Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I'd feel better about this quote if it was from someone other than Peter King, but I am hoping he had a good source.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/06/p...-tom-brady-nfl

This is the part of the year in which Packer fans often jump on Ted for sitting on his hands during the early free-agency pirhana frenzy, but where is that signing frenzy this year? I haven't hear about any big splash free agent signings yet. What's going on? Is everyone adopting Ted's methodology?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is the part of the year in which Packer fans often jump on Ted for sitting on his hands during the early free-agency pirhana frenzy, but where is that signing frenzy this year? I haven't hear about any big splash free agent signings yet. What's going on? Is everyone adopting Ted's methodology?
    No one can be signed until Wednesday (after 4:00 EST, I think). They can openly negotiate today, Tuesday and Wednesday until the golden hour. They started that a few years ago, a lot because players objected to being given "taken or leave it" ultimatums at the first place they visited. Now they have a few days to openly contact teams, generally discuss terms, etc. with neither being pressured to decide immediately.
    Last edited by Patler; 03-07-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    No one can be signed until Wednesday. They can openly negotiate today and Tuesday. They started that a few years ago,
    Ah, thank you.

Damn Ted, then, for not allowing reports to leak out about Danny Trevathan or Mario Williams visiting Green Bay.

How are we supposed to get through the offseason if he doesn't sign a big-name free agent?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

What a presser today from the GOAT. Brady may have won more but I don't think anybody did it as well as Peyton.

Hello TE market.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h2 hours ago
    It's a four-year, $29.4M deal for Colts TE Dwayne Allen, with $12M paid out in year one, $17M through year two. He had 16 catches last year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...emarco-murray/

The Titans are finalizing a trade for Eagles running back DeMarco Murray, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Monday.

Murray’s representation at Sports Trust Advisors confirmed the trade via Twitter, saying Murray will get a new contract from the Titans.

The Eagles spent Monday paving the way for the organization to rid itself of ex-coach Chip Kelly’s players. A deal was also set up that will send linebacker Kiko Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell to the Dolphins.

Trades can officially be made Wednesday, the first day of the league year.

LOL at Mario Williams being willing to sign for the first team to offer him 10M per year. I'd do it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...patrick-lewis/

Patrick Lewis is a former Packer, right?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...patrick-lewis/

Patrick Lewis is a former Packer, right?
    Yup. There is a long list of OL who spent time in GB who end up in Seattle for a while, and a few have stuck.

Malik Jackson has agreed to 6 year, 90M deal with Jags. Will be official tomorrow.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 59s59 seconds ago
    The #Lions are getting WR Marvin Jones, source said, for what is expected to be about $8M per year (as @diannaESPN said).

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    When Janoris Jenkins signs with the #Giants, it'll be worth more than $12M per year. Huge investment.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    For the #Jaguars and RB Chris Ivory, it's a 5-year deal that's well north of $6M per year.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The WR market will shake out today, but as of late last night, the #Chargers had emerged as the team to beat for WR Travis Benjamin.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3h3 hours ago
    DT Ian Williams has agreed to return to the #Niners on a 5-year deal, source said. Big move by SF before free agency begins

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12h12 hours ago
    Source: The #Raiders will sign LB Bruce Irvin when the league year starts tomorrow. Out of nowhere.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14h14 hours ago
    The #Colts and K Adam Vinatieri agreed on a 2-year deal worth $6M, source said. He can earn another $1M in incentives.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15h15 hours ago
    The #Ravens will sign TE Ben Watson tomorrow when the league year opens, and I'm told it's for 2 years, $8M.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17h17 hours ago
    The #Dolphins deal with pass-rusher Mario Williams should come today, sources says, and it's expected to land him $8M per year.

$8 million for Mario Williams isn't a blockbuster. He could be declining, but its pretty reasonable given his name and reputation.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
    The #Vikings are landing G Alex Boone, which was their guard of choice after Osemele, source said (@AdamSchefter on it first)

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13s14 seconds ago
    Chargers and Antonio Gates reach agreement, as @RapSheet reported. Deal is a 2-year agreement and allows Gates to finish career as Charger.

$8 million for Mario Williams isn't a blockbuster. He could be declining, but its pretty reasonable given his name and reputation.
    That's the unknown with older FAs. If all they get is his name and reputation, the $8 million is quite a lot. He did have 5 sacks in 2015, but just 19 tackles. Could turn out to be money well spent, or money wasted.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 43m43 minutes ago
    The #Eagles agreement with safety Rodney McLeod, 5 years, $37M, includes $17M guaranteed. Huge move for Philly.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3h3 hours ago
    For #Bengals and S George Iloka, it's a done deal. 5 years, $30M with $18M over the first 3 years. Cincy players often play them all out.

Cost of a safety has definitely gone up.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5h5 hours ago
    When Janoris Jenkins signs with the #Giants, it'll be worth more than $12M per year. Huge investment.

So has CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That's the unknown with older FAs. If all they get is his name and reputation, the $8 million is quite a lot. He did have 5 sacks in 2015, but just 19 tackles. Could turn out to be money well spent, or money wasted.
    True, but its still off the top line of DE deals. So his production last year and his age definitely were factors.

Zach Heilprin ‏@ZachHeilprin 15m15 minutes ago Wisconsin, USA
    Tanner McEvoy took part in WR drills earlier and is now going through DB drills. Think his future is on offense in the NFL but who knows.

Benjamin Worgull ‏@TheBadgerNation 26m26 minutes ago
    Official 40-yard dash times: Hillary 4.46, Caputo 4.62, Erickson 4.44, Hayes 5.03, Marz 5.28, Meyer 4.98, Traylor 4.81, Watt 4.69

Justis Mosqueda @JuMosq
    For those complaining about Ted Thompson today..
    Malik Jackson: 6 years $90 M
    Mike Daniels: 4 years $42 M

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
    Matt Forte is not in Green Bay, period, says someone who clearly would know if he's in GB.

I can confirm this.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    Matt Forte is signing with the NY Jets, per source.