Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 16m16 minutes ago
    Didn't realize until Gus Bradley brought it up that Davon House finished third in passes defensed (27) last season
    I saw that right after the season ended. So does that mean House had a really good year, or that teams kept on going at him because he was a weak link?

Lions have signed a #3 wide receiver and a backup defensive tackle.

Who needs the draft?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...s-2016-pro-day

The Dallas Cowboys pick up RB Alfred Morris in FA. The Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris, formerly of the Redskins, to a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Breaking-d...wboys-44412118

Breaking down Alfred Morris signing with the Dallas Cowboys
    Jeffrey Kahn - 4 hours ago

1
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-22-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Cleveland Browns and their Starting QB plans:

On Mrch 20.2016..., Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk reported, "The Browns are making calls to people who know Robert Griffin III (RG3) to find out who may know more about the player and, specifically, his character.":

Also RE: Colin Kaepernick:

The Cleveland Browns 'reportedly' are willing to give up a third-round pick to acquire quarterback Colin Kaepernick but Kaepernick reportedly isn't willing to reduce his $12 million salary far enough to get the deal done.

Robert Griffin III, can be acquired without compensation to any team and far less than $12 million.

The Browns possibly will give Griffin a chance to turn around his career with a franchise that has been trying to turn itself around for more than a decade.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

It's been announced on the NFL Network that RG III has signed a two Year 15 M Contract with Cleveland.

In other news:

The Denver Broncos remain in a holding pattern and hopes to attain QB Colin Kaepernick?

http://www.9news.com/sports/rgiii-jo...nick/100151161

NOTE:

Cleveland has started 24 quarterbacks since 1999 and the team is expected to take one with the No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft. That rookie — possibly California's Jared Goff or North Dakota State's Carson Wentz.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-26-2016 at 06:26 PM.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...on-for-broncos

Nick Ferguson thinks Colin Kaepernick would be the best option for Denver Broncos

By Tim Lynch  @TimLynch1978 on Mar 26, 2016, 12:00 AM

Further evidence of the decline of Western Civilization:

"There is no dilemma to be honest with you," Tomlin said at the AFC coaches breakfast at the NFL owners meetings. "We were over 70% sub-package defense last year, which means offenses had three wide receivers on the field and we had five defensive backs over 70% of the time.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/373090061.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^^ That reminds me of talking with Capers and Trgovic. But both didn't call nickel a 'sub-package,' they called it base.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3...on-for-broncos

Nick Ferguson thinks Colin Kaepernick would be the best option for Denver Broncos

By Tim Lynch  @TimLynch1978 on Mar 26, 2016, 12:00 AM
    I know people were talking about pitchers losing it in the other? thread. If there's an analog in football to that, Kap is it. He couldn't find the strike zone at all last year. For his sake, I hope he was hurt. RGIII is kinda the same way. For long, long suffering Brownie fans, I hope he (re) learns to throw a strike, (and /or they draft Wentz).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-away-by-offer

Niners to keep Kaepernick unless .... blown away by offer

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: March 29, 2016 at 10:12 a.m. ...Updated: March 29, 2016 at 11:09 a.m

" ...NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday night on NFL Network's Total Access that the San Francisco 49ers won't cut the quarterback before his contract becomes fully guaranteed on April 1. Rapoport added that the Niners also won't trade Kaepernick unless they are "blown away" by an offer.

Don't expect a "blown away" type of offer to materialize anytime soon. ..."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-detroit-lions

Veteran RB Stevan Ridley to visit Detroit Lions

By Kevin Patra ...Around the NFL writer

Published: March 29, 2016 at 07:25 a.m. Updated: March 29, 2016 at 08:27 a.m.

Colin Kaepernick is being compared to post-AFC Championship Bernie Kosar. That's not a good sign.

http://www.footballperspective.com/c...aight-seasons/

Kosar is probably the best comparison for Kaepernick, even if stylistically the two were very, very different. Kosar was a very talented quarterback physically, as is Kaepernick. Kosar reached three conference championship games by the age of 26; Kaepernick reached two and the Super Bowl by that age. Kosar’s decline was pretty significant, too: he led the NFL in ANY/A in ’87, was just above-average in ’88 and ’89, and then far below average in ’90. Kaepernick ranked 2nd in ANY/A1 in 2012, was above average in ’13, below average in ’14, and then bad in ’15. Overall, Kosar ranked just 14th out of 22 quarterbacks in ANY/A from ’87 to ’90 despite the dominant first season in that stretch, while Kaepernick ranked 22nd out of 36 from ’12 to ’15.
    Kosar was hurt, both a leg injury I think and an elbow problem. CK might be hurt as well. However, I suspect his team, coach and GM are responsible for the last year of his drop. We'll see.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6556/justin-houston

The NFL Network reported this morning that The Chiefs are now concerned that DE Justin Houston may be lost for the 2016 season. If this is the case that would place considerable pressure on a weak Chiefs Secondary.

Justin Houston has 56 Sacks in 5 seasons. He's recovered 4 fumbles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ps-joe-montana

I am not old enough to remember Brett's Superbowl appearances. Do you Rats agree with the top 5?
    Life deals you a lot lessons, some people learn from it, some people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Forerunner View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ps-joe-montana

I am not old enough to remember Brett's Superbowl appearances. Do you Rats agree with the top 5?
    You are making me feel old.

I don't know if I'd place Brett that high but definitely top 10. Bart isn't getting enough love tbh.

Boy oh boy. That is a flawed list. The SB era, IMO, should be parsed further into at least two if not three different sub eras.

It's apples and oranges, Comparing Brady to Starr.

7 Patriots fans suing NFL over DeflateGate.

“Plaintiffs have dealt with embarrassment, ridicule and depression due to the rest of the country who is jealous of the Patriots ‘piling on’ and criticizing the Patriots and their fans for being ‘cheaters,‘” the lawsuit reads, according to NESN.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    7 Patriots fans suing NFL over DeflateGate.
    Shit like this. Our society needs an enema in the worst way. A good Alien Invasion or the return of ravening hordes of Smilodons or Terminators or something to rid us of these fucktards.

Sports has all gotten ridiculous. It's turning into some interactive computer game where everyone thinks it's set on "easy" mode and your team should win the SB every year. And it's done under the macho guise of "I don't accept losing as okay" which is complete bullshit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Apparently they never shipped any of those game systems to Cleveland.