Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Sportrac and Over the Cap differ on the guarantee, and the cap hit to the Eagles if he is cut pre-June. Sportrac has it at $18M, Over the Cap has $22M. So they seem to differ on if anything is guaranteed now for 2017.
I used wrong figure used for his salary this year (4 rather than 7). But I still think the guaranteed money is easily dealt with in another contract/extension. $11 mil guaranteed is the ante for a starting QB these days. Splitting that between new signing bonus/roster bonus/salary is doable.

The cap hit to the Eagles is a big concern. They have some room, but not that much room. So they need relief because even the lower estimate of the cap hit is too much. I don't know if its possible to get that without waiting (which his new team will not want) or giving the money back.

But have to think Condon has worked out the numbers so its possible. So I think its still easier to get Bradford to a new contract than Kaepernick. Problem with Bradford is the cap hit. So the Broncos are still in play.