Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h3 hours ago
    Peyton Manning retirement decision now isn't expected this week http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZBD

PEYTON WOULD REALLY BE ENCOURAGED TO WORKOUT IF THE BRONCOS COULD SIGN RANDY MOSS
    It's right here:

Peyton Manning doesn't as of now own all the most important passing records and he wants to get right there. It's his ego because how much more notoriety does he expect to gain by extending his number of records Vs fans recognizing after winning another Super Bowl Title and given his age and decline in a TOP Organization. To decide to go on is equivalent to blowing away the Golden Goose of best retirement opportunities.

This whole thing is now looking worse than the negative impact of Brett Favres I'm retiring and I'm not retiring repeats that was so annoying to many fans and NFL media.

The 'only' gain for Peyton Manning is a 'no gain' and to continue is an obvious downslide from now and retiring at the top. You can never underestimate the tragic results incumbent on any man who pushes with a huge ego.

For this NFL fan:

This is an interesting watch. I hope that Peyton Manning is getting good advice and he's actually as intelligent as we are led to believe.

Hypothetically....if I was advising Peyton on his request to do so. It would be blunt:

I'd simply ask Peyton Manning: What's the delay Peyton? A retirement decision and announcement should have been made last week....OK yesterday. Peyton do the exact correct thing for your legacy....RETIRE for good from the NFL as an active player. A decision to go on can only harm you in terms of the Big Picture. You've got it all right now so grab onto that.....RETIRE !

It's too easy to see that Peyton's intelligence is a tad wobbly at this time.

"Manning’s slow pace of resolving his position on whether he’ll play could mean that Manning will request a release in lieu of retiring, so that he can consider other options elsewhere, now or later in the offseason

If other teams are interested, they’re keeping their cards close to the vest. Four weeks ago, a report emerged that the Rams could be interested in Manning. Since then, there has been no report or speculation of any other team wanting to add Manning for what would be both a debut season and, most likely, a farewell tour."

Final Comment ..... woodbuck27:

I've always observed and claimed that observation that that Peyton Manning is all about Peyton Manning. We're about to find out if I'm correct. I won't be at all surprized if Peyton Manning is playing for some desperate to win NFL team next season. If that's the case we'll see the results of failing to greed.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-01-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 12m12 minutes ago
    Bills OT Cordy Glenn's tag officially filed, non-exclusive.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 16m16 minutes ago
    Panthers put the franchise tag on cornerback Josh Norman http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZD4
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ased-by-bills/

23 Minutes ago:

Report: Mario Williams released by Bills

Posted by Josh Alper on March 1, 2016, 12:52 PM EST
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.
    Does that fall into the category - "Good into Bad'?

I'm not impressed with his career progress to date.

All the same....I wish him and the Eagles success as his career is extended with that team.

Wow. Just...wow. That's a lot of money for a QB with mediocre track record and a lot of injuries. What do you think Osweiler is going to ask for?

Maybe I'm living in a box, but has anyone topped Rodgers' deal yet?

I almost get the feeling teams aren't willing to pay more yet, being able to say "well, you aren't as good as Rodgers..." in negotiations. In other words, he's still the top end of negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Maybe I'm living in a box, but has anyone topped Rodgers' deal yet?

I almost get the feeling teams aren't willing to pay more yet, being able to say "well, you aren't as good as Rodgers..." in negotiations. In other words, he's still the top end of negotiations.
    Several are just below Rodgers. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/quarterback/

It will stay that way as all the top guys are extended for several years.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 9m9 minutes ago
    Flacco already earned $62M in the first three years of his existing deal; with guaranteed $$ in new deal figures will soar...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago
    Full details aren't yet available on Joe Flacco's contract extension, but I'm told Flacco got a $40M signing bonus. Not bad.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m7 minutes ago
    Would expect Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck to be doing cartwheels after seeing the Flacco re-do, plus Bradford and Cousins deals last 24hrs

Andy Luck will exceed Rodgers very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Andy Luck will exceed Rodgers very soon.
    ...as will all of the other young, decent QBs very soon. The salary cap for 2016 ($155.3M) is 25% higher than it was in 2013 ($123M), when Rogers signed his extension. Any QB extending long into the future will get a very large number with 2016 being the base they extend from. With the way the cap has increased, no one stays on top of the list for more than a few years, unless he, too, is extended.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 31m31 minutes ago
    #Ravens during Flacco era are 14th in QBR, 17th in passer rating, 1st in defensive EPA, 2nd in points allowed. T-6th in wins.

ELITE!

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Wow. Just...wow. That's a lot of money for a QB with mediocre track record and a lot of injuries.
    A lot of money? Yes, but maybe not in the context of an NFL payroll in 2016/17. $36 million is less than 12% of the salary cap for the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ...as will all of the other young, decent QBs very soon. The salary cap for 2016 ($155.3M) is 25% higher than it was in 2013 ($123M), when Rogers signed his extension. Any QB extending long into the future will get a very large number with 2016 being the base they extend from. With the way the cap has increased, no one stays on top of the list for more than a few years, unless he, too, is extended.
    The best part of his deal now is that with the cap increasing nicely, his cap number goes up a mil each year. From $18.25 mil last year to $19.25 in 2016, to $20.3, $20.9 and $21.1.

The best part of his deal now is that with the cap increasing nicely, his cap number goes up a mil each year. From $18.25 mil last year to $19.25 in 2016, to $20.3, $20.9 and $21.1.
    The Packers have done a real nice job with both Favre and Rodgers, making each the highest paid at one point, but with contracts that didn't cripple the team; mostly due to keeping dead cap amounts small and not overpaying very many players. That has allowed them to sign others to good contracts as well.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
    Browns C Alex Mack is voiding the 3 years remaining on his contract and is set to become a free agent, per source. One more free agent OL.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
    Browns C Alex Mack is voiding the 3 years remaining on his contract and is set to become a free agent, per source. One more free agent OL.
    Smart agent there putting that clause in given the dumpster fire that Cleveland is and gave his client an out to go actually play for a real team. Should be known as the "Cleveland Clause" going forward.

I haven't heard of a player opting out with 3 years left before. Anyone else?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Smart agent there putting that clause in given the dumpster fire that Cleveland is and gave his client an out to go actually play for a real team. Should be known as the "Cleveland Clause" going forward.

I haven't heard of a player opting out with 3 years left before. Anyone else?

I *think* and I could be wrong but the contract was the result of them matching a transition tag offer by another team.

edit: Yes, they matched the Jags offer which included that language.

"The Cleveland Browns matched the five-year offer sheet that center Alex Mack signed earlier Friday with the Jacksonville Jaguars." - ESPN

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Alex-Mack-...eland-44040169

Alex Mack voids his contract with Cleveland

Josh Edwards - 9 hours ago

Whoops:

pbmax got this on the thread in the form of a tweet.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Patriots-r...ndler-44045261

Patriots release vet WR's Brandon LaFell, Scott Chandler

Oliver Thomas - 5 hours ago

Whenever I see WR Brandon Lafell play he seems more than just decent to me. I've seen him look very good.

This release may be health related but it surprizes me.