think that's why they had (Have?) a lottery that gives Brown County residents a shot at Packer tickets. Felt they needed to allow the taxpayers to get something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    If the Rams do go back to LA, I hope they use the "blue and white" outfits for their throwbacks. I always favored the simplistic look over the blue/yellow deal.

If you ask me, they should use those for their regular uniforms.

But the league wants to be there. Especially because it entails plenty of free stuff for the NFL, including a new campus for the league’s in-house media conglomerate.

And no one likes free stuff more than those who don’t need free stuff.
    No I know why Rich Eisen was convinced the NFL owners were stoked about the Inglewood project.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-inglewood/

I had to consult google maps to learn that San Diego is only a bit over an hour and a half drive to Anaheim.
    Maybe sharing a stadium isn't as nuts as my first impression.
    Edit: Doh! It's Inglewood, not Anaheim. Still, that's just 2 hours.

I'm happy to see the Rams back in L.A. Tradition matters a lot. Cleveland got Lebron back, that's enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I feel bad for Oakland. That stadium is a disaster.
    Actually the Holiday Bowl was at San Diego's stadium, and Mike Lucas said that place is the worst p.o.s. in the land.

San Fran and Oakland should share a stadium.

L.A. and S.D. should share a stadium located halfway between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Actually the Holiday Bowl was at San Diego's stadium, and Mike Lucas said that place is the worst p.o.s. in the land.
    I though Rich Stadium was the worst - and it's pretty bad. But Qualcomm is and older dual purpose stadium and is terrible for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

San Fran and Oakland should share a stadium.

L.A. and S.D. should share a stadium located halfway between them.
    SF and Oakland shouldn't even share a state. That's a parking lot gunfight among fans waiting to happen.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    SF and Oakland shouldn't even share a state. That's a parking lot gunfight among fans waiting to happen.
    it's not a fair fight. You can't take a cheese slicer to a street fight.