Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Rich Cimini Verified account @RichCimini

" ... Darrelle Revis, who could finish career as highest-paid non-QB in history, has parted ways w/ longtime agents Neil Schwartz + Jon Feinsod. ..."
    Surprising, as they have played his leverage into maximum money so far.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    When do OTAs start?
    May 23-24, May 26, June 1-3 and June 6-9. The mandatory minicamp is scheduled for June 14-16.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The voting for Super Bowl 53 is starting right now. We're covering it life on @nflnetwork

Ian is reporting for his life. If he gets it wrong or is scooped, he gets sent down the Running Man slide by Richard Dawson.

Reuters Sports ‏@ReutersSports 1h1 hour ago
    BREAKING: NFL says Super Bowl 53 to be played in Atlanta; Super Bowl 54 in South Florida; Super Bowl 55 in Los Angeles.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
    Super Bowl LI (2017) - Planet Hou
    Super Bowl LII (2018) - Minn
    Super Bowl LIII (2019) - Atl
    Super Bowl LIV (2020) - SoFla
    Super Bowl LV (2021) - LA
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4h4 hours ago
    Interestingly, Tyler Eifert injured ankle that now will have surgery at this year's Pro Bowl. Could cause him to miss opener, per source.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4h4 hours ago
    Interestingly, Tyler Eifert injured ankle that now will have surgery at this year's Pro Bowl. Could cause him to miss opener, per source.
    His ankle is at the pro bowl?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    His ankle is at the pro bowl?
    Predicting that he will need surgery during this year's Pro Bowl.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The way I read that, he will have surgery at the Pro Bowl.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Its hard to get to the comma from your iPhone keyboard. And no one want to hear Schefter shout "COMMA" to Siri in the office.

Broncos' Aqib Talib shot in leg in Dallas early Sunday morning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-wound-to-leg

The cornerback is in the middle of a six-year, $57 million contract with the defending Super Bowl champion Broncos that he signed back in 2014. This past season was perhaps his finest in the NFL, with three interceptions and two pick-six's on top of 39 tackles. His coverage skills helped propel the best pressure defense in the league.

However, Talib is no stranger to trouble in Texas, including an assault with a deadly weapon case that was later dismissed. He was also the subject of an aggravated assault charge a few years later. The investigation was suspended due to a lack of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Broncos' Aqib Talib shot in leg in Dallas early Sunday morning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-wound-to-leg
    Gee that's a shocker, he seems like such an upstanding young man.

NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports 9h9 hours ago
    .@NFL is now prohibiting exposed hoodies from being worn under uniforms. http://tw.nbcsports.com/LJ2D

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports 9h9 hours ago
    .@NFL is now prohibiting exposed hoodies from being worn under uniforms. http://tw.nbcsports.com/LJ2D
    The "James Jones Rule"??

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Sounds like Von Miller is playing some serious hardball with the Broncos on his new deal. Rumors are he's willing to sit out the season. Denver could go from SB champ to a 6 win team.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Sounds like Von Miller is playing some serious hardball with the Broncos on his new deal. Rumors are he's willing to sit out the season. Denver could go from SB champ to a 6 win team.
    6 might be low, but I doubt they'll see 10. Without Von Miller, you could be right though.

I'm not sure what to make of the Miller thing, he always felt like a flake to me. It seems to me that a contract like he wants will hamstring the team...and he doesn't care. I also wonder when the eventual round of pay cuts teams drop on other players comes around if they look sideways at the big dollar guys.

Something mentioned at PFT I didn't know
    Article 10, Section 15(c) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement provides that the Broncos can’t use the exclusive franchise tender on Miller in 2017 if he doesn’t play in 2016.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Can't really blame Miller. He's offended that the Broncos offered him 10+ mil LESS guaranteed money than guys like Olivier Vernon and Justin Houston received.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Can't really blame Miller. He's offended that the Broncos offered him 10+ mil LESS guaranteed money than guys like Olivier Vernon and Justin Houston received.
    Yup, and we know that most of the "big" contracts don't make it to the final couple of years. The only thing the players can really do to protect their financial interest is maximize the guaranteed money.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If Miller sits I have no sympathy for Denver. They went out and bought a SB team by signing a bunch of FAs and now the clock is about to strike midnight. Boo Freaking hoo.

If Miller sits I have no sympathy for Denver. They went out and bought a SB team by signing a bunch of FAs and now the clock is about to strike midnight. Boo Freaking hoo.
    Plenty of teams only wish they could pull off what Denver did. The list of failed 'bunch of FAs' attempts is long. They managed two SB berths, taking home the trophy once. And actually, didn't destroy the team in the process, I don't think they have any more holes to fill than any other team in a usual off-season. Of course, one of the holes is QB, which is the one spot you can't go shopping for.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    That's the regular FUD being spread around. Neither of those guys got $10M more guaranteed at signing.

Miller's offer was $39.8M fully guaranteed, to be paid out over two years.

Vernon got $40M fully guaranteed at signing, to be paid out over the first two years. The rest of the 'guarantee' Vernon got doesn't come into effect until the 3rd day of the league year in 2018.

Houston is a similar story, $32M guaranteed at signing, $35.5M paid out over the first two years. The final $10M of his 3rd year salary doesn't get guaranteed until the 2017. One way he did make out better is that part of his 2017 salary became guaranteed this year.

Miller can choose to be offended all he wants, but Denver placing the exclusive tag on his limited his option more than the other two.
    --

Blog Entries
    I agree........on other hand...KUDOS to Elway for buying a SB, and having it work !!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?