Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Thompson was at the Badgers Pro Day on the first day of Free Agency. Where was Bill Belichick?

That, of course, drew the ire of those who believe Thompson’s well-established disdain for free agency continues to hold back the franchise from winning another championship. Never mind that New England’s head coach, general manager and chief popcorn vendor, Bill Belichick, spent the first day of free agency at Alabama’s pro day.
    http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...isn-t-spending
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Also from that Scout article:

— Former Bears running back Matt Forte, who the Packers seemed legitimately interested in, signed a three-year deal with the Jets worth $12 million, which included $8 million guaranteed. As a source told Packer Report on Wednesday, what the Packers really couldn’t match was role: Forte will be the No. 1 back for a pretty good Jets team; he would have been the No. 2 behind Eddie Lacy with Green Bay.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m18 minutes ago
    The #Browns announce they've waived QB Johnny Manziel.

Will Jerry Jones seize authority from his son to make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m18 minutes ago
    The #Browns announce they've waived QB Johnny Manziel.

Will Jerry Jones seize authority from his son to make it happen?
    I can't see anyone going near him at this point. He's committed the double sin of being a headache AND not being very good when he did play.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I can't see anyone going near him at this point. He's committed the double sin of being a headache AND not being very good when he did play.
    Having said this, there seems to be 3(!) potential landing spots for him. With Kaep on the trading block, the 49'ers. Broncos cupboard is bare (Manziel in a legal marijuana state? Yeoww!) and the Cowboys, although I don't know JJ has shown any interest since draft day. Are the stories about Manziel to the Cowboys still connect back to then?
    --

— Former Bears running back Matt Forte, who the Packers seemed legitimately interested in, signed a three-year deal with the Jets worth $12 million, which included $8 million guaranteed. As a source told Packer Report on Wednesday, what the Packers really couldn’t match was role: Forte will be the No. 1 back for a pretty good Jets team; he would have been the No. 2 behind Eddie Lacy with Green Bay.
    Yeah, that's the rub. Forte is still a viable starter, and might be for a year or two longer. We have Lacy and he should be in fine form next year. We should draft C.J. Prosise as our change-of-pace back. Let Starks get his payday from New England.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago
    Broncos acquire Mark Sanchez from Philly for conditional draft pick. Process has begun #9news #9sports

Ouch. Rebuilding sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 7m7 minutes ago
    Broncos acquire Mark Sanchez from Philly for conditional draft pick. Process has begun #9news #9sports

Ouch. Rebuilding sucks.

So they have their backup.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Having said this, there seems to be 3(!) potential landing spots for him. With Kaep on the trading block, the 49'ers. Broncos cupboard is bare (Manziel in a legal marijuana state? Yeoww!) and the Cowboys, although I don't know JJ has shown any interest since draft day. Are the stories about Manziel to the Cowboys still connect back to then?
    There's been a lot of buzz in Dallas papers about Jones' continued infatuation with Manziel. And he has taken risks on character risks before if he thinks the talent is there.

Lions hosting Russell Okung today.

As someone who despises the Lions and hopes the new GM is as piss-poor as the last two or three or four have been in Detroit, I find this strangely encouraging: spend all that cap money right away to plug holes! Now if the new guy trades up to get into the late first round for a second first round pick and gives up a second and third to do so, then I'll be happier.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Lions hosting Russell Okung today.

As someone who despises the Lions and hopes the new GM is as piss-poor as the last two or three or four have been in Detroit, I find this strangely encouraging: spend all that cap money right away to plug holes! Now if the new guy trades up to get into the late first round for a second first round pick and gives up a second and third to do so, then I'll be happier.
    You can be ecstatic at the money they paid Megatron's replacement.

Yes, they think he can be a #1A with Tate, but he couldn't do it even with AJ Green on the other side.

KYPack

Russell Okung's still decent but best days are behind him. Let Detroit sign him to a mega contract. He won't earn it, plus SEA loses their starting LT.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/27/92...e-abuse-policy

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant suspended 4 games for violating substance abuse policy

By Louis Bien  @louisbien on Aug 31, 2015, 3:45p
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Russell Okung's still decent but best days are behind him. Let Detroit sign him to a mega contract. He won't earn it, plus SEA loses their starting LT.
    He's only 28. No reason he can't give good value over the likely term of a contract.

Martavious was rumored to be in line for a year long ban. He just announced he was going to rehab. Wonder if he plea bargained?

http://www.profootballrumors.com/lat...in-kaepernick/

Latest On Colin Kaepernick

March 14th, 2016 at 3:29pm CST by Zach Links
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Bryant agreed to the year-long suspension and entered a drug rehab program in hopes of having his suspension reduced (a la Aldon Smith a few years back...)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/3/1...inals-patriots

Winners and losers of the Chandler Jones trade and a busy 2 days of NFL free agency

By Jon Benne  @LordBenne on Mar 16, 2016

The Patriots and Cardinals pulled off a stunning trade on Tuesday, and somehow both teams won. Eric Weddle, meanwhile, has a new home after a busy two days of NFL free agency. . . . . and more goings on... Winners and Losers.

Comment woodbuck27:

RE: Arizona,New England, Baltimore and signing WR Mike Wallace and Safety Eric Weddle and Backup QB Matt Moore Resigning with Miami.....are all considered by this writer as Winners !

The losers in deals or NO deals over the last couple of days is contained in this article....click on the LINK above please.

Andre Smith to the Vikings for a seemingly pretty good price, $3.5 million. This is a guy I would have liked the Packers to talk to, he missed a bit of time last year, but has been mostly healthy.

Andre Smith Verified account
    ‏@BigSmitty71

Minneapolis here I come...Excited to join the great Vikings organization today on a 1-yr deal!!#SKOLVikings!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-vikings/
    --