Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

I do think the Packers could use another playmaker in the front seven. But I don't think letting Peppers go changes that for the better at all. Makes it worse even if he is wearing down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I do think the Packers could use another playmaker in the front seven. But I don't think letting Peppers go changes that for the better at all. Makes it worse even if he is wearing down.
    If he stays they definitely should reduce the amount they use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If he stays they definitely should reduce the amount they use him.
    They have been doing that. Peppers only played 44% of the plays in 2015, after 50% in 2014. He's always had a reputation as a talented guy who takes some play off. But if it seems like he's taking a lot of plays off, it might just be that he's not on the field as much as some people think.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So if he is in for less plays does he still take the same amount of plays off? If so he will have 5.6789 productive plays all season.
    Uhh..no. I think the idea is that if you reduce his snaps by 2/3, you would get everything he's got on every snap. It might work. It really depends how much he's slipped. I don't have a good gauge for that at all. Mostly old, or mostly slacker or a little bit 'o both?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So if they sign these guys, what are they worth and what's left over in cap space from the 25 Million we have

Stays
    Crosby 3-4 mill a season
    Raji 5 mill
    Neal 5 mill
    Starks 2 Mill
    Perry 6 mill
    Kuhn vet min 800,00

doesn't leave much when you add in draft pick space, I don't see any free agent signings...hope we have a good draft

maybe...
    27: R1P27
    ILB REGGIE RAGLAND- ALABAMA
    57: R2P26
    OLB JAYLON SMITH- NOTRE DAME
    88: R3P25
    TE NICK VANNETT - OHIO STATE
    126: R4P27
    RB C.J. PROSISE- NOTRE DAME
    132: R4P33
    DT MALIEK COLLINS- NEBRASKA
    138: R4P39
    OT JOE HAEG- NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    163: R5P24
    CB ERIC MURRAY - MINNESOTA
    203: R6P25
    OLB JOE SCHOBERT - WISCONSIN
    246: R7P27
    S JORDAN LUCAS - PENN STATE
    Last edited by jklowan; 02-10-2016 at 03:11 PM.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 9m9 minutes ago
    Russell is almost certainly doing charity work today while 12 chases Hollywood harlots

#Someone doesn't know who Russell is dating
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 9m9 minutes ago
    Russell is almost certainly doing charity work today while 12 chases Hollywood harlots
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    So if they sign these guys, what are they worth and what's left over in cap space from the 25 Million we have

Stays
    Crosby 3-4 mill a season
    Raji 5 mill
    Neal 5 mill
    Starks 2 Mill
    Perry 6 mill
    Kuhn vet min 800,00

doesn't leave much when you add in draft pick space, I don't see any free agent signings...hope we have a good draft

maybe...
    27: R1P27
    ILB REGGIE RAGLAND- ALABAMA
    57: R2P26
    OLB JAYLON SMITH- NOTRE DAME
    88: R3P25
    TE NICK VANNETT - OHIO STATE
    126: R4P27
    RB C.J. PROSISE- NOTRE DAME
    132: R4P33
    DT MALIEK COLLINS- NEBRASKA
    138: R4P39
    OT JOE HAEG- NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    163: R5P24
    CB ERIC MURRAY - MINNESOTA
    203: R6P25
    OLB JOE SCHOBERT - WISCONSIN
    246: R7P27
    S JORDAN LUCAS - PENN STATE
    I don't think they keep Neal AND Perry unless Peppers retires. Is Raji worth 5 million? Is he that much better than Guion? i think they keep one of Raji/Guion, with preference to Raji. That said, I don't think TT is going to dip into FA. I bet he's already thinking ahead to next offseason when he has to figure out what to do about Bahktiari and the rest of the Oline.

As for your draft, I'd shit my pants if the Packers got Jaylon Smith that late in Round 2. I also think Schobert goes higher than R6 (barring a medical flag or arrest.) I think TT will draft 2 OL. When do they announce the comp picks for House and Tramon?

I gotta look up this Haeg guy -- everybody's mock has him.

Yeah I don't know what the salary of these players will be just wild guesses, was looking to see what some of the other poster thought

The mock I did had both comp picks in the 4th which I think is unlikely, probably a 4th and a 5th

Blog Entries
    Most say we get a 4th and a 5th comp for the 2 CB's.

I'm hopin' 2 4's.

You can still snag some players with a 4.

Please let this be the last year for Kuhn.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Most say we get a 4th and a 5th comp for the 2 CB's.

I'm hopin' 2 4's.

You can still snag some players with a 4.
    4th is TT's offensive line round. Sitton, Lang, Bakhtiari and Tretter.

How about cutting Peppers and signing Bruce Irvin? You get a pass rusher that is almost 10 years younger.

Packers have finally announced their coaching hires (and changes!) for the 2016 season.

Brian Angelicho for the TEs. Ben Sirmans for RBs. Legendary Offensive Quality Control Coach Luke Getsy* was promoted to WR coach. Coaching administrator David Raih has been promoted to Assistant O Line Coach. And Ejiro Evero was named defensive quality control coach.

Van Pelt on has QBs now. Bennet and Clements are apparently splitting the duties of Offensive Quality Control.

* You will be stunned to learn that he has a background with Pitt. Despite geographic favoritism, he is a coach who has a pretty wide resume at a young age (OC at Western Michigan and WR coach at IUP) and apparently is thought of highly by the Packers.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...oach/80525232/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-17-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Glad to have dedicated position coaches again after MM's multitasking experiment failed so spectacularly.

Blog Entries
    Packers have finally announced their coaching hires (and changes!) for the 2016 season.

Brian Angelicho for the TEs. Ben Sirmans for RBs. Legendary Offensive Quality Control Coach Luke Getsy* was promoted to WR coach. Coaching administrator David Raih has been promoted to Assistant O Line Coach. And Ejiro Evero was named defensive quality control coach.

Van Pelt on has QBs now. Bennet and Clements are apparently splitting the duties of Offensive Quality Control.

* You will be stunned to learn that he has a background with Pitt. Despite geographic favoritism, he is a coach who has a pretty wide resume at a young age (OC at Western Michigan and WR coach at IUP) and apparently is thought of highly by the Packers.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...oach/80525232/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/
    A "Quality Control" coach is an entre level coaching position.

AKA "piss boy". Keeping track of balls and blowing the horn at practice type shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Glad to have dedicated position coaches again after MM's multitasking experiment failed so spectacularly.
    But did it really? ST improved, defense seemed pretty solid. Offense was messy, but there were obvious injury issues that contributed. There's no doubt the changes weren't the right fit (otherwise they wouldn't have adjusted), but it wasn't an across the board disaster.

Just pointing out that the experiment that failed so spectacularly was qualified to the multitasking one in the comment... With which I agree.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Mike McCarthy tells Larry McCarren that Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb "expressed a desire" for Luke Getsy to be the #Packers receivers coach.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    A "Quality Control" coach is an entre level coaching position.

AKA "piss boy". Keeping track of balls and blowing the horn at practice type shit.
    Yeah, I know. But given that one is OC and doesn't design game plans or call the plays and the other is Associate Head Coach and doesn't conduct practice, I figure they are now at least both in charge of printing and laminating M3's play sheet.