Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016. They retain option to move to L.A. in 2017. Spanos buying time to work out a stadium deal in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016. They retain option to move to L.A. in 2017. Spanos buying time to work out a stadium deal in San Diego.
    Don't know what to make of that. What are the chances the fans see it as a lame duck season and don't show up? I thought their move to LA was a done deal, is this just prolonging the inevitable?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Don't know what to make of that. What are the chances the fans see it as a lame duck season and don't show up? I thought their move to LA was a done deal, is this just prolonging the inevitable?
    woodbuck27: I'm not finding much on this in terms of the Chargers decision to play flip - flop and potentially flip again. I would think that many loyal San Diego Charger fans will be pissed and let go of their support for their team but what proportion will that be and will ticket buyers replace them?

I expect so. The NFL is a 'hot ticket'.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...o-los-angeles/

Chargers stadium

After all that, Chargers to stay – for now

Rams to LA; Chargers get one year to negotiate in San Diego

By Kevin Acee and David Garrick | 5:40 p.m. Jan. 12, 2016 | Updated, 9:47 p.m.

" While experts say the economic damage of the Chargers leaving would probably be minor at the most, San Diego’s image could have suffered outside the city and local community pride could have taken a hit, especially among the team’s more enthusiastic fans.

The Chargers’ departure would leave San Diego with only one franchise among the nation’s four major sports leagues: the Padres. The Clippers’ departure in 1984 cost the city its NBA franchise, and San Diego has never had an NHL team. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I hope that happens, though it probably more leverage to squeeze more money out of San Diego.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I hope that happens, though it probably more leverage to squeeze more money out of San Diego.
    There has been talk of a ballot initiative either in the June primary or November general election.

The train wreck that is Manziel continues.

Another incident with a girlfriend
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...el-girlfriend/

During which the police decided they needed to scramble a helicopter to find him
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-helicopter/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Good grief. That might be the end if there is anything to it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

When will it occur to the Browns that you don't want your starting QB to be a guy who constantly makes bad decisions? I think Hue Jackson gets it, but not the Browns front office yet.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    When will it occur to the Browns that you don't want your starting QB to be a guy who constantly makes bad decisions? I think Hue Jackson gets it, but not the Browns front office yet.
    That wasn't a 'front office' pick - it was an owner pick (so I've heard). And the same source(s) say the owner was relaying 'play Johnny' instructions via the now fired 'GM.'

Cleveland is a tire fire because of the owner. If he stops meddling, they might improve.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That wasn't a 'front office' pick - it was an owner pick (so I've heard). And the same source(s) say the owner was relaying 'play Johnny' instructions via the now fired 'GM.'

Cleveland is a tire fire because of the owner. If he stops meddling, they might improve.
    When I said front office I was including the owner. Because he does meddle.

Blog Entries
    This kid might just be totally insane.

He should have destroyed his cell phone when shit like this happens.

Report Calvin Johnson is retiring at age 30. Playing for the Lions will do that to you. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/31/cal...ons-retirement

Lions will suddenly have a lot of cap room.

Report Calvin Johnson is retiring at age 30. Playing for the Lions will do that to you. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/31/cal...ons-retirement

Lions will suddenly have a lot of cap room.
    WOW ! Injuries caught up to Calvin Johnson. He was fun and sometimes scary to watch.

**I wasn't so long ago that he had a monster season ( 2012 Season - 122 Receptions for 1984 Yards ( 16.1 YPC and 122 T/G and yet 'only 5 TD's'.

** The following Season or 2013 Megatron had 12 TD's in 14 games on 84 Receptions for 1,492 Yards (17.8 Y/R and 106.6

** He had a whomping 16 TD's in the 2011 Season. He score 12 TD's in each of the 2008 and 2010 Seasons.

If he does retire (and stay retired) he'll have a grand total Of 83 TD's in a 9 year career spanning the 2007-2015 Seasons.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Justin Tuck announces retirement. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ter-11-seasons

I recall the exact moment when I learned that Justin Tuck was to become a NY Giant and came to realize just how very much the fruits of that 2005 Draft would mean to Packer fans.

I was a participant with many still current Packer fans and Packerrats when in Round 3 DE Justin Tuck (Notre Dame) was selected @ Pick NO.74 overall.....and arguably the finest pick in that Round

NOTE:

Frank Gore went early in Rd. 3 @ NO. 65 overall and after TT used his second pick in Round 2 @ NO. 58 overall to select WR Terrence Murphy - Texas A & M.. He of such bad fortune as would be the case and subsequent demise of FS Nick Collins.

** I recall the reaction to who TT selected in Round 2 @ Pick # 51 or....the Green Bay Packers picked FS Nick Collins, from Bethune-Cookman. I imagined that the cry of who? and from where? was ringing out all over Packer Nation.

Who dat guy !?

woodbuck27: Watching the other team. A Head's Up !

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/2/...2016-nfl-draft

Report: Minnesota Vikings Interested In Drafting Derrick Henry?

By Christopher Gates  @DailyNorseman on Feb 3, 2016, 9:47AM

University of Alabama running back Derrick Henry, the 2015 Heisman Trophy winner.

" Two player-team connections I've heard so far that may be the pick if this player falls to their spot: RB Derrick Henry to the Vikings (surprising, but not without reason if they feel he's one of the few first-round prospects) and OT Jack Conklin to the Colts."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...in-super-bowls

Matt Forte on future: 'I want to be in Super Bowls'

By: Chris Wesseling ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Feb. 5, 2016 at 07:06 p.m. ... Updated: Feb. 5, 2016 at 07:19 p.m

As of early December, the Bears had not offered the impending free agent a new contract, which means the 30-year-old running back is likely heading to the open market.

Appearing on Friday's edition of NFL Network's Super Bowl Live, Forte suggested that he would be willing to take less money to join a Super Bowl contender in 2016.

"It's not even about the money," Forte emphasized. "I want to be in the Super Bowls."

woodbuck27:

Here's the solution to any Eddie Lacy Issue (s).

I hope TT is paying attention or Mike McCarthy is paying attention or the Packers RB Coach is paying attention because...... I bet Packer Nation is paying attention.

Matt Forte is a very slid RB. He can run inside or outside and he can catch the ball and advance it up field after the catch. I'm excited that TT might try to land this solid RB. Matt Forte and Eddie Lacy in our backfield. Aaron Rodgers would be ecstatic.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Matt Forte is a very slid RB.
    Indeed. He's a little old. Can't believe TT would spend significant money on a RB on the downside of his career.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Browns will release Johnny Manziel in March.

Browns director of football operations Sashi Brown released a statement on Manziel’s latest incident Tuesday.

“We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field,” Brown said. “Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules.”

Browns will release Johnny Manziel in March.
    Hello then for St. Patrick's Day.