Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah, that's the disconnect. I was starting from their number.

So that is one way Condon might be able to facilitate a deal. Rework the Eagles deal to change the guarantees and the cap hit.
    I don't see why he would have to. It doesn't matter if any of 2017 is guaranteed now or not. In the event of a trade before the season starts, the Eagles are on the hook for only the signing bonus, thereby gaining cap space, and their trade partner would be on the hook for the balance and have two years with Bradford on their roster.
    Eagles cap position improves.
    Their trade partner gets a moderately priced QB for two years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Marshawn Lynch Placed on Seahawks' Reserve/Retired List

By Scott Polacek , Featured Columnist May 5, 2016

" ...The Seattle Seahawks announced that they placed former running back Marshawn Lynch on the reserve/retired list Thursday, making his retirement more official, per John Boyle of the team's official website.

Lynch has not filled out his retirement papers yet, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. Gregg Bell of the News Tribune reported that the team opted to put him on the list before June 1, thereby choosing to pay all of Lynch's remaining $5 million this coming season. ... "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...m_campaign=nfl

Ode to 'Beast Mode': Marshawn Lynch was a grounded star in a pass-heavy era

" ..It would be nice to say that Lynch changed the game, and that his imprint will be felt for years after his last carry, and that he’ll be followed by an army of imitators.

But it’s really the opposite — no team is really trying to imitate the way the Seahawks played with Lynch. ... "
    David Steele
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

If Jeff Fisher doesn't permanently doom the Rams, their owner seems willing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-kurt-warner/

The kid from Northern Iowa can see,” said Kroenke, who at a the time a minority owner with the Rams. “He’s got vision. It’s like a really good point guard. Some guys have it, some guys don’t. Whether it’s Arena Football that gave it to him or whatever, but he can see.”
    versus

Although Vermeil told Thomas that Vermeil doesn’t recall the conversation, former Rams G.M. Charley Armey was unequivocal.

“The decision to keep Kurt Warner was 100 percent Dick Vermeil,” Armey told Thomas. “Everybody was lobbying for other people, including the next year when Trent Green got hurt. Some guys wanted Jeff Hostetler and some guys wanted Jeff George. Dick Vermeil stuck to his guns.”

Vermeil added that Kroenke was “almost timid” regarding the Rams in those days, perhaps in deference to the late Georgia Frontiere, who became majority owner after her husband, Carroll Rosenbloom, died in 1979.

Thomas also points out that Kroenke had limited opportunities to evaluate Warner in 1998. He missed the offseason program, because he was playing in NFL Europe. Also, Warner threw a total of four passes in the preseason.

“So apparently either Kroenke is a quick study in terms of what little he may have seen on the practice field,” Thomas writes. “Or he was grinding out practice tape or NFL Europe film in his spare time.”
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-09-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Why can't we have a GM/owner who can properly evaluate players without even seeing them play? #TTneedstogo
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Melvin Gordon had microfracture surgery in January:

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/ha...change-deniers

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Melvin Gordon had microfracture surgery in January:

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/ha...change-deniers
    Patler, I think you posted the wrong link.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Patler, I think you posted the wrong link.
    Sorry about that!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...m_campaign=nfl

Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick desperately need to find middle ground with contract

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, May 9, 2016, 9:21 PM

" Jets GM Mike Maccagnan’s decision to pick a Fitz Fight is absurd and could ultimately be the knockout punch to the Jets season "

In addition to the Rams, you can scratch off the Colts from seriously competing in the NFL for a while. I just realized that not not only is Rob Chudzinski his OC, but Brian Schottenheimer is his QB coach.

Players make the team what it is, so this won't be the Browns, but it will be the Browns-iest version of a good QB ever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-luck-plays/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In addition to the Rams, you can scratch off the Colts from seriously competing in the NFL for a while. I just realized that not not only is Rob Chudzinski his OC, but Brian Schottenheimer is his QB coach.

Players make the team what it is, so this won't be the Browns, but it will be the Browns-iest version of a good QB ever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ew-luck-plays/
    Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, the Colts are the Charlie Browniest.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ouch.

nick pants ‏@nick_pants 3m3 minutes ago
    angels trolling st. louis fans right now

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nf...231456125.html

Shutdown Corner

Terrible neck injury forces Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette to retire

By Frank Schwab 13 hours ago

" ...When Seattle Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette fell to the turf in Dallas and didn't move last season, and when he stayed down for a long time afterward, you knew he had just suffered a serious injury.

As it turns out, the hit ended Lockette's career.

Lockette, who will turn 30 on May 21, will announce his retirement on Wednesday, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said. ...."

At the end of it he dropped his water bottle.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
    Willie Gault just ran an 11.3-second 100-meter dash. Willie Gault is 55 years old.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 2h2 hours ago
    Right now MN seems to have that fire. Green Bay is getting left behind.

THEIR PRESS RELEASE GAME HAS BEEN ON FIRE THIS OFFSEASON!

At the end of it he dropped his water bottle.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
    Willie Gault just ran an 11.3-second 100-meter dash. Willie Gault is 55 years old.

Let's see how he does in a 10K

http://hollywoodsocialtrends.com/esp...html?c1=t0m223

Sad Day for Patriots Fans: Brady's Suspension Reinstated!

" ...Like many other NFL superstars, Brady was caught off guard when the NFL added performance-enhancing supplements like: T90X and NO2Blast to the NFL's Prohibited Substances list. Offenders would be fined $25,000 and could be suspended for a maximum of 1 game. Judge Katzmann ruled in favor of the NFL and allowed the NFL to reinstate Brady's 4 game suspension due to his violation. ... "

" ...When Brady was asked how he felt about the court ruling, he didn't hesitate to show his frustration as he told reporters , "I'm very upset obviously.. Anyone would be in my situation when suspended 4 games for taking training supplements that carry only a maximum of 1 game suspension... " ... "

I combined T90X and P90X and a month later I beat the shit out of 42 people.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago
    Whaley night of draft: "It's nothing that we're really worried about or we wouldn't take him. We've got complete faith in our medical staff"

SHAQ LAWSON OUT FOR 4-6 MONTHS

David J. Chao, MD
    ‏@ProFootballDoc David J. Chao, MD Retweeted BillsMafia
    Typically minimum 4 month recovery.
    Definite PUP, hoping for quick recovery to make Week 1, possible to miss games.

REX RYAN!!!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 20m20 minutes ago
    One source said that multiple teams took Lawson off of their draft board because of shoulder concerns. (Lawson said Jaguars flagged him.)
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-16-2016 at 02:21 PM.