Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nesota-vikings

This won't have any impact on most here yet all the same this speedy WR got a look in Green Bay.

PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Eagles sign TE Zach Ertz to a 5 year, 42 million extension through 2021. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lion-extension

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Oh my! Zach Ertz!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Patriots fire offensive line coach. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ve-deguglielmo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Patriots fire offensive line coach. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ve-deguglielmo
    Did they fire the guy at the airport?

Hoody was pissed, I'd say.

13 different starters during the season, 37 different combinations?

I'd say the guy did well just to sort all that out.

19 hits on TB?

That was the stat that counted.

I'm really surprised by that. The Pats line was completely jacked this year, yet somehow they still managed to protect Brady pretty well (considering).

Not in this most recent game, obviously... Kind of smacks of reactionism. The Broncos have a better team than the Patriots. Sorry, Hoody.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Packers need to let Peppers go. I know he made the Pro Bowl but he should no longer play OLB. If the Packers want to keep him as a down linemen in pass rushing situations, or play him 20-25 snaps a game I think he could be of service. He played his best football when he had his hand in the ground in 2015.

I don't think free agency will be a factor for the Packers. My mind hurts right now so I don't feel like looking up any one that Packers could actually get for 2016. Plan on a heavy influx of first year players.

If Peppers plays next year it will be Reggie White, Carolina, 2000 territory. He took 2/3 plays off this year - at least. Great athlete who is out of gas.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Packers need to let Peppers go. I know he made the Pro Bowl but he should no longer play OLB. If the Packers want to keep him as a down linemen in pass rushing situations, or play him 20-25 snaps a game I think he could be of service. He played his best football when he had his hand in the ground in 2015.
    I agree, although I would favor keeping him for pass rush situations only. Unlike in 2014, this past year he made no plays in coverage that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If Peppers plays next year it will be Reggie White, Carolina, 2000 territory. He took 2/3 plays off this year - at least. Great athlete who is out of gas.
    Funny you should say that. I was just telling a buddy that is a huge Peppers fan. That if they keep Peppers I think he will end up being a detriment to the team like Reggie was his last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Funny you should say that. I was just telling a buddy that is a huge Peppers fan. That if they keep Peppers I think he will end up being a detriment to the team like Reggie was his last year.
    ...or Donald Driver in his, at least until they had sense enough to make him inactive for games.

I would keep Peppers. He's a quality pass rusher. No sign of dropping off.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I would keep Peppers. He's a quality pass rusher. No sign of dropping off.
    That is on the 5 plays a game that he goes all in.

Patriots lose another assistant coach. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ve-line-coach/

The way PFT reads sounds like he left the Pats. Was their LB coach for a year, then 2 years on D line, then another year with LB.

Going to Giants to coach the D line.

Previously they fired the O Line coach, Dave DeGuglielmo and their Strength and PEDS coach, Harold Nash.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-28-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing is...if we dump Peppers, we can use his money to actually acquire a quality YOUNG free agent who can help the team for years to come. I'm not sure that I agree he will be a detriment, but there was a clear drop-off in his play from last season to this season. He still had the sacks, but last year the guy was knocking down passes every game and grabbing INTs. You didn't see anything like that AT ALL this season. In fact, this was the first season that Peppers did not record a pass defensed the entire season in his career. It was also his career low in solo tackles.

He ain't going to suddenly get better...and is more than likely to decline at an accelerated rate going forward. He's not worth the money owed to him for 2016-17. The guy has put together a hell of a career, though.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

He might be old, but 10.5 sacks is nothing to sneeze at. Plus he still plays the run.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So would you rather re-sign Perry AND Neal and drop Peppers, or keep Peppers and be able to re-sign only one of them?

Or drop Peppers and re-sign Raji?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So would you rather re-sign Perry AND Neal and drop Peppers, or keep Peppers and be able to re-sign only one of them?

Or drop Peppers and re-sign Raji?
    Raji Perry is better than a pick or sack by pickled Peppers

I say you keep Peppers and make him situational, even if he needs to start to be happy (just guessing there). Helps pass rush and is solid in run even if coverage is on downside.

You keep Perry if you are optimistic about his shoulder, if not then keep Neal. This assumes each can be had for a modest 3 year deal.

I would actually prefer Guion as someone had his numbers being 20% better versus the run than Raji. You stick Guion and Pennell in and both guys can collapse the middle and both are taller than Raji so deflected passes might increase. But Guion, younger and more pass rush, might be more expensive. Raji as fall back is OK.

Then you need to find an ILB somewhere to allow Matthews to roam, mainly get out of coverage.

Bonus, find pass rushing OLB somewhere or find the key you lost to Mulumba last year. Mulumba should be an octopus like Neal out there.

Raiders talking to Sands owner Sheldon Adelson about moving to Las Vegas. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/29/oak...unlv-las-vegas Adelson has a net worth of about 28 billion.