Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    ^^^

MM's hands on approach everywhere seemed to be fine. It was the combined position coaches that, at least from an outside glance, let everyone down.
    I think M3 agrees with you. I haven't read the papers coverage yet, but I saw most of the PC live. Essentially that Van Pelt was made QB coach again, and Getsy got the WR job so that Bennett and Clements could continue to do the jobs they did last year. I *think* that means he is still pushing some overall OC responsibilities on each of them (practice planning definitely, maybe scouting, game review, etc.) so that he can still meet with the D and the ST midweek.

But he said by the end of the week he would be back to planning the O for the game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Mike McCarthy tells Larry McCarren that Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb "expressed a desire" for Luke Getsy to be the #Packers receivers coach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Exactly

McCarthy's Coaching Hire, Pre Combine Press Conference.

I predict many mentions of program, calendar and timetable.

1. RB/TE coach changes. Offers nothing but thanks for service to exits. new coaching bring some new ideas in.

2. New ideas not all, its a performance business, getting players to respond. Sometimes change lets you improve that process.

3. New guys were candidates off recommendations, not previous contacts.

4. Plan last year did not achieve its goal. Thinks changes have been too often cited as excuses. But current structure and assignments are similar to past, so no more blame in that direction.

5. His schedule Monday same (review game), Tuesday/Wednesday still doing things he started to do last year across team, Thursday/Friday back to game plan.

6. Thinks Lacy's offseason conditioning is improving as we speak.

7. Across the board view he thinks helped Defense (but still needs to improve to be Championship level) and made definitely uptick in ST. Offense was disappointing across the board and needs to get back to basics.

8. New guy David had a tremendous interview two years ago. Next guy up Luke bested it and got the job. Loves having both.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Interesting how the mock drafts love Spence more than Rankins. Spence is a consensus top 12 pick from what I've seen. Rankins can be anywhere from a #10 pick to early 2nd round, with the majority I've seen having him in the mid 20's. Not surprising given Spence is a great edge rusher.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Ty Montgomery might not be back until camp after his ankle surgery. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...lson-back-otas

McCarthy joked that Rodgers looked fine on the golf course. Rodgers played in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am earlier this month. In another injury note, McCarthy said receiver Ty Montgomery, who played in only six games before undergoing ankle surgery, may not be ready until the start of training camp.
    Rodgers (fully) and Nelson (limited) expected to be available in OTAs.

Raji and Packers still talking.

Crosby and Packers honing in on deal.
    Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer
    The Packers have been in regular talks with kicker Mason Crosby's agent, Mike McCartney, and expect to get a deal done without using the franchise tag, according to a source at the NFL combine.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Packers have been in regular talks with kicker Mason Crosby's agent, Mike McCartney, and expect to get a deal done without using the franchise tag, according to a source at the NFL combine.
    Nepotism!!!!

What the heck really happened to Ty's ankle? He get it sawed off by the lady from 'Audition'?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    What the heck really happened to Ty's ankle? He get it sawed off by the lady from 'Audition'?
    Pretty sure he had offseaspn surgery. Not unusual for the Packers to hold guys out who had surgery until training camp.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...in-free-agency

“Being the key decision-maker, whether it’s player acquisition or player instruction, someone has to say no,” McCarthy said. “That’s why they have a chain of command. That’s why you have responsibilities. Someone has to be the bad guy. You guys who have kids, you know what I’m talking about. I’m tired of being the bad guy.”
    Just a comment about being a Dad, right?

From same ESPN article:

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27m27 minutes ago
    If 52 at OLB, who is ILB? MM said this on Jake Ryan "Jake played better than I think you realize, with his individual grades."

Summary of the rest of M3's Interview inside a Sports Pub.

1. Matthews - outside
    2. ARod's knee - coaches knew
    3. ARod in OTA - yes
    4. Nelson in OTZ - limited
    5. Nelson camp - yes
    6. Raji - want him back
    7. Peppers - think he is back
    8. Mike Pennel? - still one of their guys
    9. Monty's long inactive streak - kept trying to come back rather than shut it down. surgery much earlier for many others
    10. People's Champion Janis? - If you are a fan of Janis, then you are a fan of Luke Getsy. Took on the job of teaching Janis how to catch ball over shoulder in Week 7. Improved by bye week.
    11. Adams - routes were not as good, steps were shorter. Possibly injury or confidence.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...370218481.html

Summary of the rest of M3's Interview inside a Sports Pub.

1. Matthews - outside
    2. ARod's knee - coaches knew
    3. ARod in OTA - yes
    4. Nelson in OTZ - limited
    5. Nelson camp - yes
    6. Raji - want him back
    7. Peppers - think he is back
    8. Mike Pennel? - still one of their guys
    9. Monty's long inactive streak - kept trying to come back rather than shut it down. surgery much earlier for many others
    10. People's Champion Janis? - If you are a fan of Janis, then you are a fan of Luke Getsy. Took on the job of teaching Janis how to catch ball over shoulder in Week 7. Improved by bye week.
    11. Adams - routes were not as good, steps were shorter. Possibly injury or confidence.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...370218481.html
    It's all good.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Kinda looking forward to the end of this deal.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Our free-agent countdown continues with mutual interest between #Packers and John Kuhn about a possible return http://gbpg.net/1oTloYL

Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 51m51 minutes ago
    Damarious Randall was driving when Jaelen Strong was arrested for marijuana possession http://pck.rs/24xD50d

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rther-comment/

Holy cow. Damarious must have had all his ducks in a row. Nice job.

Packers News ‏@PGPackersNews 51m51 minutes ago
    Damarious Randall was driving when Jaelen Strong was arrested for marijuana possession
    Holy cow. Damarious must have had all his ducks in a row. Nice job.
    Apparently, except for not having a properly displayed license plate. If he had, they wouldn't have been stopped.

Decent of Strong t admit it was him. But, let's think about it. The cops smelled marijuana. There were three guys in the car, and Srong "gave an officer a cigar box with three marijuana cigarettes in it. " Did he bring one for each of them?

In honor of Leap Day...

http://i.imgur.com/Nu9oMXn.gifv

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In honor of Leap Day...

http://i.imgur.com/Nu9oMXn.gifv
    The best timed 'Lambeau Leap' ............ ever !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    Text from someone who has seen the new Lacy: "He's going to be better than ever." Wouldn't disclose current weight though.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 24m24 minutes ago
    #Packers have $19.63M in cap room after Crosby deal. Won't RFA tender Mulumba and probably won't L. Taylor either. Plenty of $$ to work with