Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This is my opinion and my opinion only, winning 1 Super Bowl would not be worth another decade like the 70s. No way no how. Not saying that is what Denver has done or what is going to happen to them.

Yeah, we beat Chicago once this year is not the yardstick a franchise should have but that was all I remember wanting growing up and rooting for the Pack.
    I agree with that, but there is no real reason for any downturn to last that long. It only takes about four years to completely turnover an NFL roster, and you can effectively turnover much of it in just a few years. We'll see how Denver handles that part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I agree with that, but there is no real reason for any downturn to last that long. It only takes about four years to completely turnover an NFL roster, and you can effectively turnover much of it in just a few years. We'll see how Denver handles that part of it.
    Agreed. The 70's Packers (which I thankfully was blissfully unaware of) were the result of continued fuck-ups, and fuck-ups cleaning up the initial fuck-ups, of near Cleveland Brown's proportions.

The bigger issue is taking that shot, and missing, which is a much more frequent occurence...ask the Eagle's 'Dream Team'about that, and there are many more examples, many coming out of Washington and Dallas. I think Elway was more lucky than good, and had a few key pieces fall his way.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...