Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bradford got $11 mil in bonus and has a $7 mil salary this year. Broncos would only owe the $7 mil. He has a $4 mil roster bonus next year and $13 mil in salary for 2017 the there is no guarantee he will see (cap hit to release for Eagles is $5.5 mil). Bradford wants longer term and more early money and there is only one year that needs to be dealt with by new team.

Kaepernick got paid $12 mil in signing bonus the Broncos don't have to fork over and the contract is year by year. But he does get $11.9 mil in salary in 2016. Broncos don't want a 5 year deal on the books at that pay rate, CK has limited incentive to reduce it.
    Several sites report that $4 million of his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed now, and another $4 million in 2017 is guaranteed against injury. This would be consistent with the reports that there was $22 million guaranteed at the time of signing ($11M signing bonus, $7M 2016 salary and $4M 2017 salary). If true, the Broncos would be on the hook for at least $7 million this year and $4 million next year.

Edit- Over the Cap lists the Eagles cap hit to release him pre-June this year at $22M, which is consistent with the 2016 and 2017 salary guarantees above.
    Last edited by Patler; 04-28-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Can anyone please tell me how to get to Howie Roseman's office? I must warn him of our mistake.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't enjoy thinking about the cap
    Just you tell that Mr. C_P that you think the cap situation for Bradford and the Broncos isn't insurmountable.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Several sites report that $4 million of his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed now, and another $4 million in 2017 is guaranteed against injury. This would be consistent with the reports that there was $22 million guaranteed at the time of signing ($11M signing bonus, $7M 2016 salary and $4M 2017 salary). If true, the Broncos would be on the hook for at least $7 million this year and $4 million next year.

Edit- Over the Cap lists the Eagles cap hit to release him pre-June this year at $22M, which is consistent with the 2016 and 2017 salary guarantees above.
    Spotrac agrees with those numbers. $11 million of the guarantee has been taken care of. $4 million guaranteed in salary this year is not hard to absorb. That leave the $4 million partially guaranteed roster bonus to deal with which could be made a signing bonus (or kept since its just year 2 money). $8 mil guaranteed to you starter for two years isn't terrible.

The problem is only the cap hit and timing. Not sure there is a way around that other than to wait. He could pay most of it back as he signs a new deal.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Spotrac agrees with those numbers. $11 million of the guarantee has been taken care of. $4 million guaranteed in salary this year is not hard to absorb. That leave the $4 million partially guaranteed roster bonus to deal with which could be made a signing bonus (or kept since its just year 2 money). $8 mil guaranteed to you starter for two years isn't terrible.

The problem is only the cap hit and timing. Not sure there is a way around that other than to wait. He could pay most of it back as he signs a new deal.
    You've lost me. My understanding from Over the Cap is this:

$11M signing bonus falls to the Eagles.

$7 M guaranteed salary for 2016 salary falls to whoever has him in 2016, split if he is traded during 2016 season.

$4 M guaranteed for 2017 salary falls to whoever has him in 2017, or to whoever last had him if he is released.

That would make up the $22M fully guaranteed as of today.

Sportrac and Over the Cap differ on the guarantee, and the cap hit to the Eagles if he is cut pre-June. Sportrac has it at $18M, Over the Cap has $22M. So they seem to differ on if anything is guaranteed now for 2017.

You've lost me. My understanding from Over the Cap is this:

$11M signing bonus falls to the Eagles.

$7 M guaranteed salary for 2016 salary falls to whoever has him in 2016, split if he is traded during 2016 season.

$4 M guaranteed for 2017 salary falls to whoever has him in 2017, or to whoever last had him if he is released.

That would make up the $22M fully guaranteed as of today.

Sportrac and Over the Cap differ on the guarantee, and the cap hit to the Eagles if he is cut pre-June. Sportrac has it at $18M, Over the Cap has $22M. So they seem to differ on if anything is guaranteed now for 2017.
    A mess any which way you look at it. This deal looked awful when the signed him to it, and even worse now. WHAT were they thinking? I can't see anyone else paying him that, they had to be bidding against themselves.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I used wrong figure used for his salary this year (4 rather than 7). But I still think the guaranteed money is easily dealt with in another contract/extension. $11 mil guaranteed is the ante for a starting QB these days. Splitting that between new signing bonus/roster bonus/salary is doable.

The cap hit to the Eagles is a big concern. They have some room, but not that much room. So they need relief because even the lower estimate of the cap hit is too much. I don't know if its possible to get that without waiting (which his new team will not want) or giving the money back.

But have to think Condon has worked out the numbers so its possible. So I think its still easier to get Bradford to a new contract than Kaepernick. Problem with Bradford is the cap hit. So the Broncos are still in play.

The Eagles are seeking to punish him by trading him to the Jets. They supposedly had a preliminary discussion.
    Sounds like Favregate.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

There would be no problem at all for the Eagles to trade him this year, just a cap hit of $11M, which is less than the cap hit to keep him. They actually gain cap space by trading him.

The acquiring team could have two years for the remaining $25M, their biggest problem would be that it would be skewed heavily toward 2017, so they would need to plan. If they dumped him before next season they would have $7M against 2016 and at least $4M against 2017, if in fact $4M of 2017 is guaranteed already..

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There would be no problem at all for the Eagles to trade him this year, just a cap hit of $11M, which is less than the cap hit to keep him. They actually gain cap space by trading him.
    and I saw after June 1, that 11M would be split over two years. For Philly it really comes down to what they can get for him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Sounds like Favregate.
    not even close. Guy hasn't even taken a snap yet for Philly and his replacement isn't even a pro yet.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Honest report. Jets were said to have contacted the Eagles. All preliminary.

EDIT: Well, you have my apologies. My memory is weakening. It was the Broncos calling.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    #Broncos called the #Eagles on Sam Bradford. It was very preliminary, no compensation was discussed. PHI still not inclined to move him.
    A good 'no move on that 'Sad Sam'' by the Jets.

Elway is in the doo doo.

After Sanchez and the Broncos Starting Center; John Elway is stepping on the rest of the starting ' O's ' shit.

That's over the top too much shit now at Mile High Stadium. I can't wait to see what Elway does to steer a course out of it.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

OK. $11mil bonus - $7mil salary -$5.5 pro-rated bonus yields a $1.5 million cap savings. Where does Spotrac get $18 mil of dead money?

dp

OK. $11mil bonus - $7mil salary -$5.5 pro-rated bonus yields a $1.5 million cap savings. Where does Spotrac get $18 mil of dead money?
    The $18M hit is if they were to release him this year, pre-June. I assume it is the $11M signing bonus, all of which would be accelerated into 2016, and his 2016 salary of $7M that is guaranteed. They don't seem to recognize the $4M guaranteed for 2017 that Over the Cap includes.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

That's over the top too much shit now at Mile High Stadium. I can't wait to see what Elway does to steer a course out of it.
    He's probably spending more time steering around his new LOMBARDI TROPHY

The $18M hit is if they were to release him this year, pre-June. I assume it is the $11M signing bonus, all of which would be accelerated into 2016, and his 2016 salary of $7M that is guaranteed. They don't seem to recognize the $4M guaranteed for 2017 that Over the Cap includes.
    Yeah, that's the disconnect. I was starting from their number.

So that is one way Condon might be able to facilitate a deal. Rework the Eagles deal to change the guarantees and the cap hit.

Philadelphia fans are really into long term rebuilding these days.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
    Denver does not expect Philadelphia to trade Sam Bradford to Broncos or to any team, per sources. Broncos now mulling other QB options.

Philadelphia fans are really into long term rebuilding these days.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
    Denver does not expect Philadelphia to trade Sam Bradford to Broncos or to any team, per sources. Broncos now mulling other QB options.
    Maybe they pick a LT?

Laremy Tunsil , Ronnie Stanley or Jack Conklin.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Colin Kaepernick: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation Surrounding 49ers QB's Future

By Adam Wells , Featured Columnist