Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packers: Need Lacy to Lose 30 Pounds

Packers: Need Lacy to Lose 30 Pounds

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ose-30-pounds/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Packers want Lacy to lose 30 pounds, and Lacy is committed to accomplishing that before the season starts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So they're basically saying Lacy weighed 260. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm assuming they want him back at his draft weight of 230.

Whoever his trainer is should replay the long run against Arizona anytime Eddie needs motivation.
    Go PACK

Are you surprised at that? He easily looked 30 pounds overweight.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    That situation puts MM in a bad spot. He gets asked about Lacy's weight on a regular basis, especially when Lacy struggles, and MM has to put lipstick on that pig and act like everything is OK. That's MM's choice to do so. Obviously, it's a new day and age. I'm sure coaches from previous times would have gotten on his case, which MM still might be doing in private, but may have also said something about it to the press when asked, in hopes of motivating the player to do better.

I think they realize that Lacy is a special talent, and while not airing out the situation to the press might seem a form of coddling, it also keeps the trust in line when the player is considering his second contract, should he be able to literally reform his weighs.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Are you surprised at that? He easily looked 30 pounds overweight.
    I was thinking 250 or so. 260 is a little bit of a surprise to me. Not a shocker though.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/le...s-weight-loss/

Lacy needs to do what Bell did as he was leaving Michigan State. If you followed his career there, he looked mostly like a power runner, north-south guy and by losing the weight, it allowed him to achieve another level of performance that I didn't think he had coming out of college. I'm not saying Eddie would become what Bell has become, but I think it would only allow him to take his game to another level too. I'm rooting for him; he seems like a good guy.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/le...s-weight-loss/

Lacy needs to do what Bell did as he was leaving Michigan State. If you followed his career there, he looked mostly like a power runner, north-south guy and by losing the weight, it allowed him to achieve another level of performance that I didn't think he had coming out of college. I'm not saying Eddie would become what Bell has become, but I think it would only allow him to take his game to another level too. I'm rooting for him; he seems like a good guy.
    Lacy is a good guy. The question is whether he's driven enough to be the best player he can be. He and Arod are poles apart in that regard. Lacy at 230ish is an awesome blend of power and quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm assuming they want him back at his draft weight of 230.

Whoever his trainer is should replay the long run against Arizona anytime Eddie needs motivation.
    I think the encouraging thing is he is has a trainer and is trying to drop the pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think the encouraging thing is he is has a trainer and is trying to drop the pounds.
    Wait'll that first cruller starts calling to him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Agree. I figured Lacy was 250+, and a rib injury plus the weight wasn't doing his conditioning favors. To me, the part I find encouraging is
    Lacy is committed to accomplishing that before the season starts
    I wouldn't count the kid out...he likes football. What I worry about is assuming he drops the weight, what happens when he becomes a free agent? Everyone has to wonder if he'll eat his weigh out of the league or keep in shape.
    I've posted links to youtube highlights from previous years, back to Alabama days. Comparing those to this past season are night and day. Dropping what was a lot of bad weight would make a big difference in his production IMO.

That Arizona run was embarrassing.

Eddie lacy highlights from 2012:

Eddie Lacy rookie highlights from 2013:

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Who is that guy?

sound: NSFW
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wait'll that first cruller starts calling to him.
    It's not the first cruller that's the problem - it's crullers 8 through 12.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Or 5-7, if 1-4 are unavailable to eat.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I got that!

This must weigh heavily on McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I bet Wist hates crullers 2-4 and even blames dunderdummy for their formation.

Those highlights from Alabama are insane. He looks so much different and so much slower. Though admittedly it is harder to tell since NFL front 7 players close so much faster.

I do wonder how effective he could be at 210-220. I wonder how much running through contact is just attitude vs physique. Could Eddie still have the same physical style of embracing contact at 215?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I bet Wist hates crullers 2-4 and even blames dunderdummy for their formation.
    You gotta have a bear claw in the middle to hold down the fort.