Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    There are enough guys out there that post player highlight/evaluation videos that it doesn't take long to grease thru them.

Voch Lombardi posts a lot of tape that is already broken down... our own Quality Control if you will.

As for looking at specific players - I count on guys in here and other sources to get me to look at someone who might be buried in the prospect rankings. Other things I look at, are the measurables - if an OT has 31 inch arms, what's the point of looking at his film?? If a CB can only run 4.7, again, no point in looking at his film.
    Copy that.

My issue with highlight reels is they are highlight reels. I like the vids that show an entire game so I can see their play in a broader context.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Copy that.

My issue with highlight reels is they are highlight reels. I like the vids that show an entire game so I can see their play in a broader context.
    When I'm looking at a prospect, I'll look at his 40 time and ht/wt just to give some context to what I'm seeing on film. I'll usually watch the "highlights" first, just to see what the hype is about - then I'll look at individual games that isolate the player - that is really the only way to get a good read on the guy.

There's one guy posts highlights on youtube all the time - Harris Highlights. I only watch his highlights if his are the only ones I can find. For the most part what he posts is useless, i.e. up close, fast action shots - can't see anything about what led to the sack, or TD, or INT, or whatever.

In order to look at a guy you need to have a wide angle shot so you can see most of the field, and you can see everything the guy does on a given play.
    wist

Right. Thirty seconds in, if it's a bunch of quick edits and obnoxious noise that kids these days call "music", I click right out of there. You can't tell anything from that drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Proof there are still FAs available:

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    The Packers have signed defensive end Ray Drew, a street free agent from Georgia, per a source. Drew spent time... http://es.pn/1QSMl89
    ...and now he is gone....

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...drew/83514054/

Not at all. They have to find the QB.
    There are a couple of teams on the 'no playoffs in 5 years' list that seem to think they have their QB, Miami and Chicago.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Right. Thirty seconds in, if it's a bunch of quick edits and obnoxious noise that kids these days call "music", I click right out of there. You can't tell anything from that drivel.
    If it's too loud, your too old, right?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

'Zackly!

Trevor Davis speedy, first to sign contract. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...378359301.html

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10h10 hours ago
    After signing rookies, GB will have $5.3M cap space. With 3/5 of OL, 2013 draft class entering FA, isn't it obvious why TT stays out of FA?

Maybe not says Spoon as JSO (link above):

Although the Packers' rookie pool is more than $5 million, it doesn't mean that their team salary cap will be cut by that much. The Packers were $10.65 million under the cap heading into the draft, and their picks will only cost them about $1.7 million of that total.

Only the top 51 salary cap figures for 2016 count during the off-season, so even though seven draft pick salaries will be added to the payroll, only five of them are expected to qualify as the top 51 and they will replace players with cap numbers of $525,000.

Thus, the Packers' team cap will only drop to about $9 million when all the picks are signed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Trevor Davis speedy, first to sign contract. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...378359301.html

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10h10 hours ago
    After signing rookies, GB will have $5.3M cap space. With 3/5 of OL, 2013 draft class entering FA, isn't it obvious why TT stays out of FA?

Maybe not says Spoon as JSO (link above):
    Yes and no, because until they actually sign all of the draftees, they have to include their rookie pool amount in their salary cap calculation. That's one of the reasons teams that are close to their salary cap limit work hard to get the rookies signed quickly, it frees up salary cap space for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    If it's too loud, your too old, right?
    Crap is too loud at any volume other than mute (my preferred setting for highlight videos).

Good music (at least good rock) is too loud when it causes nose bleeds and structural damage to buildings.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 12m12 minutes ago
    Never use social media. I don't tweet, snap, face, or anything. Who said we NEED this stuff? A handshake or a hug means more.

We need a "kiss you fingers perfection" emoticon.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In the division, the Packers’ over/under is at 10 ½ wins with the defending champion Vikings at 9 and the Lions at 7.
    Bears at 7.5.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...516-story.html

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 33s33 seconds ago
    (1/2) #Packers QB @AaronRodgers12 confirms on @OfficialAJHawk's podcast that he, Favre and Starr took a picture together on Thanksgiving.

Coming up empty on numerical puns.
    Last edited by pbmax; 05-26-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Is it just me, or is there a lot more churn at the bottom of the 90 man roster this year. The latest:
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/381568731.html
    Robinson being released with 'Non-football illness' is a new one. However he was out on the 24th, and can't tell if he practiced since. If he had an illness for a week, with a scouting report of issues with his work ethic, I can see why they dumped him, regardless of 4.3 speed.

WTF is a non-football illness? Better yet, WTF is a football illness?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    WTF is a non-football illness? Better yet, WTF is a football illness?
    If you are in Tampa, MRSA infections could be considered a football illness.

morning talking heads on nfl network are predicting min as north champ again and the Packers record at 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Is it just me, or is there a lot more churn at the bottom of the 90 man roster this year.
    It seemed that way to me, too; so I went back and looked at their "transactions" lists the last few years. From April to the start of training camp, they ranged from 4 to 7 releases of bottom of the roster type players. They seem to be at 7 already this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    morning talking heads on nfl network are predicting min as north champ again and the Packers record at 9-7.

Just a general offseason wondering...

we've heard all about Eddie Lacy's off-again, on-again romance with weight loss, and we've read about Josh Sitton dumping some of his long-time weight, but we've heard nor read nary a thing about Richard Rodgers, who, MM said, needed to shed a few pounds.

Anybody seen pictures or know if he has or hasn't?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Barring major personnel changes (huge FA splash / loss, QB retiring, etc) talking heads are very good a predicting things to look a whole hell of a lot like the previous year.