Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016. They retain option to move to L.A. in 2017. Spanos buying time to work out a stadium deal in San Diego.
    Don't know what to make of that. What are the chances the fans see it as a lame duck season and don't show up? I thought their move to LA was a done deal, is this just prolonging the inevitable?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Don't know what to make of that. What are the chances the fans see it as a lame duck season and don't show up? I thought their move to LA was a done deal, is this just prolonging the inevitable?
    woodbuck27: I'm not finding much on this in terms of the Chargers decision to play flip - flop and potentially flip again. I would think that many loyal San Diego Charger fans will be pissed and let go of their support for their team but what proportion will that be and will ticket buyers replace them?

I expect so. The NFL is a 'hot ticket'.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...o-los-angeles/

Chargers stadium

After all that, Chargers to stay – for now

Rams to LA; Chargers get one year to negotiate in San Diego

By Kevin Acee and David Garrick | 5:40 p.m. Jan. 12, 2016 | Updated, 9:47 p.m.

" While experts say the economic damage of the Chargers leaving would probably be minor at the most, San Diego’s image could have suffered outside the city and local community pride could have taken a hit, especially among the team’s more enthusiastic fans.

The Chargers’ departure would leave San Diego with only one franchise among the nation’s four major sports leagues: the Padres. The Clippers’ departure in 1984 cost the city its NBA franchise, and San Diego has never had an NHL team. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau