Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just pointing out that the experiment that failed so spectacularly was qualified to the multitasking one in the comment... With which I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Just pointing out that the experiment that failed so spectacularly was qualified to the multitasking one in the comment... With which I agree.
    IMO the only multitasking experiment that failed last year was having Van Pelt coach both QBs and WRs. I'm glad Mike has a separate position coach for WRs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    ^^^

MM's hands on approach everywhere seemed to be fine. It was the combined position coaches that, at least from an outside glance, let everyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    ^^^

MM's hands on approach everywhere seemed to be fine. It was the combined position coaches that, at least from an outside glance, let everyone down.
    I think M3 agrees with you. I haven't read the papers coverage yet, but I saw most of the PC live. Essentially that Van Pelt was made QB coach again, and Getsy got the WR job so that Bennett and Clements could continue to do the jobs they did last year. I *think* that means he is still pushing some overall OC responsibilities on each of them (practice planning definitely, maybe scouting, game review, etc.) so that he can still meet with the D and the ST midweek.

But he said by the end of the week he would be back to planning the O for the game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.