Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alston Jeffrey (Jeffery?) has been tagged.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
    Only franchise paperwork officially in on franchise/transition tag thus far is Alshon jeffery w/the Bears. That has been filed
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Alston Jeffrey (Jeffery?) has been tagged.
    (Alshon?)

Brady signed a two year extension today, through 2019, when he will be 42.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 37m37 minutes ago
    AM repost: Panthers expected to tag Josh Norman today at cost of $13.95M. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...e63201022.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h3 hours ago
    Peyton Manning retirement decision now isn't expected this week http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZBD

PEYTON WOULD REALLY BE ENCOURAGED TO WORKOUT IF THE BRONCOS COULD SIGN RANDY MOSS

Peyton Manning retirement decision now isn't expected this week http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZBD

PEYTON WOULD REALLY BE ENCOURAGED TO WORKOUT IF THE BRONCOS COULD SIGN RANDY MOSS
    It's right here:

Peyton Manning doesn't as of now own all the most important passing records and he wants to get right there. It's his ego because how much more notoriety does he expect to gain by extending his number of records Vs fans recognizing after winning another Super Bowl Title and given his age and decline in a TOP Organization. To decide to go on is equivalent to blowing away the Golden Goose of best retirement opportunities.

This whole thing is now looking worse than the negative impact of Brett Favres I'm retiring and I'm not retiring repeats that was so annoying to many fans and NFL media.

The 'only' gain for Peyton Manning is a 'no gain' and to continue is an obvious downslide from now and retiring at the top. You can never underestimate the tragic results incumbent on any man who pushes with a huge ego.

For this NFL fan:

This is an interesting watch. I hope that Peyton Manning is getting good advice and he's actually as intelligent as we are led to believe.

Hypothetically....if I was advising Peyton on his request to do so. It would be blunt:

I'd simply ask Peyton Manning: What's the delay Peyton? A retirement decision and announcement should have been made last week....OK yesterday. Peyton do the exact correct thing for your legacy....RETIRE for good from the NFL as an active player. A decision to go on can only harm you in terms of the Big Picture. You've got it all right now so grab onto that.....RETIRE !

It's too easy to see that Peyton's intelligence is a tad wobbly at this time.

"Manning’s slow pace of resolving his position on whether he’ll play could mean that Manning will request a release in lieu of retiring, so that he can consider other options elsewhere, now or later in the offseason

If other teams are interested, they’re keeping their cards close to the vest. Four weeks ago, a report emerged that the Rams could be interested in Manning. Since then, there has been no report or speculation of any other team wanting to add Manning for what would be both a debut season and, most likely, a farewell tour."

Final Comment ..... woodbuck27:

I've always observed and claimed that observation that that Peyton Manning is all about Peyton Manning. We're about to find out if I'm correct. I won't be at all surprized if Peyton Manning is playing for some desperate to win NFL team next season. If that's the case we'll see the results of failing to greed.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-01-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 33m33 minutes ago
    2008 was the last season Jeff Fisher lost a playoff game. Same goes for Tom Coughlin.

THEY ARE NEGOTIATING A CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR FISH. ANYONE HAVE SOME FREE TIME TO LOOK UP OLD TOP 10 COACHES LISTS ON THIS SITE? HE IS ON A BUNCH OF THEM, PROBABLY INCLUDING MINE.

2008 was the last season Jeff Fisher lost a playoff game. Same goes for Tom Coughlin.

THEY ARE NEGOTIATING A CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR FISH. ANYONE HAVE SOME FREE TIME TO LOOK UP OLD TOP 10 COACHES LISTS ON THIS SITE? HE IS ON A BUNCH OF THEM, PROBABLY INCLUDING MINE.
    Beat your heated rivals at least once a year. Continue despite a record of utter mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Beat your heated rivals at least once a year. Continue despite a record of utter mediocrity.
    He is your coach if you literally believe that appearance and rhetoric are the most important aspects.

I wonder if RAM fans are really happy excited over this news?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

NFL expects no changes to catch rule this year http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZBH

Welcome to Schrodinger's Catch.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
    Thus far Jeffery and Wilkerson are the only players with filed paperwork for franchise tags but many more letters are on the way today

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
    Dolphins placed transition tag on Olivier Vernon.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago
    3 franchise tags are filed: #Ravens Justin Tucker; #Jets Mo Wilkerson; #Bears Alshon Jeffery. 1 transition tag: #Dolphins Olivier Vernon

Gregg Rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 16m16 minutes ago
    Placing tag on Vernon raises more questions about future of Grimes, Jordan Cameron, and Wake in Miami.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 29m29 minutes ago
    The Broncos have officially placed the exclusive franchise tag on Von Miller, as expected. Paperwork has been filed

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania621 4m4 minutes ago
    As just reported on @1067theFan - per @granthpaulsen the #Redskins are placing the franchise tag on @KirkCousins8 for 2016.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
    Report: Mario Williams released by Bills http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZD5
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-01-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 12m12 minutes ago
    Bills OT Cordy Glenn's tag officially filed, non-exclusive.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 16m16 minutes ago
    Panthers put the franchise tag on cornerback Josh Norman http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZD4

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ased-by-bills/

23 Minutes ago:

Report: Mario Williams released by Bills

Posted by Josh Alper on March 1, 2016, 12:52 PM EST

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.

Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.
    Does that fall into the category - "Good into Bad'?

I'm not impressed with his career progress to date.

All the same....I wish him and the Eagles success as his career is extended with that team.

Wow. Just...wow. That's a lot of money for a QB with mediocre track record and a lot of injuries. What do you think Osweiler is going to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Wow. Just...wow. That's a lot of money for a QB with mediocre track record and a lot of injuries.
    A lot of money? Yes, but maybe not in the context of an NFL payroll in 2016/17. $36 million is less than 12% of the salary cap for the next two years.