Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Laurinaitis is interesting. His numbers have been down lately from what they were earlier in his career, so I don't know if he's declining. Rams cleared 5.5 million in cap space by releasing him, so that might be the main reason the cut him, not necessarily his performance.

Cook was a real disappointment last season.

Long claimed in his statement that he has been playing terribly for 2 years. Haven't seen anything on the other two.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is TE Jared Cook
    6 targets, 1 reception, 8 yards. Finleyesque!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-comments-and- reaction?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newslett er&utm_campaign=nfl

Stephen Tulloch to Be Released by Lions: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

By: Matt Fitzgerald , Featured Columnist ... Feb 18, 2016

" Per Spotrac, Tulloch would have been a $7.3 million cap hit in 2016. The Lions will save $6 million in cap space by letting him go, since the dead cap penalty is only $1.3 million. ... "

" The 31-year-old missed 13 games in 2014 because of a torn ACL he suffered celebrating a sack. Otherwise he's proved to be a productive, savvy veteran who started all 16 games for the Lions this past year, registering 107 combined tackles, one sack and one forced fumble." .... "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Insider Buzz: Jaguars Planning Free-Agency Splurge, Targeting Top Pass-Rushers

By Team Stream Now , B/R Video Feb 18, 2016

" According to multiple sources around the league, the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to be huge spenders in the free-agent market this offseason.

Who are some of the Jaguars' top targets? Why are they focused primarily on premium pass-rushers? "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Randy Gregory of Dallas suspended 4 games for substance abuse. He failed a drug test at the Combine and is now suspended after his rookie year. Nothing like getting your career off to a good start.

Wasn't Gregory one of the red flag guys before the draft?

Are teams dumping players earlier than normal or was it just the few announcements this week make it seem that way? Lions actually have some cap sanity this year and Tulloch seems to have been released because of age. Rams didn't seem to be in trouble either.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Are teams dumping players earlier than normal or was it just the few announcements this week make it seem that way? Lions actually have some cap sanity this year and Tulloch seems to have been released because of age. Rams didn't seem to be in trouble either.
    Gregory would have been a 1st round pick if not for the red flags.

I wonder if the Rams are clearing cap space to make a big splash in FA to sell the team to the new fans. Peyton Manning maybe?

8 teams have more than 40 million in cap space. Could be a crazy free agency season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    8 teams have more than 40 million in cap space. Could be a crazy free agency season.
    That's like 200 million dollars or so! You could sign a starting pitcher with that kind of cash!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries

Tested + for weed AT THE COMBINE.

What is the NFL gonna do now that weed is totally legal in 2 towns and basically legal in 3 others?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

What is the NFL gonna do now that weed is totally legal in 2 towns and basically legal in 3 others?
    Right now they are claiming their medical people (who the NFL love to refer to as scientists, which is not true in most cases) it should still be illegal. So they will do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

what do airline pilots do?

Right now they are claiming their medical people (who the NFL love to refer to as scientists, which is not true in most cases) it should still be illegal. So they will do nothing.
    I thought the NFL position was that legal or not, the league can still prohibit it's use in their workplace as a controlled substance under federal law.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I thought the NFL position was that legal or not, the league can still prohibit it's use in their workplace as a controlled substance under federal law.
    Of course. They could also stop testing for it under the Drug and Alcohol Policy. They could also still suspend players if they commit a crime by possessing the pot in a location where its still illegal.

My point wasn't that the NFL is on shaky ground, my point was they are not interested in making any change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    what do airline pilots do?

Smoke in the states where its legal? Drink in counties where its legal? Just do so after hours and not get caught on a drug test I suppose.

Salary Cap Might Be Moving Up Again. NFLPA found and arbitrator agreed that withheld gate receipts should have been in the calculation for salary cap purposes, but were not.

http://deadspin.com/report-arbitrato...lio-1760717473

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-salary-pool/

As explained by Futterman, the controversy arose from a term in the labor deal that allows teams to exclude certain sums from the vat of money that determines the salary cap. Burbank found that the league created another category of funds that isn’t contemplated by the CBA. Since the money didn’t fit into any of the recognized categories, the money should have been included in the pool that determines the salary cap [but wasn't].
    The NFLPA understandably characterizes the issue as catching the league trying to pull a fast one. The league understandably says it was an accident. The bottom line is that millions will now flow from the league to the players, driving up the salary cap by at least $1.5 million for each of the league’s 32 teams.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Of course. They could also stop testing for it under the Drug and Alcohol Policy. They could also still suspend players if they commit a crime by possessing the pot in a location where its still illegal.

My point wasn't that the NFL is on shaky ground, my point was they are not interested in making any change at all.
    I am growing old with all this nonsense about weed. The NFL needs to stop testing for it, and consider it no more harmful than alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I am growing old with all this nonsense about weed. The NFL needs to stop testing for it, and consider it no more harmful than alcohol.
    Do you really care? I couldn't care less bout what rules and restrictions they put in place. They can ban refined sugar for all I care.

Smoke in the states where its legal? Drink in counties where its legal? Just do so after hours and not get caught on a drug test I suppose.
    Ya, essentially play by the rules.