Kuhn
    Hayward
    Jones
    Barclay
    Tolzien
    Quarless
    Goode
    Richardson (retires)
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-28-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    fair, quite fair

I would try to keep Perry and Jones and Guion if he's cheap, but wouldn't break the bank on any of them. Otherwise, I agree.

But I think Kuhn will last one more year.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Depending on cost, I wonder if they might go after Perry instead of Neal.

There were times this year when Perry just tossed around OL like they were nothing. He is just 25, won't turn 26 for another 3 months. I think he might be just starting to figure out how to be a pro, especially with so many nagging injuries his first few years. I would like to see him spend another couple years, at least, in GB.

Neal is 3 years older, and probably is about all he ever will be at this point. I actually do like him, and he seems to want to stay.

Some have always questioned if Perry really wants to do what he does in GB, and that might be the deciding factor. He has control now, and if he really does want to get away from a 3-4 defense, this is his opportunity to do so. I just have a feeling he could still turn out to be a guy the Packers regret losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I would try to keep Perry and Jones and Guion if he's cheap, but wouldn't break the bank on any of them. Otherwise, I agree.

Guion could be cheap enough that they might as well bring him back even if they manage to sign Raji.

I have always liked James Jones for his attitude and hard work. I just don't see a spot for him next year, unless they are hit hard by injuries again. There isn't much reason to bring an older guy like him into camp if the "six" are all healthy and ready to go.

Kuhn almost certainly will be a minimum wage guy, and could be back unless they need the roster spot.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post

James Jones, I don't know about. He's not a special teams guy, and he's not an ascending player. Assuming Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Monty are all locks, then you have two remaining spots and you'd have to figure Janis and Abby will fill those spots because they can both play special teams. Also, they may draft another WR and bring in a few UDFA's like they did last year, and those guys would be competing for the 5th and 6th WR spots. I don't think Jones will have a place on the roster, more so about roster flexibility and youth/development and not cap concern.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Some have always questioned if Perry really wants to do what he does in GB, and that might be the deciding factor. He has control now, and if he really does want to get away from a 3-4 defense, this is his opportunity to do so. I just have a feeling he could still turn out to be a guy the Packers regret losing.
    Very true, and we may finally answer whether he wants to be a 4-3 DE or not. I also agree with the earlier part that he might be more valuable than Neal.

Much will depend on the injury question. I suspect the Packers know the shoulder situation well enough to assess the risk.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    James Jones, I don't know about. He's not a special teams guy, and he's not an ascending player. Assuming Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Monty are all locks, then you have two remaining spots and you'd have to figure Janis and Abby will fill those spots because they can both play special teams. Also, they may draft another WR and bring in a few UDFA's like they did last year, and those guys would be competing for the 5th and 6th WR spots. I don't think Jones will have a place on the roster, more so about roster flexibility and youth/development and not cap concern.
    Whoops. My mistake. Didn't read the article and off-the-cuff assumed Datone Jones.

James Jones is gone. No room on the roster but tons of appreciation.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Datone will be an UFA after this coming season.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

In addition to Doughtery's list, I'd like to see them sign Perry and Guion.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Edited From:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-playoff-teams

2016 NFL DRAFT and Green Bay Packer Needs.... The Packers to pick in the NO. 27 spot this year::

Top need: Pass rusher

Other needs: TE, DT, OT and ILB

Top prospects at positional needs:

Note: In brackets You'll find the number where an NFL Draft Site Ranks that player. For this post the site I've chosen is DRAFTTEK and as of Friday 29 Jan. 2016.:

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-...pects-2016.asp

Pass rusher: ( 8 ) DeForest Buckner (Oregon), ( 2) Joey Bosa (Ohio State), ( 41) Leonard Floyd (Georgia);

TE: ( 75 ) Hunter Henry (Arkansas), (104) Nick Vannett (Ohio State), (95) Austin Hooper (Stanford);

DT: (37) Andrew Billings (Baylor), (17) A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), (91) Jarran Reed (Alabama);

OT: (14) Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), (2) Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), (36 ) Jack Conklin (Michigan State);

ILB: (23 ) Reggie Ragland (Alabama), (27) Scooby Wright III (Arizona), (169)Antonio Morrison (Florida).

Analysis:

Green Bay has tried to play Clay Matthews all over the field, but he's only one man and another one like him is needed whether it is at inside or outside linebacker.

The Packers appear to be set along the offensive line, but will need to find a swing tackle who can play on the left or right side.

B.J. Raji might not be re-signed, so adding a defensive tackle with mass is likely.

The Packers are always looking for a quality combo tight end and this year should be no different.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-29-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    We finished tied for 7th in sacks this year. So, I am not sure why that is priority #1.

We had 43 sacks for the year or 2.69 per game. Tied with Minnesota and Detroit. Denver led the league with 52 sacks.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We finished tied for 7th in sacks this year. So, I am not sure why that is priority #1.

We had 43 sacks for the year or 2.69 per game. Tied with Minnesota and Detroit. Denver led the league with 52 sacks.
    Neal and Perry are free agents. Peppers is entering the last year of his contract. It may not be their top need right now, but could turn into a need very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Neal and Perry are free agents. Peppers is entering the last year of his contract. It may not be their top need right now, but could turn into a need very quickly.
    Unless they think guys like Jayrone Elliott are ascending to place that Peppers will soon vacate. That said, who doesn't need more pass rushers? As for defensive needs, here is what I consider to be the order of need.

1. ILB
    2. DL
    3. OLB

If we get a lights out ILB (assuming there is one to get when the Packers make their pick), then Clay can move back to OLB, which pushes the need for OLB down the list a bit.

As for DL, it somewhat depends on whether they sign Raji and/or Guion. Is Pennel and ascending player? Do the Packers still value Josh Boyd, or will he be healthy? Perhaps if they sign Guion and Raji back, they can draft a DL in the later rounds or as a college free agent.

OLB will depend on what they do with Perry and Neal. They should try and keep both, but may not. Jayrone Elliott is an ascending player. If there is a special pass rusher to be had at OLB, I'm all for that. As long as they play the 3-4, they'll continue to need a lot of good linebackers, but may not have to spend high if they can get their own guys re-signed, if the money lines up.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yeah, but by the time the draft rolls around I am guessing that most of the holes will be filled. To me the biggest need is ILB. I would also like to see TE and a 3rd RB addressed in the draft also.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Are you retaining Julius Peppers ThunderDan? He may retire? Does he need the cash?

His contract for 2016? How much is that? Again.... does he need the cash?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agen...n-bay-packers/

Above.. the Packers UFA's this year? Are any of those important to the Pass rush? How many are you retaining?

PACKERS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Don't forget on DL they have last years 6th rounder, Christian Ringo, coming back, too. He was on PS, and in mid November they bumped up his salary from the standard of just over $6K per week to over $25K per week, equivalent to the rookie minimum on the regular roster. Presumably this was done to keep him from signing with someone else. Indicates they must like him at least somewhat.

They did the same with Matt Rotheram, the 6'5" 325lb guard.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Are you retaining Julius Peppers ThunderDan? He may retire? Does he need the cash?

His contract for 2016? How much is that? Again.... does he need the cash?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agen...n-bay-packers/

Above.. the Packers UFA's this year? Are any of those important to the Pass rush? How many are you retaining?

PACKERS !
    Luckily, I am not retaining anyone. That isn't my job.

If I was in charge of personnel I would let Peppers walk after last year. He was great in spots last year but disappeared for long stretches of games.

Like I said above, I am guessing that most of the spots will be filled by the time the draft rolls around.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    As Carolina Packer stated, if we can fill the ILB position that sure helps the pass rush by allowing Clay to exclusively attack the QB.

-Tim Harmston

Luckily, I am not retaining anyone. That isn't my job.

If I was in charge of personnel I would let Peppers walk after last year. He was great in spots last year but disappeared for long stretches of games.

Like I said above, I am guessing that most of the spots will be filled by the time the draft rolls around.
    v

" Like I said above, I am guessing that most of the spots will be filled by the time the draft rolls around " ThunderDan

Terrific !

Then I can feel assured the Packers depth will be sound.