Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rams

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I heard on Rich Eisen's show that there is real enthusiasm in the NFL for Item #1 in Joe's quote. Entertainment complexes are apparently the next big revenue driver, in addition to owning the overall stadium revenue and hosting other events. If the Chargers move with them, the stadium would need to be scaled back since Spano's pockets aren't as deep.

Weirdly, that factor might help smaller franchises get help to stay in their current cities. I wonder how long that will last.
    So we come full circle. When I was but a lad, I saw my first NFL game in Tiger Stadium in Detroit. They just ran chalk lines right over the dirt of the infield, and there was about a seventy-five yard space behind the sidelines up to the first row of seats in the stadium's left and right field corners.

Little did we know it was an "entertainment complex." Later, I watched the Packers play the Lions in the old Pontiac Silverdome, which also hosted monster truck shows and tractor pulls. Another "entertainment complex."

Maybe they could host a seventh-grade science fair at Lambeau Field, and - wala! - another "entertainment complex" will be born.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Little did we know it was an "entertainment complex." Later, I watched the Packers play the Lions in the old Pontiac Silverdome, which also hosted monster truck shows and tractor pulls. Another "entertainment complex."
    They used to do this at the Metrodome too. "We're gonna turn the metrodome into A MUD PIT!!! Daddy Don Garlits with be there with his dragster! Miss Universe!!" It was all aimed at the University intellectuals.

Maybe they could host a seventh-grade science fair at Lambeau Field, and - wala! - another "entertainment complex" will be born.
    Motocross, Fritz, motocross.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do any of you non-West coast mofos recognize the large piece of meat on that brothas grill?

Sounds to me like the Raiders are open to the idea of moving somewhere - just about anywhere. I wonder if they'd consider St. Louis. I don't think support for the Rams was too bad there, and they have a decent domed stadium. Also, there is San Antonio - about the biggest non-NFL city, and it already has the Alamo Dome, which ain't too bad a place.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Sounds to me like the Raiders are open to the idea of moving somewhere - just about anywhere. I wonder if they'd consider St. Louis. I don't think support for the Rams was too bad there, and they have a decent domed stadium. Also, there is San Antonio - about the biggest non-NFL city, and it already has the Alamo Dome, which ain't too bad a place.
    They met with San Antionio last year and that's their biggest rumored place to move if they do so. St. Louis is done with the NFL I think. They won't build a new stadium for the Rams, so I doubt they'll do it anytime soon for the Raiders.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Do any of you non-West coast mofos recognize the large piece of meat on that brothas grill?
    Negative.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    At first I thought it might be a hunk of tuna.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    it's not a fair fight. You can't take a cheese slicer to a street fight.

Despite the national reputation, the last few years it's been the 9ers fans that have been more dangerous, at least in terms of parking lot violence.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Despite the national reputation, the last few years it's been the 9ers fans that have been more dangerous, at least in terms of parking lot violence.
    I suppose that may be true. I've heard about some of that.

I was at a game there back in the early 90s. I've never seen anything so tame in my life as the tailgate there.

Well, they moved to San Jose, so that has to change the atmosphere somewhat.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, they moved to San Jose, so that has to change the atmosphere somewhat.
    There's a reason these two teams no longer play each other in the preseason.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I can't stand the monopoly called the NFL.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I can't stand the monopoly called the NFL.
    what would you like in place of it?

Sex with Julia Louise Dreyfuss. All the time.

KYPack

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

She's hot. And age-appropriate.

KYPack

someone going back to LA just to have it fail again later on. when are they going to get it? that area just hasn't supported a team...let alone two.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    If the Rams do go back to LA, I hope they use the "blue and white" outfits for their throwbacks. I always favored the simplistic look over the blue/yellow deal.

A nice look.... but:

They might look a lot like the Indy Colts Uni's.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

You're a BAD MAN!