Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packers: Need Lacy to Lose 30 Pounds

Holy smokes. If Lacy can get back to that Alabama/rookie year weight and style, he'd be a monster. I'd forgotten how nimble he could be.

Makes that 60 yard stumble even more embarrassing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Getting him back to his rookie season or college senior season would be reasonable. I think 230 would be a good weight for him. I doubt he's going to change his style of running, and -- assuming he's around 260 -- dropping 30 pounds in an offseason is a lot of weight. 5 pounds a month from here to TC is doable, but not easy or a given. It will make for a very interesting story.

He has good feet and balance, and is a pretty patient with his blocks. He's never gonna outrun many NFL safeties, but his weight this year impacted his quick feet and conditioning. Rodgers and the offense could've really used a slimmed down Lacy.

He'll lose the weight he has to:

It's simply a matter of getting his butt on the matt/floor and working on his core.

Everyone needs to do that. Learn the proper way to do crunch's.

Set up a schedule of core and stretching exercises.

The other thing with Eddie Lacy is he cannot go on imagining he's a Battering Ram. He needs to se holes better.

He's not going to be a RB that gets outside really fast.

For some reason I like James Starks ability. I hope TT finds a strong /fast RB that can get outside and down more. That can hit holes more efficiently. Running into the pile makes zero sense.

PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    He'll lose the weight he has to:

It's simply a matter of getting his butt on the matt/floor and working on his core.

Everyone needs to do that. Learn the proper way to do crunch's.

Set up a schedule of core and stretching exercises.

The other thing with Eddie Lacy is he cannot go on imagining he's a Battering Ram. He needs to se holes better.

He's not going to be a RB that gets outside really fast.

For some reason I like James Starks ability. I hope TT finds a strong /fast RB that can get outside and down more. That can hit holes more efficiently. Running into the pile makes zero sense.

PACKERS !

This could probably be said of many men.

At least if women are to be believed.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

looks like he still hasn't gotten to the target weight with m3 saying

""Eddie will be fine," McCarthy said in May. "I believe he'll hit the target that we're all looking for when the lights come on"

that goes along with a story they came out some time back when everyone was going crazy over those photos that came out with him looking all in shape. when you looked closer, he really didn't look that much different.

guy needs to get his shit together, or else its gonna be a short career

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    looks like he still hasn't gotten to the target weight with m3 saying

""Eddie will be fine," McCarthy said in May. "I believe he'll hit the target that we're all looking for when the lights come on"

that goes along with a story they came out some time back when everyone was going crazy over those photos that came out with him looking all in shape. when you looked closer, he really didn't look that much different.

guy needs to get his shit together, or else its gonna be a short career
    I had posted these pictures in another tread. They're from the same practice in May. Looks like he's lost weight in the front. Maybe not in the back.

[/QUOTE]

I would be fine with 15 less pounds rather than 30 IF he was in shape.

His wind was the problem last year. Remember him looking for someone to land on during what should have been a TD run in Arizona? He had to slow down, turn around and run to the nearest defender to get tackled.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would be fine with 15 less pounds rather than 30 IF he was in shape.

His wind was the problem last year. Remember him looking for someone to land on during what should have been a TD run in Arizona? He had to slow down, turn around and run to the nearest defender to get tackled.
    Except it wasn't really a run to the defender. It was kind of a pleading shuffle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

the weight loss is possible

another player whole career is in danger, khyri thornton (yeah that bust), dropped 30 pounds between OTA's and the start of training camp and now seems to be kicking ass in lions camp

no excuse for a guy who is suppose to be doing p90x for months to look the way he did in warmups at family night

and for those that didn't see it, both PB and myself saw eddy bent over hands and knees like he would before any snap, with a very visible gut hanging out over his best, much like it looked last preseason when concerns were first raised

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ropped_30.html

So what has sparked his training camp surge?

How does 30 pounds sound?

That's the weight Thornton has lost, and not since the end of last season either. Not even since the conditioning program.

"Right after OTAs," he said.

Wait, Thornton has lost 30 pounds since June 9?

"Yessir," he said.

That's 30 pounds. In 56 days.
    Last edited by red; 08-07-2016 at 04:59 PM.

another player whole career is in danger, khyri thornton (yeah that bust), dropped 30 pounds between OTA's and the start of training camp and now seems to be kicking ass in lions camp

no excuse for a guy who is suppose to be doing p90x for months to look the way he did in warmups at family night

and for those that didn't see it, both PB and myself saw eddy bent over hands and knees like he would before any snap, with a very visible gut hanging out over his best, much like it looked last preseason when concerns were first raised

Montee Ball better not bend over with his hands on his knees.

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer

I've dropped 22 pounds since June 16. It can be done.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And I bet you didn't have the aid of a multi million dollar career on the line to motivate you either

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    And I bet you didn't have the aid of a multi million dollar career on the line to motivate you either
    Maybe over a 20 year span I could get into the Million dollar amount.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston