Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Top 20 Quarterbacks To Play the Game (NFL/AFL)

Edit: possibly still behind Tarkenton and Jurgensen

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Fran Tarkenton 6-0 190lbs

Vikings, Giants

Fran Tarkenton was a 9 time pro bowler for the Vikings and the Giants. His hectic style in the backfield in Minnesota frustrated his coach and led to him being traded to the Giants in 1968. He was then traded back to the Vikings in 1972. It was in the 1970s that Fran took the Vikings to 3 Super Bowls winning NFC Titles in 1973, 1974, and 1976. He was named the NFL's offensive player of the year in 1975, NFL MVP, and also earning All-Pro honors the same year.

Years Played: 18
    Games Started: 239
    Regular Season Record: 124-109-6
    Playoff Record: 6-5
    Completion %: 57
    Yards per Attempt: 7.3
    Yards per Completion: 12.8
    Yards per Game: 191
    TD to INT ratio: 342-266
    QB rating: 80.4
    4th Quarter Comebacks: 30
    Game Winning Drives: 34
    Rushing Yards: 3674
    Yards per Carry: 5.4
    Rushing TDs: 32
    Whenever I see Fran Tarkenton scrambling I saw this fella winding up to explode on the sidelines for the Minnesota Vikings.

This guy had coached in the CFL and notably so.

** He was the head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League (CFL) for ten seasons, winning the Grey Cup four times.

** He is the most successful coach in Vikings history,

** He is the third most successful professional football coach overall (behind Don Shula and George Halas), with a combined 290 wins in the NFL and CFL.

** He was elected to the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 1983 and to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1994.

** He was the first coach in the history of professional football to guide teams to the Grey Cup finals and the Super Bowl.

He was one Helluva Fine Head Coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Grant
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    As my son's karate master says, "How many Vikings does it take to lift the Lombardi trophy? We will never know."
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Sort of amazing how the game and the qb position has changed over time. If Jay Cutler plays 2-3 more years his td-int ratio will likely be better than any hall of fame qb that played before Montana.
    NFL QBs used to throw picks like people tossing spare change into Salvation Army kettles. It was the right thing to do.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

3 things can happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are bad.

Woody's math used to be close to correct.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Terry Bradshaw 6-3 215lb

Steelers

Good Ole' Terry Bradshaw starts off the top ten. Bradshaw played 14 years for the Steelers. The "Blond Bomber" led the Steelers to the Super Bowl 4 times taking home the Lombardi Trophy all four times in the 1970s. His Steeler teams go down as one of the greatest dynasties of all time. Bradshaw was a two time Super Bowl MVP, a 3 time Pro Bowl selection, he led the league in passing TDs twice, and was on the 1970s All Decade team. To be fair Bradshaw makes the top ten of this list because of his trips and wins in the Super Bowl. Bradshaw had 30 career TDs in the playoffs and increased his career passer rating 13 points from the regular season to the playoffs. Bradshaw's Steelers went to the Playoffs every year from the 1972 to 1979.

Years Played: 14
    Games Started: 158
    Regular Season Record: 107-51-1
    Playoff Record: 14-5
    Completion %: 51.9
    Yards per Attempt: 7.2
    Yards per Completion: 13.8
    Yards per Game: 166.6
    TD to INT ratio: 212-210
    QB rating: 70.9
    4th Quarter Comebacks: 19
    Game Winning Drives: 27
    Rushing Yards: 2257
    Yards per Carry: 5.1
    Rushing TDs: 32

Now you have gone off the rails. I don't care if he has 8 Super Bowls, Bradshaw was not Top 10.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Bradshaw's got a healthy ego and even he wouldn't agree with him being #10
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Now you have gone off the rails. I don't care if he has 8 Super Bowls, Bradshaw was not Top 10.
    Hell, they were constantly talking about benching him/replacing him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Bradshaw's got a healthy ego and even he wouldn't agree with him being #10
    Terry Bradshaw loves Brett Favre. He always says that Favre was the best he ever saw play the game.

When I do a TOP TEN QB All Time.

I have Terry Bradshaw knocking on the door. He was a QB from a different Era in that he called his own plays. He played on a dominant team and that sure helped his resume.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau