Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    The Sam Bradford demanding a trade is an interesting development. I just read an interesting article about that: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/2...gles-nfl-draft

I think Bradford and Condon are overplaying their hand. I recently heard a former NFL player say the only year that the team wasn't trying to replace him (or at least create competition to replace him) was the year he was drafted. That's a funny, if not true statement about the NFL. Why would Bradford think it's any different for him, or that he should be entitled to any kind of security when his career to this point has been either riddled with injury or average to below average QB play? Granted, the situations are somewhat different, but Drew Brees seemed to handle the Chargers bringing in Phillip Rivers better than Bradford is handling his current situation with the Eagles. Granted, Brees was entering the last season of his rookie deal, and Bradford is a "middle-aged" QB, but the point is, go out on the field and prove your worth and let the chips fall where they may. Make it hard for them to play the rookie.

Given Bradford's meh career, somewhat due to injuries, somewhat due to his level of play, I think he's in no position to dictate any terms, and if his agent agrees with Sam's approach, then he better have a landing spot for him where they will take on his big money contract.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

It's so weird. He signs this huge contract and now wants out?

How millennial.

Its called leverage. The Eagles are drafting his replacement and they aren't going to keep Bradford around at that price to backup.

Even the backstory the Eagles are putting out there gives Bradford one year as the starter. If he waits, he gets dumped and loses much of the current contract.

He pitches a fit now, when there is no clear alternative, he can restructure that deal OR get a new one. Its all about contract certainty and Bradford's contract is now not certain past one year. Its probably not even assured this year. Not many Top 5 QBs end up not starting for the team that drafts them in Year 1.

Its not millennial, its risk management. The third oldest profession.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hell, if he's got one year as a starter, then if he makes it a good one he'll clean up the following year when they trade him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Diva

The Eagles are seeking to punish him by trading him to the Jets. They supposedly had a preliminary discussion.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Eagles are seeking to punish him by trading him to the Jets. They supposedly had a preliminary discussion.
    Kidding? Or honest report?

The Eagles can't seem to figure themselves out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Kidding? Or honest report?

The Eagles can't seem to figure themselves out at this point.
    Honest report. Jets were said to have contacted the Eagles. All preliminary.

EDIT: Well, you have my apologies. My memory is weakening. It was the Broncos calling.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    #Broncos called the #Eagles on Sam Bradford. It was very preliminary, no compensation was discussed. PHI still not inclined to move him.

In other QB news, does any player feel less wanted than Kaepernick? Talk about falling faster than a bowling ball rolling off a table.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    NFL Network reporting the Eagles only want a 4th rounder

SAM BRADFORD.............DUDE MUST HAVE SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL

He was the last QB picked NUMBER ONE before the rookie cap....made a f'ckload of money....then the Eagles give him another shitpile....and he hasn't accomplished

jackshit
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I also loved me some Nick Collins.

On his way to the HOF when prematurely derailed.

His pick in the SB will never be forgotten.

He loved to run with the ball after a pick.

^ Loved his celebration after it too.

And then they threw the flag.

I would be shocked if Bradford doesn't end up on the Broncos.

Blog Entries
    me too; and Bradford would be a nice fit on the Broncos....IMO better than Kapernicker.......they'll end up trading a late 4th
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I would be shocked if Bradford doesn't end up on the Broncos.
    good call
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    If Denver couldn't afford CK's cap number, how can they afford Bradford's? The Jets makes way more sense. They can give the money to Bradford instead of Fitzpatrick, and Bradford won't feel like he's looking over his shoulder with Gino Smith as the backup.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    If Denver couldn't afford CK's cap number, how can they afford Bradford's? The Jets makes way more sense. They can give the money to Bradford instead of Fitzpatrick, and Bradford won't feel like he's looking over his shoulder with Gino Smith as the backup.
    every time something sounds good, someone drops the cap on my ass.

If Philly trades him after June 1, they have 5.5 against the cap this year and next. Trade before and it's 11 mil. 12.5 mil if they keep him. So either they keep him or they trade after June 1. Assume team that picks him up would have the 12.5 mil cap figure this year. That is a lot.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bradford got $11 mil in bonus and has a $7 mil salary this year. Broncos would only owe the $7 mil. He has a $4 mil roster bonus next year and $13 mil in salary for 2017 the there is no guarantee he will see (cap hit to release for Eagles is $5.5 mil). Bradford wants longer term and more early money and there is only one year that needs to be dealt with by new team.

Kaepernick got paid $12 mil in signing bonus the Broncos don't have to fork over and the contract is year by year. But he does get $11.9 mil in salary in 2016. Broncos don't want a 5 year deal on the books at that pay rate, CK has limited incentive to reduce it.

I don't enjoy thinking about the cap

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    In other QB news, does any player feel less wanted than Kaepernick? Talk about falling faster than a bowling ball rolling off a table.
    If I cared enough, I would try to dig up the old thread where the naysayers were saying how Kap and his ilk were going to change the face of the NFL forever, blah blah blah. This was during SF's NFCCG run under whats his face. Fast forward a couple of years and the guy is barely employable.