Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

I didn't expect this one.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
    Panthers announce DE Charles Johnson has been released.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I didn't expect this one.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
    Panthers announce DE Charles Johnson has been released.
    Panthers clear 11 million in cap space. Johnson missed 7 games in 2015 and had just 5 tackles, 7 assists and 1 sack. Until looking it up, I didn't realize he had declined that much in 2015.

Edit: He did play well in the playoffs, so this likely was probably primarily a salary cap move.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12s12 seconds ago
    The #Texans have released TE Garrett Graham, source said. This was coming, too.

There is a run on releasing mediocre TE vets.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
    Ravens release Daryl Smith http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZIA

ILB, he's 34.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
    Ravens release Daryl Smith http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZIA

ILB, he's 34.
    Does he come with his own oil can to ward off the squeaks and creaks?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Jags release Chris Clemons and now have 83 million in cap space. Don't teams have to have at least 80% of their total cap in contracts for the year? If so, they have to spend about 50 million. They carried over 30+ million last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jags release Chris Clemons and now have 83 million in cap space. Don't teams have to have at least 80% of their total cap in contracts for the year? If so, they have to spend about 50 million. They carried over 30+ million last year.
    Boy...a lot of big name players are on the FA Market now.

Aging Veteran are two words that might be best used to describe their usefulness.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

There are some interesting players out there that could help the Packers. But it's hard to get excited about it. Because there are 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and TT refusing to utilize free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    There are some interesting players out there that could help the Packers. But it's hard to get excited about it. Because there are 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and TT refusing to utilize free agency.
    Ted Thompson has to do something this off season to bolster the DL (the Draft in Round 1) and we have need on the OL and at RB, WR and TE that will be better fixed in FA.

If TT doesn't make a solid move in FA and imagines we'll be just fine. He's kidding 'only himself'.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ted Thompson has to do something this off season to bolster the DL (the Draft in Round 1) and we have need on the OL and at RB, WR and TE that will be better fixed in FA.

If TT doesn't make a solid move in FA and imagines we'll be just fine. He's kidding 'only himself'.
    At this point, aren't they really only missing Raji? And get a promising Boyd back?

Of course you would like a talented player in a good spot due to the depth, but its not exactly a crying need is it?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
    A starter throughout his career, former #Bills CB Leodis McKelvin, 30, will draw interest on a FA market without a ton of corner depth.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago
    Competition Committee to address low hits on quarterbacks http://bit.ly/1nljC0S

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

At this point, aren't they really only missing Raji? And get a promising Boyd back?

Of course you would like a talented player in a good spot due to the depth, but its not exactly a crying need is it?
    Plus, they same quite high on Ringo.
    (Maybe I shouldn't use "high" when discussing DL. It seems to be an issue for that group.)

Last season our total 'D; in terms of Y/G was ranked 15th in the NFL in terms of Y/G.

The only team Ranked lower and made the Playoffs was the Washington Redskins.

As it always seems to me to be the Packers have difficulty stopping the run. Once a good team establishes the run Vs the Packers it's an uphill battle.

The Packers 'D' allowed 119.1 Y/G Vs the Rush or Ranked 21st in the NFL. Eight NFC Teams are better Vs the RUSH with NO. 1 Seattle allowing 'only' 81.5 Y/G.

Ten NFC Teams gave up less Rushing TD's than the Packers total of 13. 22 NFL Teams defended better Vs a Rushing TD than the Packers.

Yes we need help on the DL.

DL is not the only position group to stop the run. LBs must do their part. Neal and the non-Matthews linebacker could both be upgraded easily and that would help the run D.

Teams ran against the Packers because they had leads since the offense struggled. If the offense returns to form, less pressure on the Run D.

Boyd comes back. They like Ringo and Pennell. Reinforcements are already on their way. They need one but its not my choice for top need on team, nor on D. LB first.

Packers won't be a great run stuffing defense as long as the play nickel and dime as much as they do. It's just not as big a priority to Dom as preventing big passing plays. Even with the outstanding 2010 defense, they were only 18th in rushing yards allowed per game. If Raji is signed, the DL is pretty good. I agree with PB. The key to an improved run defense is better linebacker play.

DL is not the only position group to stop the run. LBs must do their part. Neal and the non-Matthews linebacker could both be upgraded easily and that would help the run D.

Teams ran against the Packers because they had leads since the offense struggled. If the offense returns to form, less pressure on the Run D.

Boyd comes back. They like Ringo and Pennell. Reinforcements are already on their way. They need one but its not my choice for top need on team, nor on D. LB first.
    Ok so looking at the Draft as we see it now. Who is well positioned and plays LBer that TT might feel is a value pick at NO. 27?

The following look like likely candidates for the NO. 27 pick today:

Hunter Henry TE, Arkansas or Cody Whitehair OG , Kansas St. or William Jackson III CB, Houston or Josh Doctson WR, TCU or maybe select on the OL and pick Le'Raven Clark OT, TEXAS TECH

Who do you like amongst these or is there another prospect positioned for a likely TT pick? ie OT Taylor Decker or OLB Darron Lee , Ohio State (he didn't have the Combine performance he might have liked) might still be on the board.

GO PACK GO !

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Terrell Suggs Arrested: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

By Tim Daniels , Featured Columnist ...Mar 4, 2016

" Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was reportedly arrested at a restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona, early Friday for leaving the scene of an accident and driving on a suspended license, according to the Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec. He was booked and released on citation overnight."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-the-running

The Race Is on to Sign Robert Griffin III, with at Least 10 Teams in the Running

By: Mike Freeman , NFL National Lead Writer

March 4, 2016