Thread: Top 20 Quarterbacks To Play the Game (NFL/AFL)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Considering he only played 10 years of football 7 championships is quite the accomplishment. Graham was a 5 time Pro Bowler.
    He was in the Championship Game of his league every year of his career. There isn't another QB, let alone player at any position that I can think of on any level except maybe high school who can make this claim.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He was in the Championship Game of his league every year of his career. There isn't another QB, let alone player at any position that I can think of on any level except maybe high school who can make this claim.
    Every player who graduated from North Dakota State the last two years would qualify, if you are counting high schoolers and college players.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Every player who graduated from North Dakota State the last two years would qualify, if you are counting high schoolers and college players.
    Good call. But Division II is pretty close to high school. I think the hierarchy is: Division I > Division II > U of Minnesota > high school. Not sure about the last two.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Good call. But Division II is pretty close to high school. I think the hierarchy is: Division I > Division II > U of Minnesota > high school. Not sure about the last two.
    NDSU isn't Division II. They moved up to Division I (FCS). They've won championships (5) every year since, except their first year. No team at any level of college had won 5 straight. They've won their last 6 games against FBS competition (including defending Big 12 champion, Kansas State, in a year they won a bowl game), all on the road. Lately, some of the games haven't been that close, 34-14 over Iowa State and 37-24 in a comfortable win over Minnesota. Of course, most of those teams are lower echelon Power 5 teams (Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado, Colorado State). Next year, they get Iowa, so it will be a bigger test, and they lose their QB, Carson Wentz, who might end being first QB taken in this year's draft.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...P-PLAYING-THEM
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    NDSU isn't Division II. They moved up to Division I (FCS). They've won championships (5) every year since, except their first year. No team at any level of college had won 5 straight. They've won their last 6 games against FBS competition (including defending Big 12 champion, Kansas State, in a year they won a bowl game), all on the road. Lately, some of the games haven't been that close, 34-14 over Iowa State and 37-24 in a comfortable win over Minnesota. Of course, most of those teams are lower echelon Power 5 teams (Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado, Colorado State). Next year, they get Iowa, so it will be a bigger test, and they lose their QB, Carson Wentz, who might end being first QB taken in this year's draft.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...P-PLAYING-THEM
    I know they changed the designations, but sorry NDSU didn't win the 'Level one' championship, whatever the hell you want to call it - FBS or some other such nonsense. They won the lower level FCS championship. I'm too bored to look it up, but has the same QB led them in every championship, because that's the point I was making with Otto Graham? I'm not really interested in digging deep into NDSU football, as fine a program as they are.