Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I recall the exact moment when I learned that Justin Tuck was to become a NY Giant and came to realize just how very much the fruits of that 2005 Draft would mean to Packer fans.

I was a participant with many still current Packer fans and Packerrats when in Round 3 DE Justin Tuck (Notre Dame) was selected @ Pick NO.74 overall.....and arguably the finest pick in that Round

NOTE:

Frank Gore went early in Rd. 3 @ NO. 65 overall and after TT used his second pick in Round 2 @ NO. 58 overall to select WR Terrence Murphy - Texas A & M.. He of such bad fortune as would be the case and subsequent demise of FS Nick Collins.

** I recall the reaction to who TT selected in Round 2 @ Pick # 51 or....the Green Bay Packers picked FS Nick Collins, from Bethune-Cookman. I imagined that the cry of who? and from where? was ringing out all over Packer Nation.

Who dat guy !?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

woodbuck27: Watching the other team. A Head's Up !

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/2/...2016-nfl-draft

Report: Minnesota Vikings Interested In Drafting Derrick Henry?

By Christopher Gates  @DailyNorseman on Feb 3, 2016, 9:47AM

University of Alabama running back Derrick Henry, the 2015 Heisman Trophy winner.

" Two player-team connections I've heard so far that may be the pick if this player falls to their spot: RB Derrick Henry to the Vikings (surprising, but not without reason if they feel he's one of the few first-round prospects) and OT Jack Conklin to the Colts."
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...in-super-bowls

Matt Forte on future: 'I want to be in Super Bowls'

By: Chris Wesseling ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Feb. 5, 2016 at 07:06 p.m. ... Updated: Feb. 5, 2016 at 07:19 p.m

As of early December, the Bears had not offered the impending free agent a new contract, which means the 30-year-old running back is likely heading to the open market.

Appearing on Friday's edition of NFL Network's Super Bowl Live, Forte suggested that he would be willing to take less money to join a Super Bowl contender in 2016.

"It's not even about the money," Forte emphasized. "I want to be in the Super Bowls."

woodbuck27:

Here's the solution to any Eddie Lacy Issue (s).

I hope TT is paying attention or Mike McCarthy is paying attention or the Packers RB Coach is paying attention because...... I bet Packer Nation is paying attention.

Matt Forte is a very slid RB. He can run inside or outside and he can catch the ball and advance it up field after the catch. I'm excited that TT might try to land this solid RB. Matt Forte and Eddie Lacy in our backfield. Aaron Rodgers would be ecstatic.

Translation: he wants to play for Green Bay.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Matt Forte is a very slid RB.
    Indeed. He's a little old. Can't believe TT would spend significant money on a RB on the downside of his career.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Indeed. He's a little old. Can't believe TT would spend significant money on a RB on the downside of his career.
    Besides that he's a well known, proven player. TT's style is a no name street FA that went to the U of BFE.

Patriots LB Jerrod Mayo retires. He finished the year on IR for the 3rd straight year. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/16/jer...gland-patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Patriots LB Jerrod Mayo retires. He finished the year on IR for the 3rd straight year. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/16/jer...gland-patriots
    Brutal. He was a big piece that helped restore Hoody's defense after he went through a drought trying to rebuild it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mayo spent a long time being a tease and then finally grew into the hype. Fast forward two seasons and his body was disintegrating. Football is a harsh lover.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 6m6 minutes ago
    Not a single comment worthy of @JSComments. Disappointing.

Red! Quit slacking off!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    JS Comments ‏@JSComments 6m6 minutes ago
    Not a single comment worthy of @JSComments. Disappointing.

Red! Quit slacking off!
    Problem solved!

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 22m22 minutes ago
    Sadly,, Ted best move was a HUGE no brainer,Drafting Aaron Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about us getting Julius Peppers too. I think Thompson may tend to take a flier on a guy like Peppers or Forte more when they previously played for another team in the division, where he saw the guy perform twice a year against his guys.

Forte is a perfect fit for this offense right now. We need a capable receiving threat out of the backfield, and Forte can still provide that in abundance for a couple more years. Forte isn't a guy who can handle a 200+ carry workload anymore, so platooning would help extend his career. I just can't see many teams throwing money at Forte, and he's only going to consider going to a handful of teams. The price may be good enough to tempt Thompson to take a hard look...and the Packers are clearly pissed off at Lacy enough to view a capable insurance policy as necessary.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Problem solved!

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 22m22 minutes ago
    Sadly,, Ted best move was a HUGE no brainer,Drafting Aaron Rodgers
    But was it really? Rodgers was not going to be an impact player for us with Favre starting. I recall many loudly groaned when Ted picked Rodgers, decrying how we needed weapons for Favre. Ted was drafting for the future, what he still does much to the chagrin of many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But was it really? Rodgers was not going to be an impact player for us with Favre starting. I recall many loudly groaned when Ted picked Rodgers, decrying how we needed weapons for Favre. Ted was drafting for the future, what he still does much to the chagrin of many fans.
    The problem that was solved was someone saying something completely at odds with reality.

The problem that was solved was someone saying something completely at odds with reality.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What do you mean?
    The JSOComments Twitter account posts the dumbest things they can find posted as comments on the Journal Sentinel website. He posted the other day that there was nothing worthy of broadcasting (dumb enough to Tweet).

Shortly after they posted that, they found the Rodgers comment (no brainer to draft him) and they were back in business. That was the problem (JSO Comment's lack of material) that I was joking about being solved.

FWIW, drafting Rodgers was seen as great value but most fans were bewildered about taking a QB in Round 1 when there were so many other needs. So while it was probably a slam dunk from Ted's perspective, no fan thought it was the obvious move at the time. That is hindsight talking, which is what makes that comment truly stupid.

Jared Allen announces his retirement. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ter-12-seasons

Always respected that guy. Always played hard no matter what the score.

Blog Entries
    Played in the SB with a broken foot.

A 3 down, bust his ass player for his whole career.

A true gamer and hard core party guy, he was old school all the way.

Los Angeles Rams ‏@RamsNFL
    Rams release @JLaurinaitis55, @JOEL9ONE and @JaredCook89

That is TE Jared Cook, DE Chris Long and ILB James Laurinaitis. All available without pick compensation. Let the hectoring commence!

Los Angeles Rams ‏@RamsNFL
    Rams release @JLaurinaitis55, @JOEL9ONE and @JaredCook89

That is TE Jared Cook, DE Chris Long and ILB James Laurinaitis. All available without pick compensation. Let the hectoring commence!
    Cook or Laurinaitis could fill immediate needs in GB. Long's a very good player and I wouldn't get too upset if the Packers signed him but he might be the most expensive and the least need. I won't be surprised if he goes to Chicago. Fangio would know him somewhat and he'd be a good fit there.

Cook could be Finley in GB's offense, 10 cent head and all, and he might be interesting as a pairing with the Rodgerses. I'd imagine Sirimans will have some in-depth intel on him.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.